TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

18 hours ago, iforaneye said:

Called it. Baws well and truely oot.

Oh rly? Been touting a Hampden gig for him for ages. 

On 9/21/2018 at 11:44 PM, devilman said:

They'd never fill a Scottish stadium. They're not Ed Sheeran enough and it's not that long since they played the Hydro. Gerry Cinnamon would honestly fill Hampden before Metallica.

The only way I don't see Gerry Cinnamon sell that out is if he's just played one too many big shows in recent times. No doubt a shit ton turned out to Courteeners for him, with the run of Glasgow shows that year, TRNSMT and the Hydro all in the recent past as well. Mad thing is, I still think it'll sellout.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The only way I don't see Gerry Cinnamon sell that out is if he's just played one too many big shows in recent times. No doubt a shit ton turned out to Courteeners for him, with the run of Glasgow shows that year, TRNSMT and the Hydro all in the recent past as well. Mad thing is, I still think it'll sellout.

There’s no doubts it’ll sell out, it’s Glasgow in the middle of the summer. As I said, 41k tickets this winter alone. He’s done a massive turn regardless of what people think of him. Quite surprised he’s not headlining this, would shift tickets no hassle.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Of the hundreds of thousands in Scotland who have seen him over the years go through open mics, pub gigs, King Tuts, ABC, Barrowlands, Hydro, TRNSMT etc. Nobody will be avoiding Hampden because they've seen him before, quite the opposite.

5 hours ago, iforaneye said:

Of the hundreds of thousands in Scotland who have seen him over the years go through open mics, pub gigs, King Tuts, ABC, Barrowlands, Hydro, TRNSMT etc. Nobody will be avoiding Hampden because they've seen him before, quite the opposite.

Yeah. He's a joy to behold live. Was well happy to see him in the summer.

2 hours ago, gordo1701 said:

Just seen that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers have announced two European festival dates. Guess that makes them a potential headliner but even though they’re really liked. Most people seem to come out underwhelmed with their live shows, heard last time at TITP was pretty awful

They're one of the worst live bands i have ever seen. Also barely play any of their hits.

3 hours ago, gordo1701 said:

Just seen that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers have announced two European festival dates. Guess that makes them a potential headliner but even though they’re really liked. Most people seem to come out underwhelmed with their live shows, heard last time at TITP was pretty awful

Not a great live band by any means, but they are a band that a lot of people will want to see at least once. Aren't they pretty heavily rumoured for Isle of Wight anyway?

52 minutes ago, iforaneye said:

So it looks like Gerry has indeed sold out Hampden in minutes. Lots of disappointed fans on twitter, wonder if a second date a possibility?

In other news the Killers have annouced the Falkirk Stadium on Thursday 28th May 

They in the UK just after big weekend so I have a feeling they are playing big weekend.

13 hours ago, Lucius Cashmere said:

The poster I saw for the Killers at Falkirk said its their only Scottish date of the tour, Blossoms are supporting them, although I dont know if thats relevant or not to TRNSMT in any way

I presume the fact the Killers played TRNSMT in 2018 may be part of why they're not returning so soon. But considering they drew a big looking crowd to that and I presume they would as well in any Edinburgh/Glasgow stadium, Falkirk is a very peculiar looking choice.

But yeah I presume that rules them out for this.

7 hours ago, charlierc said:

I presume the fact the Killers played TRNSMT in 2018 may be part of why they're not returning so soon. But considering they drew a big looking crowd to that and I presume they would as well in any Edinburgh/Glasgow stadium, Falkirk is a very peculiar looking choice.

But yeah I presume that rules them out for this.

Falkirk is central and there stadium with having only 3 stands is perfect for gigs.

Take my hat off to them they pull some massive names.

5 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Falkirk is central and there stadium with having only 3 stands is perfect for gigs.

Take my hat off to them they pull some massive names.

I see. Maybe it just looked a bit weird as, at that point, I hadn't followed an act who booked the venue. But yeah, looking at the roll call, they've booked some impressive acts there in the last few years.