TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

13 hours ago, gfa said:

Definitely says something about their booking policy that they didn't get Green Day for TRNSMT.

Cmon mate the kids of this country want another snore fest with Capaldi and Gerry.

And we will get people on here sucking GE off when they get announced because “they can shift tickets”bla bla.

2 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Cmon mate the kids of this country want another snore fest with Capaldi and Gerry.

And we will get people on here sucking GE off when they get announced because “they can shift tickets”bla bla.

Glad to see you're still taking last year's lineup well

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Had the tour been changed slightly it would have been possible, doing Ireland first and flying back for TRNSMT. Definitely not impossible but a bit of a push. You haven't escaped FOB yet!

But the tour hasn't been changed, so we definitely have!

Escaped? 14 year old me would have killed for this tour. Alas, I had to settle for seeing my teenage heroes Fall Out Boy supporting Biffy at Summer Sessions once they were well past their prime. Wasn't the same.

9 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Probably stupid but GE? first guess would be george ezra its a they

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it looks to me like Green Day will no long deal with Live Nation. This is the 2nd trip this side of the pond where they've used another promoter after being on LN's string for a very long time.

Is the Bellahouston gig not being done by DF Concerts? You know more about all of this than I do but I thought they were part of Live Nation. 

But yeah, I think Green Day not playing TRNSMT has more to do with their tour finishing two weeks before it than a specific booking policy, though I think they would have been booked for their own gig anyway.

10 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Is the Bellahouston gig not being done by DF Concerts? You know more about all of this than I do but I thought they were part of Live Nation. 

ahh, true.

And after doing a bit of digging instead of speculative guessing, I can see it looks like the whole tour is done thru LN.

I'd thought it was done by someone else because Huddersfield and the London Stadium aren't the normal LN venues.

On 9/11/2019 at 1:18 AM, gfa said:

Definitely says something about their booking policy that they didn't get Green Day for TRNSMT.

having realised the error of my first thought (see above), I have new thoughts.

I'm guessing that Green Day weren't really available to be booked for TRNSMT as it's a tour involving three bands as a whole package. It wouldn't really work to fit that in to a festival.

I can’t get over the same people on this thread week after week craving for bands who would never play this festival in a million years while moaning about bands who realistically could.

If the last few years of lineups haven’t been for you, maybe try another Festival than pinning your hopes on TRNSMT catering for just you?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

I can’t get over the same people on this thread week after week craving for bands who would never play this festival in a million years while moaning about bands who realistically could.

If the last few years of lineups haven’t been for you, maybe try another Festival than pinning your hopes on TRNSMT catering for just you?

I prey for the day a festival like cool brittania starts in Scotland.

Frightening how popular it could become there’s definetly a gap in the market up here.

58 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

You're incredibly deluded if you think that.

Also if you want to see bands like James why not just go see them at Ed Summer Session which they played this year?

James got panned at CB not my cup of tea 

CBs line up in its first year nails it the second year the undercard is bang on.

Why am incredibly deluded thinking a festival like that wouldn’t be a hit??

Ok mate

Cool brittania 2020 Perth scone palace early June :)

Ocean colour scene/Pulp/Primal scream/Feeder/Elastica/Happy mondays/Razorlight/Cast/Sleeper /coral/Shed seven.

Faithless dj set/Orbital/Graeme park/Mike Pickering/Norman Jay/Alfredo/Brandon Block 

Barn stage ...

Oldskool stage 

Camping

You don’t think that would sell well ???

Just now, Threestripes said:

That wasn’t the question was it?

So you don’t think there’s a gap in the market for a festival like CB in Scotland?

I was just pissing about. I don't think there's a gap in the market for any sizeable music festival in Scotland. Same in North England. They just don't get the numbers.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Ok mate

Cool brittania 2020 Perth scone palace early June :)

Ocean colour scene/Pulp/Primal scream/Feeder/Elastica/Happy mondays/Razorlight/Cast/Sleeper /coral/Shed seven.

Faithless dj set/Orbital/Graeme park/Mike Pickering/Norman Jay/Alfredo/Brandon Block 

Barn stage ...

Oldskool stage 

Camping

You don’t think that would sell well ???

I mean it might be popular with some people but no way it'd be anywhere near trnsmt's sales think that much is obvious.

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

@Threestripes Most of those (obviously not Pulp) have played Hardwick Live in County Durham in the past few years, if you have a look at that. Still a couple of hours out of Scotland but closer than Knebworth.

Cheers for the heads up mate al look into it  that definetly interests me.

Edited by Threestripes