Unspecified time coach ticket - how does it work?

pictureoftomorrow

I was lucky enough to get ticket in the coach ticket sale (just). I'm going from Bath. I wasn't able to choose the time of the coach, it was sold simply as Wednesday coach.

Has anyone done this before? When did you find out what coach you were on? Did you have any say in which one you went on?

There was minimal info in the confirmation email so any info you can provide will be appreciated - I don't like not knowing!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the range of times the bus departs from Bristol?  (ie what happened in 2017).

In particular, what time is the latest?  It'd be a bit frustrating to have to wait all day if you get allocated a late one

(or can you choose times when you depart from Bristol?)

Edited by uscore

2 hours ago, JaiCrispy37 said:

How long does it take to get there?

First time I went was from Liverpool on the 6am bus and if memory serves we rocked up around 2pm. Depends on the driver and traffic as they stop for a break for about 45 mins on the way. If its conditions like 2016 it could be much much worse. 

25 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

First time I went was from Liverpool on the 6am bus and if memory serves we rocked up around 2pm. Depends on the driver and traffic as they stop for a break for about 45 mins on the way. If its conditions like 2016 it could be much much worse. 

Everybody on my nephew & Nieces coach from Liverpool got booted off in 2016. Got told the drivers hours were up. They walked about 5 miles to the site. In situations like that the drivers are allowed to go over their hours  so he just had them all off. We drove very slowly past him and I said "Thats our James & Lily" He managed to put some stuff in our car to lighten his load. Hope I get a 6am one this year. 9am one normally has us at Glastonbury between 4 & 5 with a 45 min break.

16 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Thank you,  best get myself comfortable for the journey!

On 2/27/2019 at 1:43 PM, JaiCrispy37 said:

Does anyone know what kind of time we'll be looking at for a coach from Liverpool?

On 2/27/2019 at 1:44 PM, jyoung said:

I believe they start from 6am, outside the Empire. I'm hoping to be on an early one.

On 2/28/2019 at 1:25 PM, faymondo said:

I have only ever ended up on a 9am one.

Done the coach from Liverpool 3 times, 8am, 9am and last year midday. Wasn't happy with that, traffic was better but wasn't on site until around 6pm. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Done the coach from Liverpool 3 times, 8am, 9am and last year midday. Wasn't happy with that, traffic was better but wasn't on site until around 6pm. 

Wow didn't know there was a 12 !! take the 9am in the case !!!

30 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Wow didn't know there was a 12 !! take the 9am in the case !!!

It was grim*. Sitting at home, watching people arrive via Twitter, all the excitement of tents going up, the sun shining like a demon, photos of drinks being opened. Meanwhile I was sat at home watching the clock tick, very, very slowly.

*At least I didn't have to queue in the sun, no sunstroke for me, a hero taking my tent in and setting it up for me. Plus, of course, at least I had a ticket. Imagine going through that and not knowing you'd be in amongst it by the end of the day.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:36 AM, Gnomicide said:

It was grim*. Sitting at home, watching people arrive via Twitter, all the excitement of tents going up, the sun shining like a demon, photos of drinks being opened. Meanwhile I was sat at home watching the clock tick, very, very slowly.

*At least I didn't have to queue in the sun, no sunstroke for me, a hero taking my tent in and setting it up for me. Plus, of course, at least I had a ticket. Imagine going through that and not knowing you'd be in amongst it by the end of the day.

I have people setting up base camp for me so fingers crossed for a decent coach time. I have said if we ever get a year with no ticket then I am going away with the missus to ibiza for a weekend to cushion the blow.