TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

47 minutes ago, Chiefski said:

Seems everyone is discounting Kings of Leon as this US band, type of band DF would pick up

Mid to late 2000s are their big songs, so it's definitely not them.

This is assuming that TRNSMT are even booking this band.

Oh, and The Killers could still sell a fuckload more tickets in Scotland than in Falkirk. DF will know this. If they AREN'T playing, the Falkirk gig will only have something to do with it in the sense that The Killers only wanted to do their own shows.

50 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

LG can't be coming back anytime soon? festival is still in its infancy and he only just headlined in 2018

With TRNSMT shifting tickets trumps stuff like album cycles or whether an act has played previously, they probably tried to get Gerry Cinnamon back again to headline despite him doing three years on the trot.

18 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

With TRNSMT shifting tickets trumps stuff like album cycles or whether an act has played previously, they probably tried to get Gerry Cinnamon back again to headline despite him doing three years on the trot.

I highly doubt it, since they're the ones promoting the Hampden gig, and that'll probably be worth more to them when added to TRNSMT.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Mid to late 2000s are their big songs, so it's definitely not them.

This is assuming that TRNSMT are even booking this band.

The quote doesn't quite say that though, doesn't it? Can only see it being them or The Strokes

I'm probably not managing to go this year, but going what's being rumoured/announced elsewhere, and trying not to rebook acts from previous trnsmts, I'd like some of the following show up

Taylor Swift (going by her other dates I think she's a no go sadly ?), Aerosmith, Post Malone, Major Lazer, Pixies, Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott, The Libertines, The Strokes, Foals, The Streets, Billie Ellish, HAIM, Supergrass, The Rapture, Tove Lo, Wolf Alice, Young Fathers

Paolo Nutini must be close to coming out of hiding too, I'd imagine.

Edited by Chiefski

I think we’re all getting ahead of ourselves here..... last year was the weakest line up yet. The change from first year in 2017 is ridiculous, back the line up was a proper indie festival with big bands playing. They know their audience now and will get artists who will shift most tickets.

Lewis Capaldi

Billie Eillish

Biffy Clyro

thats my prediction for headliners.

33 minutes ago, Liam138 said:

I think we’re all getting ahead of ourselves here..... last year was the weakest line up yet. The change from first year in 2017 is ridiculous, back the line up was a proper indie festival with big bands playing. They know their audience now and will get artists who will shift most tickets.

Lewis Capaldi

Billie Eillish

Biffy Clyro

thats my prediction for headliners.

valid point, as much as i'd like it to be the Strokes, Noel Gallagher & Foo Fighters, its more likely to be Little Mix, Taylor Swift and this years celebrity X Factor winner

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Sounds in the city has Capaldi headlining on the Wednesday before Trnsmt. I'd guess that makes him fairly certain.

Aye looks a dead cert now. I see Jake Bugg & Kaiser Chiefs have announced new tours today so wouldn’t be surprised to see them on the line up later. 

Not holding out too much hope for anything surprising, it’s Geoff Ellis we’re talking about, he’s going to book what he knows will sell, will probably look a lot like last years line up with bands getting a boost up the billing based on increased popularity 

I shared the tweet from Tickets Scotland about them saying who was playing TRNSMT & now they have blocked me for it ? So odd, considering how shambolic it was on their part. Why would they share artists that have been speculated with no credible source then get surprised when people share what they said? ?

I don't understand why the killers are only doing 1 gig in Scotland, especially at Falkirk? Unless they have something else lined up at somepoint (as of yet unannounced)

They sold out their stadium tour in like 20minutes, put extra dates on at the likes of the Emirates stadium and in Ireland, yet are playing only once in Scotland and at a small stadium compared to the other venues. Just seems strange. 

7 minutes ago, Neontiger90 said:

I don't understand why the killers are only doing 1 gig in Scotland, especially at Falkirk? Unless they have something else lined up at somepoint (as of yet unannounced)

They sold out their stadium tour in like 20minutes, put extra dates on at the likes of the Emirates stadium and in Ireland, yet are playing only once in Scotland and at a small stadium compared to the other venues. Just seems strange. 

Yeah I know! Could easily have sold another date at Falkirk stadium. Just can't see then doing another trnsmt slot after playing it 2 years ago. 

8 minutes ago, Neontiger90 said:

Maybe they are doing trnsmt too. Seems unlikely tho with a date in the central belt 2 months before. 

Won't be long till we know tho.