TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

18 hours ago, gfa said:

Can't see TRNSMT booking an act the size of Coldplay honestly.

This thread reminds me off the pie in the sky predictions of the 2019 trnsmt thread at the start.

Cant wait to see the disappointment when Gerry and Capaldi get announced and some on here  trying to polish a turd because they sell out at the hydro. 

15 hours ago, Threestripes said:

This thread reminds me off the pie in the sky predictions of the 2019 trnsmt thread at the start.

Cant wait to see the disappointment when Gerry and Capaldi get announced and some on here  trying to polish a turd because they sell out at the hydro. 

You are the main culprit for having pie in the sky predictions 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Threestripes said:

So Kasabian Muse and RHCP are pie in the sky for Scotland’s supposed no1 festival???

Says everything about trnsmt to be honest.

Don't think that's who you were suggesting for last year.

If kasabian are about they'll book them for sure, they've already played trnsmt and played T lots.

Muse seem to do stadiums so probs not a possibility for trnsmt.

RHCP again doubt they're about, also played T not long ago (are also absolutely pish live, but thats another matter)

• Like 1

Muse did less nights in Glasgow than in any other city on the Drones tour and haven't done an outdoor show in Scotland since their last performance at T in the Park. And didn't even do Scotland this time despite missing out the country in the summer. So they clearly aren't interested in doing shows here much. For THAT reason, I'd have it down as a pie in the sky prediction, but certainly not an idiotic one.

Red Hot Chili Peppers might be a decent shout if they bring out new material. DF have booked em a couple of times, once not THAT long ago, so I could see it happening. Not until they actually do something new though.

Kasabian will clearly happen again.

Billie Eilish? I can see her subbing. She's exactly the sort of act I can see TRNSMT booking. Saying she'd just announce it is bonkers. TRNSMT will be the ones to announce it. Not her. The Stone Roses are the only ones I can think of who have announced playing T or TRNSMT before it was actually announced by the promoters. No idea why she'd be different.

1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

Muse did less nights in Glasgow than in any other city on the Drones tour and haven't done an outdoor show in Scotland since their last performance at T in the Park. And didn't even do Scotland this time despite missing out the country in the summer. So they clearly aren't interested in doing shows here much. For THAT reason, I'd have it down as a pie in the sky prediction, but certainly not an idiotic one.

Red Hot Chili Peppers might be a decent shout if they bring out new material. DF have booked em a couple of times, once not THAT long ago, so I could see it happening. Not until they actually do something new though.

Kasabian will clearly happen again.

Billie Eilish? I can see her subbing. She's exactly the sort of act I can see TRNSMT booking. Saying she'd just announce it is bonkers. TRNSMT will be the ones to announce it. Not her. The Stone Roses are the only ones I can think of who have announced playing T or TRNSMT before it was actually announced by the promoters. No idea why she'd be different.

Arctic Monkeys kinda announced it themselves in 2018. Agree it's unlikely tho.

15 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

When I suggested that I meant that Scotland would be listed on the tour poster in the same way Spain is, just without a venue announced. Her dates have a Spanish gig on 9th July which presumably will be a festival, so I’m not sure what’s so special about TRNSMT that she wouldn’t at least mention a Scottish gig, even if it wasn’t announced as TRNSMT.

47 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Don't think that's who you were suggesting for last year.

If kasabian are about they'll book them for sure, they've already played trnsmt and played T lots.

Muse seem to do stadiums so probs not a possibility for trnsmt.

RHCP again doubt they're about, also played T not long ago (are also absolutely pish live, but thats another matter)

Aye your probabbly right I think I mentioned the prodigy or the chems last year as headliners and got shot down saying there not big enough.

20 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Not just they aren't big enough, more just trnsmt would never book them in a million years

If KF never passed you don’t think trnsmt would book the prodigy?

Am no getting into a argument about that one because I strongly disagree.

Btw do you think someone like Calvin Harris will get booked in the future?

2 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Aye your probabbly right I think I mentioned the prodigy or the chems last year as headliners and got shot down saying there not big enough.

Chemical Brothers definitely aren't, and absolutely no major festival will have them as a main stage headliner again unless they suddenly have a resurgence.

The Prodigy at a push could be big enough, but DF haven't seen them as such for years, hence constantly being thrown onto the second stage.

1 hour ago, Threestripes said:

If KF never passed you don’t think trnsmt would book the prodigy?

Am no getting into a argument about that one because I strongly disagree.

Btw do you think someone like Calvin Harris will get booked in the future?

Hmm doubt it with Calvin I think they seem to have hit a formula that works and don't see why they need to book an EDM act and change it along with the negative attention him being booked seems to bring.

19 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

In fact I’ll bite why wouldn’t trnsmt book the Prodigy either as a headliner or sub??

Last year obviously.

If T was still a thing they'd book them for the second stage. At trnsmt however based on the direction they're clearly trying to go then no I don't think so. What sort of booking team that came up with Stormzy, Catfish & George Ezra would also have been considering The Prodigy? It makes no sense.

• Like 1

I reckon The 1975 are an absolute dead cert for next year, and possibly Biffy Clyro on there too.

Fuck knows how close they were to getting Coldplay in 2017 but they definitely tried, and they might well be about in 2020, although they're likely be doing their own stuff I think.

Throw Ellie Goulding in for a decent slot not headlining and that's my predictions. So...

The 1975/Coldplay/Biffy Clyro
Stereophonics/Courteeners/Billie Eilish
Ellie Goulding/Two Door Cinema Club/Kaiser Chiefs

22 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I reckon The 1975 are an absolute dead cert for next year, and possibly Biffy Clyro on there too.

Fuck knows how close they were to getting Coldplay in 2017 but they definitely tried, and they might well be about in 2020, although they're likely be doing their own stuff I think.

Throw Ellie Goulding in for a decent slot not headlining and that's my predictions. So...

The 1975/Coldplay/Biffy Clyro
Stereophonics/Courteeners/Billie Eilish
Ellie Goulding/Two Door Cinema Club/Kaiser Chiefs

I'd be pretty sure of Billie Eilish headlining if she plays. She would 100% bring more fans through the gates than Biffy Clyro.

Also, I know George Ezra played Hydro and TRNSMT last year but I think what people have said about The 1975 is right; Summer Sessions, Hydro and TRNSMT in the one year will be stretching it too much.