Taxis from Gate B to Gate D and back

alisonbison

Someone may have already asked but...... why are you camping so far away from where you are working?? Is it not possible to camp closer?? 

All that being said you the walk is not that far if you are allowed to walk through the site. Take you about 30 mins or so? 

3 hours ago, Havors said:

Someone may have already asked but...... why are you camping so far away from where you are working?? Is it not possible to camp closer?? 

All that being said you the walk is not that far if you are allowed to walk through the site. Take you about 30 mins or so? 

Because we aren't allowed to bring the campervan to the crew camping. 

11 minutes ago, alisonbison said:

Ah yes, thank you.

We don't have festival tickets, so that's not an option.

I will just have to walk it. It'll be hard on the Monday with all the tent stuff (for the crew camp) but not too bad the other times.

I can sympathize as I would find that distance difficult both pre and after a shift. Some staff get permits to use E21 if whoever they are volunteering for don't have a campervan allocation in their campsite. Contact them and see if they can help. :)

Edited by StoneCircle

How are you getting onto site on the Monday, does the person with the cv have normal or workers tickets , as if they are normla tickets they won;t be able to get onsite with the van until the Tuesday

Have you been before to the festival? I'll be onsite before the Monday so if you need any help lugging stuff on the Monday you can always give me a shout - direct message me on here a good few weeks before the festival and we can swap numbers - alwasy happy yo help out another older lady as obviously its worrying you, so maybe some help may help to ease the worries

• Upvote 4

Hello.

Thats a really, really kind offer. We will manage though, I think.

The person with the CV also has a worker's ticket. We will have to set up camp in our van off site near Gate D then lug our crew campsite stuff to Gate B and camp there. 

We will honestly be ok... just was looking for a short cut! 

Thank you! 

Hello again.

Asking a slightly revised version of this.

Will I be able to get a taxi from Ashcombe Farm,  ( near Gate D) on Monday to take all my stuff to crew camping near Gate B?

Just on the Monday? Because of course I won't be able to walk through the site on that day.  I am not sure what traffic restrictions are in place before the festival starts? 

Thanks again! 

I would imagine that trying to drive on the roads around the outside of the site on monday will be very difficult. The traffic will be extremely heavy and there will be a number of one way systems in place which will be designed to get people away from the site, not around it.

Why won't you be able to walk through the site on Monday, anyone else should be able to?

Edited by Johnnyseven

9 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I would imagine that trying to drive on the roads around the outside of the site on monday will be very difficult. The traffic will be extremely heavy and there will be a number of one way systems in place which will be designed to get people away from the site, not around it.

I think she means the Monday before the festival not the Monday at the end.

I assume that a taxi would be more feasible then but I'm sure someone else who has experience of the set up days will be along with a more authoritative response.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

I think she means the Monday before the festival not the Monday at the end.

I assume that a taxi would be more feasible then but I'm sure someone else who has experience of the set up days will be along with a more authoritative response.

Oh ok, I didn't realise. I've no idea. Someone local or people who have experience working the festival might be able to help though.

1 hour ago, ian the worm said:

If you have a crew ticket you can access the site on the Monday before. 

Yep, but it depends a bit on what the arrival instructions are. With some crews, especially those camped outside the fence, you need to report to your crew camp before you can get wristbanded which would be an obstacle in this case.

20 hours ago, incident said:

Yep, but it depends a bit on what the arrival instructions are. With some crews, especially those camped outside the fence, you need to report to your crew camp before you can get wristbanded which would be an obstacle in this case.

Hello.

Yes I won't have crew access till Monday afternoon. I want to get a taxi from Ashcombe farm to Gate B on the Monday morning before the festival. Sounds like it MAY be possible. 

Would it not be possible for the person bringing you to detour as close as possible to Gate B on the way in, so you can jump out and get wristbanded, while they head west and park up?

If they drive up Blue Route, as long as you're not stopping for more than a few seconds you should be able to find a spot to pull over near the crew campsites. As long as you don't try to go through any of the gates and especially Blue Gate then you can do that without having a routing sticker.

This thread really does feel like it's overcomplicating things. Different crews often have different arrival instructions and different ways that they can accommodate you, so you will likely get a more sensible answer from them than you will here as all the answers you're getting here are generic and so will kind of default to "no". My best suggestion it to discuss your needs and limitations with them..