7000 More Coach Attendees?

Gnomicide

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Edit: forget my initial post, it's 7000 more coach passengers, not punters

The way I read it, it's both. 7,000 more punters, all of which go into the Coach ticket pool.

From what it says, my best guess is that those 7,000 tickets come from the "we don't need it right now, but we're putting this in the licence just in case" increase in staff numbers that got approved a couple years ago.

So if I'm reading it right, they could increase the attendance by a further 7k which would all be coach package tickets.

The council hadn't figured this out, one bloke objected but he's now sleeping with the fishes so it could happen, maybe from next year?

1 hour ago, Steve The Techy said:

Interesting, the 3.4 percentage rise with 7000 extra attendees at Glastonbury festival put the present number going there at 204,000

Kind of inline with my estimate.

140,000 regular tickets 

40,000 volunteers 

Then there are the hospitality tickets, performers, vendors and security.

According to Mendip council - a total of 203,000 before this recent modification.

135,000 public weekend tickets

5,000 local sunday only tickets

63,000 "non public" tickets - which includes all staff, artists, hospitality tickets, and has an allocated set aside for free children under 13. This number was increased from 37,500 about 5 years ago - at the time this was said to be a much higher number than currently needed in order to give the festival more flexibility over the 10 year duration of the licence. It doesn't say what the previous number for Coach Only tickets was.

Staff/complimentary/performer passes to increase by 25,500 to a maximum 63,000 over the next ten years. This is to allow for the greater demands that have been put on staffing the event and providing performers. It is not envisaged that the full amount will be required. For example, it is proposed that up to 10,000 additional staff/performer passes be available for 2014. However, the25,500 has been applied for to cover realistic potential numbers that may be needed by the Festival over a ten year period with more staff (paid and voluntary) being required by improving standards, facilities, safety and entertainment.

10 hours ago, Steve The Techy said:

Interesting, the 3.4 percentage rise with 7000 extra attendees at Glastonbury festival put the present number going there at 204,000

Kind of inline with my estimate.

140,000 regular tickets

40,000 volunteers

Then there are the hospitality tickets, performers, vendors and security. 

Dont forget to 10000 children under 12 you get in free and are not counted at the gates and as a volunteer I was told in 2017 that staff, market, performers, volunteers and build crew adds up to about 65000 but am not sure if this over and above toe 20300 or included in that.