TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously survey isn’t much to go by and the act list is recycled but edm acts were on it for headliners. I honestly think as much as nobody wants to hear it that its not a bad idea considering how well this one sold - but they could stick with the 2018 model as without the extra weekend the first one would have fully sold out probably - especially if Killers were there instead of stereophonics 

11 hours ago, gfa said:

Obviously survey isn’t much to go by and the act list is recycled but edm acts were on it for headliners. I honestly think as much as nobody wants to hear it that its not a bad idea considering how well this one sold - but they could stick with the 2018 model as without the extra weekend the first one would have fully sold out probably - especially if Killers were there instead of stereophonics 

What are you on about? This year didn’t have EDM.

They can put on EDM at Glasgow Green if they want, just without the TRNSMT banner. They booked Bruno Mars - an act that wouldn’t suit TRNSMT - a couple of years ago and he just did his own show.

The company has made a conscious shift away from with TRNSMT and there doesn’t seem to be any reason to reintroduce it just to book two or three DJ’s a few years past relevant.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:37 AM, dentalplan said:

Calvin Harris isn’t coming anywhere near TRNSMT. They’d just have him headline his own gig at Glasgow Green instead like Bruno Mars a year or two back.

Know I'm way behind on replying to this and you probably werent using Calvin as a serious example, but he doesn't really play anywhere outside of Las Vegas anymore. He earns over a million a night playing there (so god knows how much Creamfields threw at him to get him to headline this year). Other than that he barely plays anywhere else in the world, can't see him coming back for a relatively small scottish indie festival when he could be headlining Tomorrowland or something similar

49 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Know I'm way behind on replying to this and you probably werent using Calvin as a serious example, but he doesn't really play anywhere outside of Las Vegas anymore. He earns over a million a night playing there (so god knows how much Creamfields threw at him to get him to headline this year). Other than that he barely plays anywhere else in the world, can't see him coming back for a relatively small scottish indie festival when he could be headlining Tomorrowland or something similar

You've got me in a tight spot here Matt because I don't wanna make a case for him headlining TRNSMT but I still want to point out how what you've just said is utter shit. Hmmm...

Either way, he headlined a festival in Kosovo a few weeks back among other European dates that he does all the time. He gets heaps in Las Vegas - anyone who plays there does, but they also have to go out into the world and do other shows. Live Nation can afford him if they want him.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You've got me in a tight spot here Matt because I don't wanna make a case for him headlining TRNSMT but I still want to point out how what you've just said is utter shit. Hmmm...

Either way, he headlined a festival in Kosovo a few weeks back among other European dates that he does all the time. He gets heaps in Las Vegas - anyone who plays there does, but they also have to go out into the world and do other shows. Live Nation can afford him if they want him.

Oh shit fair enough, I assumed from the response I saw on twitter when he was announced for Creamfields was because he was quite exclusive now, especially as he hasnt done any of the other big edm fests in a while (hadn't seen him on any lineups since Coachella pretty much)

21 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Oh shit fair enough, I assumed from the response I saw on twitter when he was announced for Creamfields was because he was quite exclusive now, especially as he hasnt done any of the other big edm fests in a while (hadn't seen him on any lineups since Coachella pretty much)

They sound like Creamfields' Twitter bots

On 8/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, dentalplan said:

What are you on about? This year didn’t have EDM.

They can put on EDM at Glasgow Green if they want, just without the TRNSMT banner. They booked Bruno Mars - an act that wouldn’t suit TRNSMT - a couple of years ago and he just did his own show.

The company has made a conscious shift away from with TRNSMT and there doesn’t seem to be any reason to reintroduce it just to book two or three DJ’s a few years past relevant.

^^ the survey list did though is what I am saying

I don’t know much about Calvin Harris but I think playing in Scotland for the first time in like 4-5 years now would probably be a fair draw for him given he’s Scottish. Whether its a Bruno Mars type thing, GSS or TRNSMT itself I think he’d do it - i mean why would he do T every other year if he didn’t like playing for the home crowd (well money but he could be offered the same money at trsnmt)

1 hour ago, James Jobling said:

Gerry will defo headline this year, Kasabian there’s a strong possibility wouldn’t he surprised if LG was there as well as Courteeners I think they will have some who were there in 2018 as they are all releasing new music 

I reckon Liam could headline reading next year

I think Kasabian could do radio 1 big weekend again with Glastonbury alongside.

Gerry and courteeners could co headline next year.

Foo fighters could have a chance as they are realsing a new ablum next year as well as stereophonics.

Edited by jj200

3 hours ago, James Jobling said:

Gerry will defo headline this year, Kasabian there’s a strong possibility wouldn’t he surprised if LG was there as well as Courteeners I think they will have some who were there in 2018 as they are all releasing new music 

Liam for GSS to tie in with Reading, agreed with Kasabian....I'd not be surprised to see Glastonbury get them to sub.

With The 1975 smashing their Summer Sessions set on Saturday and a new album on its way in February, I think they’re a shoo-in to headline TRNSMT next year. They’ll probably need a strong undercard though given they’ve already sold 40,000 tickets in Glasgow alone in the last 6 months.

I don’t think they’ll book Gerry next year. TRNSMT has been a key part in his meteoric rise but I think he’s reaching a level now where most people who want to see him have seen him and he won’t be a strong enough draw as headliner. I think a few nights at Edinburgh Summer Sessions is more likely.

I’ve said it on here before but I think they will have a big focus on female acts next year too to strive for 50/50 gender lineups.

Friday - Biffy Clyro / Billie Eilish / HAIM

Saturday - The 1975 / Lana Del Rey (special guest) / Two Door Cinema Club

Sunday - Paolo Nutini / Tom Walker / Lizzo

On 8/27/2019 at 2:24 PM, Stuart1000 said:

With The 1975 smashing their Summer Sessions set on Saturday and a new album on its way in February, I think they’re a shoo-in to headline TRNSMT next year. They’ll probably need a strong undercard though given they’ve already sold 40,000 tickets in Glasgow alone in the last 6 months.

I don’t think they’ll book Gerry next year. TRNSMT has been a key part in his meteoric rise but I think he’s reaching a level now where most people who want to see him have seen him and he won’t be a strong enough draw as headliner. I think a few nights at Edinburgh Summer Sessions is more likely.

I’ve said it on here before but I think they will have a big focus on female acts next year too to strive for 50/50 gender lineups.

Friday - Biffy Clyro / Billie Eilish / HAIM

Saturday - The 1975 / Lana Del Rey (special guest) / Two Door Cinema Club

Sunday - Paolo Nutini / Tom Walker / Lizzo

Surely they can’t have Gerry as a headliner don’t give a fuck how much tickets he can sell it would be a embarrassment.

Seen Facebook with all the pukes wanting Gerry Capaldi and George Ezra back again.

WTF do they not want to see someone better/different?

37 minutes ago, WeeSket said:

Courteeners / Wolf Alice / Bombay Bicycle Club 

The 1975 / Vampire Weekend / Declan Mckenna 

Dave / Jorja Smith / Loyle Carner 

There's no way that Dave is a headliner. He played R1 headline at R&L this year. Vampire Weekend would make more sense as the headliner honestly.

• Upvote 1