RnL 3rd Announcement

jamieaslee

3 hours ago, jj200 said:

I'm saying they will headine trnsmt as a stepping stone to headline Major  fest's .

How isn't APE a stepping stone? 45K fest, catfish literally used the same stepping stone last year (and a few more similar sized fests, but festival wise catfish have a much wider appeal) I really can't see BMTH headlining reading on this album though their music just really doesn't fit in well enough and they don't have a like legacy status that other more off bands like Green Day have. They also don't really have any major hits that the other stranger choices like FoB or 21p have I think

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

How isn't APE a stepping stone? 45K fest, catfish literally used the same stepping stone last year (and a few more similar sized fests, but festival wise catfish have a much wider appeal) I really can't see BMTH headlining reading on this album though their music just really doesn't fit in well enough and they don't have a like legacy status that other more off bands like Green Day have. They also don't really have any major hits that the other stranger choices like FoB or 21p have I think

Trnsmt is smaller than reading which ape is a smaller size to trnsmt.

21 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You’re missing my point entirely. An arena band that can headline a 40k festival isn’t going to headline the second stage at Reading and Leeds. 

according to efestival Rock en Seine is smaller than APE, 30k capacity. BMTH isnt headlining. 5th down on the 25th aug. also R&L fest are 90k + 80k capacity. id assume they would happily take lower positions at larger events. also considering their new album is very experimental id guess it could suit the second stage well. 

I have no idea how long people take to plan out festival so i absolutely get this is most likely just coincidence but lets do some mental gymnastics here:

Res hasnt even made a second announcement, from that lets assume they are still securing acts, theres probs a lot of flexibility for acts to pick their date.

R&L got their second announcement a few weeks back so we can assume thats been in the works longer so they may have went ReS for the 25th as doing 24th puts R&L out the picture entirely. (UK, France, UK in 3 days would suck)

You could also assume they will be back in the UK around the time of R&L as well thats their home, also why 23rd wouldn't make perfect sense.

In all honestly i have no clue tho and im not going to bullshit or anything, i mean shit they might just want a week break after going to japan for SSF its just a few things ive noticed that line up quite well into the optimal plan for hitting R&L then ReS right after. And yeah its not main stage, dont know how much they care about that.

Edited by Altirix

3 hours ago, Altirix said:

according to efestival Rock en Seine is smaller than APE, 30k capacity. BMTH isnt headlining. 5th down on the 25th aug. also R&L fest are 90k + 80k capacity. id assume they would happily take lower positions at larger events. also considering their new album is very experimental id guess it could suit the second stage well. 

I have no idea how long people take to plan out festival so i absolutely get this is most likely just coincidence but lets do some mental gymnastics here:

Res hasnt even made a second announcement, from that lets assume they are still securing acts, theres probs a lot of flexibility for acts to pick their date.

R&L got their second announcement a few weeks back so we can assume thats been in the works longer so they may have went ReS for the 25th as doing 24th puts R&L out the picture entirely. (UK, France, UK in 3 days would suck)

You could also assume they will be back in the UK around the time of R&L as well thats their home, also why 23rd wouldn't make perfect sense.

In all honestly i have no clue tho and im not going to bullshit or anything, i mean shit they might just want a week break after going to japan for SSF its just a few things ive noticed that line up quite well into the optimal plan for hitting R&L then ReS right after. And yeah its not main stage, dont know how much they care about that.

European placing have nothing to do with UK festivals. They are not headlining the tent R&L. 

On 2/20/2019 at 7:59 PM, Mattymooz said:

I think their new album would fit in fine there, depends how they switch up their live shows with this new stuff

I don’t think it would, but even if do you really expect people that like George Ezra and Snow Patrol to start flocking out to see BMTH? 

On 2/22/2019 at 6:26 PM, Steve1000 said:

I don’t think it would, but even if do you really expect people that like George Ezra and Snow Patrol to start flocking out to see BMTH? 

Maybe not those acts but I can see them being popular with the Stormzy clientele. With the new electronicy direction I don't see how they would be any different to Prodigy who people have suggested could be booked.

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Maybe not those acts but I can see them being popular with the Stormzy clientele. With the new electronicy direction I don't see how they would be any different to Prodigy who people have suggested could be booked.

Didn’t even know their new album was electronic. I don’t think a band doing that instantly opens them up to that crowd - they’re still Heavy Screamo to so so many.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Didn’t even know their new album was electronic. I don’t think a band doing that instantly opens them up to that crowd - they’re still Heavy Screamo to so so many.

I don't know how most of the tracks could be classified as anything but electronic. Nihilist Blues has a whole ton of trance influences and Ouch sounds like a poor rip off of an edIT track.

Dunno how their new show is gonna turn out, whether they are gonna try and add electronic elements to their older stuff or heavier versions of their newer stuff.

Edited by Mattymooz

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I don't know how most of the tracks could be classified as anything but electronic. Nihilist Blues has a whole ton of trance influences and Ouch sounds like a poor rip off of an edIT track.

Dunno how their new show is gonna turn out, whether they are gonna try and add electronic elements to their older stuff or heavier versions of their newer stuff.

No I meant I haven't listened to it cos its Bring Me the Horizon, so I don't know that they've changed their style. Much the same for most. If Bon Jovi started rapping, he wouldn't be a hit with rap fans.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

There’s already a shit load of electronics in the older stuff. Have you listened to Sempiternal? 

They just play the songs as normal without changing anything. 

Edited by Steve1000

There's zero reason for Don Broco to have been TBC when they've been announced for a load of smaller festivals already (Community, Y Not, Truck, etc.) I'd rather them than Giggs/Dave as well but it almost certainly isn't happening.

Imagine we'll start seeing a few Pit acts now Download are basically done.

6 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Before next week’s announcement, who’s likely to fill that TBC slot? Dave and Giggs are looking likely (unfortunately for me) but I’d still like to see Broco take it, thoughts?

I originally thought it’d be Broco, but I think they’ll come back next year as third down on Main. It’s going to be a rapper, maybe Skepta (after he pulled out last year) Giggs or Dave.