TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

4 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Gerry Cinnamon will be headlining next year so will Capaldi al go for Noel as the 3rd

Will capaldi even be relevant then though, a year is a long way away. Would be a shame to see them back two years running (three for gerry) although would probably sell alright.

I can see Cinnamon doing SS next year actually. I think Biffy will be one. Noel ain't headlining a major DF one again probably. Liam Gallagher might be a decent shout to return. 

They might well take a punt on Capaldi. Especially since 70 minute headliner slots are now a thing. 

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Will capaldi even be relevant then though, a year is a long way away.

Definitely. He's likeable and, most importantly, he's managed to join the relentless Gallagher press cycle which is an absolute geyser of PR on Radio X, NME, etc. He's in it for the long haul.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that there will be two weekends?

Would make sense to have one weekend like this year’s and another for the alternative audience that the festival was originally intended for. 

Best I would hope for is Gerry Cinnamon, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian but can see it being Calvin Harris, Drake, Lewis Capaldi the way the festival is now going. 

Florence + the Machine / Twin Atlantic / The Lumineers

The 1975 / Vampire Weekend / Billie Eilish

Paolo Nutini / Dua Lipa / Wolf Alice

I could live with that quite happily.  Maybe swap a sub/3rd out for Christine & The Queens if still touring.

Edited by harryomatic

13 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Florence + the Machine / Twin Atlantic / The Lumineers

The 1975 / Vampire Weekend / Billie Eilish

Paolo Nutini / Dua Lipa / Wolf Alice

I could live with that quite happily.  Maybe swap a sub/3rd out for Christine & The Queens if still touring.

I can't see twin Atlantic playing that high and I can't see Florence playing next year.

3 hours ago, jj200 said:

Due to the festival going mainstream

I could see the headliners being the 1975, Kendrick Lamar and Kings of Leon

Muse, Kasabian and ad- DC headline Glasgow summer sessions.

Its not that - its just what acts are touring at this time of the year which they can pickup. Most of the bigger names aren't around till later in the summer doing reading/gss/others and the only one that was in the UK around trnsmt was killers who played last year. Florence maybe could have but I would argue for the crowd in Glasgow and the rest of the day's lineups, their current headliners were probably better. Its not gone more mainstream it has just gone for a younger demographic. Glasgow still has a superb gig scene I really don't see the problem to be honest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jj200 said:

But at reading and Leeds they are 7th down so maybe king Tut's headliner.

The difference in their popularity in England and Scotland is huge. In 2015, they headlined the Hydro, and on their last tour they played 3 sold out nights at the Barrowlands. Same way Gerry Cinnamon plays diddy slots at Glasto or R&L but subs at TRNSMT. Different markets, different demands.

On 7/14/2019 at 10:50 AM, gfa said:

Will capaldi even be relevant then though, a year is a long way away. Would be a shame to see them back two years running (three for gerry) although would probably sell alright.

Lewis Capaldi wasn't due to play this year. It wasn't until Snow Patrol pulled out due to ill health a month ago that he was added to the line up, I'm sure tickets for the Sunday were sold out within a day or two of him being announced as a replacement. 

I think the original plan would have been for him to not play this year, do his Summer Sessions, Academy and Hydro shows later this year then return to TRNSMT 2020. Wouldn't be surprised if he headlined next year tbh. 

You could potentially add Snow Patrol in the mix for playing next year with having to pull out this year.

Think I’m going a bit out there with this prediction but I think it’s entirely realistic based off who will be probably touring this time next year. I also suspect a real focus on getting more female acts on the lineup next year (hence why I’m predicting full day of female acts on the Saturday)

Liam Gallagher / The Libertines / Wolf Alice / Pale Waves / Sam Fender 

Dua Lipa / Billie Eilish / Ellie Goulding / Halsey / King Princess

My Chemical Romance / Vampire Weekend / slowthai / Bloc Party / Yonaka

Edited by Stuart1000

1 hour ago, Stuart1000 said:

Think I’m going a bit out there with this prediction but I think it’s entirely realistic based off who will be probably touring this time next year. I also suspect a real focus on getting more female acts on the lineup next year (hence why I’m predicting full day of female acts on the Saturday)

Liam Gallagher / The Libertines / Wolf Alice / Pale Waves / Sam Fender 

Dua Lipa / Billie Eilish / Ellie Goulding / Halsey / King Princess

My Chemical Romance / Vampire Weekend / slowthai / Bloc Party / Yonaka

That Liam day will sell out easily but the other two i'm not sure. The dua day could do alright but a whole female day without any indie acts which are still without a doubt the bulk of the lineup is unlikely to say the least. MCR and Vampire Weekend are class don't get me wrong but they aren't typical dark fruits kind of bands and Bloc Party too is a lot more out there for the younger crowd. Not sure why they would book MCR when they could pick up Kasabian or another far safer pick. Would definitely be a strange crowd that day.