RnL 3rd Announcement

jamieaslee

I can't see Broco being there this year. As much as I would love them to be, I don't that its going to happen. They have small festivies here and there such as community. I feel they will play those this year and then come to R&L next year with a new album under their belt. Maybe third down on main stage or even headlining R1 stage. Either way, they deserve a good slot if they appear next year IMO. 

With the 3rd announcement, not sure why people think another act is going be third on the Foos day on the main. Bit of a strange thought and if someone is announced for third down, ill be very surprised. I can't really think of who the TBC is so I'm a bit useless haha. Most probs someone like Giggs as already mentioned. 

Last time there was a prominent TBA, it was because they were holding back alt-J to help Latitude sell, right? Is there anyone they'd rather not announce yet from Download, Latitude or Wireless?

Also I was gonna predict that there would be an announcement next week because the last two announcements have both been the week after Download. Obviously I didn't so I'm not trying to get points for that but it seems like a thing going forwards - having the same announcement schedule a week apart.

edit: Ignore that. Not even c**ting right.

Edited by dentalplan

6 hours ago, syc1818 said:

can't think who'd it be then. Catfish? The streets?

Neither of those would be held back for those festivals? Or did you not mean to quote me? :P

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It’s Dave innit

Could well be but also he could just be on the lineup aside from that TBA slot.

18 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Last time there was a prominent TBA, it was because they were holding back alt-J to help Latitude sell, right? Is there anyone they'd rather not announce yet from Download, Latitude or Wireless?

Realistically if it was from any of those lineups we'd be looking at one of:
Lana Del Rey

Migos

Cardi B

Future

A$AP Rocky

Any of them could do it, maybe not Future, or Rocky if he really is exclusive. Could easily be Giggs or Dave though too.

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Realistically if it was from any of those lineups we'd be looking at one of:
Lana Del Rey

Migos

Cardi B

Future

A$AP Rocky

Any of them could do it, maybe not Future, or Rocky if he really is exclusive. Could easily be Giggs or Dave though too.

I'm thinking Die Antwoord.

I don’t know if I can see it being Die Antwoord. I get that they’re big enough to do it but not sure if I see them being booked in such a prominent slot at R&L. Don’t think they’d get the biggest crowd up against 1975 either. Alot of mates I know who like Antwoord are also fans of 1975 and would probably pick the latter.

I’d be happy enough though being able to watch 1975 without being tempted to go to the R1 like I probably would with someone like Rocky, Giggs, The Streets, etc.

4 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I don’t know if I can see it being Die Antwoord. I get that they’re big enough to do it but not sure if I see them being booked in such a prominent slot at R&L. Don’t think they’d get the biggest crowd up against 1975 either. Alot of mates I know who like Antwoord are also fans of 1975 and would probably pick the latter.

I’d be happy enough though being able to watch 1975 without being tempted to go to the R1 like I probably would with someone like Rocky, Giggs, The Streets, etc.

Rocky is honestly the worst live act I've ever seen, he couldn't get the crowd going then stormed off the stage 20 mins early, hope he's not there. I think giving that slot to someone british like Giggs would be quite cool actually. 

Edited by jamieaslee