Those Kids, today, on strike, awsome souls, very correct in thier judgement.

bamber

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

too much time protesting, not enough time in lessons. :P 

It's great, and I strongly approve.

But I did wonder how many of those kids will be going back to their parents and saying "we're not flying off on holiday this year, are we?" :P 

Your post resulted in me reading this - which I found interesting!

https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/16/virgin-atlantic-lanzatech-industrial-waste-low-carbon-jet-fuel/

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

too much time protesting, not enough time in lessons. :P 

It's great, and I strongly approve.

But I did wonder how many of those kids will be going back to their parents and saying "we're not flying off on holiday this year, are we?" :P 

There is a background smell of parental influence here, but the kids I met in work today and the girls on CH 4 news last night seemed to be genuinely, real and authentic. Sooner they get to take over the better I reckon. They have to be better than the current shit show, for sure for certain.

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

And I see some of the lovely people in our wonderful government have already condemned it as "truancy". All power to them. 

A generation of people they don't understand and don't know how to speak to who'll be eligible to vote in just a few years. They must be bricking it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Really? I didn't notice cos of the noise of propaganda slogans from the kids.

:P 

It was a background whiff. I remember my own militancy when I was 11 and me and my brother and other kids lead a walk out at our primary school circa 1975.

I loved Marina Hyde's take on it.

There is something truly grotesque about all this playing out as children around the country and the world strike from school to protest against climate emergency. In Westminster, a generation who will never be forgiven don’t even have the thing they won’t be forgiven for on their radar. It is left, shamefully, to actual kids to point it out. With absolute ironicidal inevitability, then, May made the time to criticise the nation’s young for their actions. Apparently, the climate strike “wastes lesson time”. Just to be clear, Prime Minister, on Thursday a party colleague requested an emergency parliamentary debate on Winston Churchill, who literally DIED IN 1965. Can you grown-ups give the kids another lecture on time-wasting, please? And if there’s any time before Brexit left after that, how about a game of cat’s cradle?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/15/rees-mogg-robot-sidekick-steve-baker-brexit

Over half of ALL the CO2 fossil fuel emissions have occurred since Al Gore published his climate book 30 years ago (So more than the last few 1000 years), see the newly published The Uninhabitable Earth.

So, he didn’t change much, nor Dicaprio, the Paris agreement isn’t (See China, India), so if the kids succeed it’s a marvellous miracle, and simply it’s just about a miracle required now...

There's absolutely one song that sums up this, and it was, ironically, written 55 years ago. 

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

There's absolutely one song that sums up this, and it was, ironically, written 55 years ago. 

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.

Ooff, awsome.

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.

Makes me lol that the boomers grew up to be the biggest load of twats.