TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

14 hours ago, stanh said:

some very quick mockups ive done, maybe placed slowthai too low? would like some feedback x sunday trnsmt 2020 mock 1.png

I would see Tame Impala booked more for Summer Sessions over TRNSMT in my eyes . But overall a decent first predication I would be happy with.

If they go back to the same template as the first year, I could definitely see it going this way, but it's probably (definitely) pie in the sky as Gerry Cinnamon + Lewis Capaldi seems to be "more interesting" and "worthy of watching" nowadays:

Biffy Clyro / Nothing But Thieves / Sam Fender / The Regrettes / Fever 333

Tame Impala / Billie Eilish / Lizzo / The SLP / Charli XCX / Wallows

Muse / The Raconteurs / Miles Kane / Pale Waves / half alive / Mini Mansions 

Florence would be up there but she said in her interview in Q magazine this month that this current tour will be her last outing for a long while as she wants a break.

15 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Tame Impala doing summer sessions :lol:

On what planet are they headlining a major here? Why are people STILL going on about this idea? I can see them doing one of the summer nights at Kelvingrove. They ain't doing a major.

Can’t see them doing KG, but maybe swg3 same as foals this year. 

Think LG will do trnsmt again next year or if not, a show at Glasgow green around that time. 

16 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Tame Impala doing summer sessions :lol:

On what planet are they headlining a major here? Why are people STILL going on about this idea? I can see them doing one of the summer nights at Kelvingrove. They ain't doing a major.

The same planet that had Stormzy headlining it. 

Tame Impala are big enough for headlining TRNSMT. Don't know why folk think otherwise tbh. Another critically acclaimed album by this time next year and they should definitely be considered to headline. The way TRNSMT is going, however, it looks like they are going with a "what's popular at the moment that kids will jump on" vibe. With that, expect the likes of Gerry Cinnamon, Lewis Capaldi etc to headline. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, wishyboz6 said:

Tame Impala are big enough for headlining TRNSMT. Don't know why folk think otherwise tbh. Another critically acclaimed album by this time next year and they should definitely be considered to headline. The way TRNSMT is going, however, it looks like they are going with a "what's popular at the moment that kids will jump on" vibe. With that, expect the likes of Gerry Cinnamon, Lewis Capaldi etc to headline. 

No way tame impala are headlining trnsmt. They’re pretty big yeah but common sense shows they’re not gonna shift enough tickets for this festival and that’s before u even consider its not a trnsmt type booking at all.

4 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Can’t see them doing KG, but maybe swg3 same as foals this year. 

Think LG will do trnsmt again next year or if not, a show at Glasgow green around that time. 

I can't see him doing trnsmt with the way it's going at the moment but maybe Glasgow summer sessions he could do instead along with reading and Leeds.

Tame impala could also do reading and Leeds along with big weekend and trnsmt if not trnsmt maybe an arena tour.

Edited by jj200

I think Tame Impala would be ideal as an Edinburgh Summer Sessions headliner but nothing bigger. If they tour up here I would expect them to play The Hydro but I couldn't see them selling out. Admittedly they're a bigger deal now but the biggest venue they've played here is the Barrowlands, they're not going from that to headlining TRNSMT unless their next album is ridiculously successful. 

Anyway, here's a quick prediction for next year:

FRI: Paolo Nutini, Dua Lipa, Blossoms, Sam Fender, Of Monsters & Men
SAT: Liam Gallagher, Wolf Alice, Bombay Bicycle Club, Nothing But Thieves, Octavian
SUN: Lewis Capaldi, Two Door Cinema Club, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Twin Atlantic, Tom Walker

My Prediction

FRI: Biffy Clyro, Paulo Nutini, Dua Lipa, Blossoms, Declan Mckenna 
SAT: Calvin Harris, Martin Garrix,  Disciples, Duke Dumont , Jax Jones  
SUN: Lewis Capaldi, Billie Eilish, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Jake Bugg (New Album Pending) 

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I think Tame Impala would be ideal as an Edinburgh Summer Sessions headliner but nothing bigger. If they tour up here I would expect them to play The Hydro but I couldn't see them selling out. Admittedly they're a bigger deal now but the biggest venue they've played here is the Barrowlands, they're not going from that to headlining TRNSMT unless their next album is ridiculously successful. 

Anyway, here's a quick prediction for next year:

FRI: Paolo Nutini, Dua Lipa, Blossoms, Sam Fender, Of Monsters & Men
SAT: Liam Gallagher, Wolf Alice, Bombay Bicycle Club, Nothing But Thieves, Octavian
SUN: Lewis Capaldi, Two Door Cinema Club, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Twin Atlantic, Tom Walker

That Saturday looks good it could sell out first but Lewis capaldi will probably need a strong understand maybe move Liam Gallagher to Sunday to close the event and have Coldplay headline the Friday.

So it will be Coldplay,Lewis capaldi and Liam Gallagher.

• Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, Blair G said:

My Prediction

SUN: Lewis Capaldi, Billie Eilish, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Jake Bugg (New Album Pending) 

This year at trnsmt we are devoting a day to dance plus I feel Biffy should co headline with Lewis capaldi and foals to co headline with Palo nuntei.

Foals/Paulo nuntini

Calvin Harris

Biffy Clyro/Lewis capaldi

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blair G said:

My Prediction

Not huge on dance myself but pretty sure Martin Garrix is viewed as a very big act, he probably would want to be headlining a day if he plays. Obviously wouldn't want two dance days so just replace him with fatboy/chems/someone else.

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not huge on dance myself but pretty sure Martin Garrix is viewed as a very big act, he probably would want to be headlining a day if he plays. Obviously wouldn't want two dance days so just replace him with fatboy/chems/someone else.

Yeah Martin Garrix is by far a better act than Calvin Harris his show porduction is insane blows my mind he hasn't played in scotland since 2014 i think he could do Bellahouston no problem. 

Edited by Blair G

On 7/17/2019 at 12:48 PM, wishyboz6 said:

From a TRNSMT point of view they're not the type of band that would shift tickets as a headliner.  I was very critical of the line up this year and didn't think it would sell, but it did and was aimed at a very teenage market with what was popular on Radio 1 and the likes. Fair play to DF for knowing their target audience.  I can't see them shifting from this strategy now and sadly they have moved on from bands like Tame Impala who are a great band, but probably don't fit the type of act they're going to book, at least not as a headliner.

The people on here who keep mentioning the likes of Foals, Tame Impala, Bombay Bicycle Club, Two Door Cinema Club etc as headliners or sub-headliners... do they not realise that this festival is aimed at the Scottish market and these bands just aren't popular.

I saw today that it was confirmed that Gerry Cinnamon has a new album out "early next year". Probably up to him what he does in Glasgow next summer so can't see him wanting to do TRNSMT again over his own Summer Session or could even just go baws out and do Hampden. Could see him co-headlining R+L and main headlining a load of others in England.

If Paolo Nutini has a new album in the new year he'll also either headline or do a Summer Session

Don't think Biffy are due an album but wait and see.

Lewis Capaldi could continue to rise or stay where he's at. He's not a headline act yet cause his songs aren't really anything special yet.

Edited by iforaneye

1 minute ago, iforaneye said:

I saw today that it was confirmed that Gerry Cinnamon has a new album out "early next year". Probably up to him what he does in Glasgow next summer so can't see him wanting to do TRNSMT again over his own Summer Session or could even just go baws out and do Hampden. Could see him co-headlining R+L and main headlining a load of others in England.

If Paolo Nutini has a new album in the new year he'll also either headline or do a Summer Session

Don't think Biffy are due an album but wait and see.

Lewis Capaldi could continue to rise or stay where he's at. He's not a headline act yet cause his songs aren't really anything special yet.

Gerry Co-headlining R+L? Just as you said above... and lets spin that around ;) 

"The people on here who keep mentioning the likes of Foals, Tame Impala, Bombay Bicycle Club, Two Door Cinema Club etc as headliners or sub-headliners... do they not realise that this festival is aimed at the Scottish market"

Biffy are bringing out an album soon

Just now, Stuielooie said:

Gerry Co-headlining R+L? Just as you said above... and lets spin that around ;) 

"The people on here who keep mentioning the likes of Foals, Tame Impala, Bombay Bicycle Club, Two Door Cinema Club etc as headliners or sub-headliners... do they not realise that this festival is aimed at the Scottish market"

Biffy are bringing out an album soon

I don't know mate. Gerry is selling out arenas for fun in the north of England just now. Very much a headline act now for the Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool "dark fruits" demographic - obviously maybe not the target audience for R+L but he'd shift tickets for whoever puts him on. Especially with a new album which Radio 1 will struggle to ignore this time around.

59 minutes ago, iforaneye said:

I don't know mate. Gerry is selling out arenas for fun in the north of England just now. Very much a headline act now for the Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool "dark fruits" demographic - obviously maybe not the target audience for R+L but he'd shift tickets for whoever puts him on. Especially with a new album which Radio 1 will struggle to ignore this time around.

I know, but Reading is more important than Leeds. He will probably be a third down (at max) at RnL.