TRNSMT Lineup 2020

RarerThanDandyB

Thanks to @Mezhyp1 for the help on 2019. Underwhelming but I don’t find the lineup terrible...

For 2020 I think:

Muse

Royal Blood

Kendrick

I feel Muse will do it next year for a Scotland gig, Royal Blood will have an album and if Catfish can headlining they can and Kendrick since he will have new material has done RandL and Summer Sessions so the next festival would be TRNSMT to do.

What do others think?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It didn't sell poorly at all. Kendrick was empty 

It was on 2-for-1 and didn’t sell out. Kendrick might have sold less (also worth bearing in mind his show was on a Wednesday rather than Saturday) but it shows that they’re not really paying attention to past bookings and success.

6 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

It was on 2-for-1 and didn’t sell out. Kendrick might have sold less (also worth bearing in mind his show was on a Wednesday rather than Saturday) but it shows that they’re not really paying attention to past bookings and success.

I wasn’t at Catfish but based on what I’ve read on here it seemed like it was busy enough, even if it didn’t sell out. They literally had to give away hundreds if not thousands of tickets for Kendrick.

16 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

Do you honestly think if Catfish sold badly at summer sessions they'd sit there n go right let's book them to headline trnsmt next year?

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

@Mezhyp1 can you explain who the subs were for this year that were planned and also you said something about someone being asked to headline but didn't want to?

Florence deciding to do the couple of nights in Edinburgh ahead of TRNSMT. And the subs weren't as such as in the pipeline or anything, but just names I'd heard talked about as Cardi B and Chance the Rapper, both naturally before Stormzy. 

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Florence deciding to do the couple of nights in Edinburgh ahead of TRNSMT. And the subs weren't as such as in the pipeline or anything, but just names I'd heard talked about as Cardi B and Chance the Rapper, both naturally before Stormzy. 

Ahh interesting cheers. Strange choice from Florence to do ESS instead I think. Also you say they're natural choices to sub Stormzy but then they ended up with Gerry Cinnamon  ?