Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I can only see British acts possibly being at R&L or other UK festivals next year tbh as it seems USA and some other countries are 10x worse than us atm, that’s even if festival season goes ahead next year as people are saying 2022 is more realistic to go ahead. I would say 2021 has a chance as the government is on stage 4 out of 5 for allowing live performances and that, so hope and will being looking forward to next year. What do you guys think is it likely for festival season to happen next year and will indoor gigs happen next year too ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy battered his wife, denied it until video evidence surfaced, and then when given an opportunity to make a statement made it all about him and how he was in a good place rather than admitting gu

The year is 2038. We've been back at Reading for several years now. The Wombats have just finished their set, 3rd from the top of main stage on their 20th consecutive year at Reading Festival. Next up

cry more you nonce

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Festivalboi36 said:

I can only see British acts possibly being at R&L or other UK festivals next year tbh as it seems USA and some other countries are 10x worse than us atm, that’s even if festival season goes ahead next year as people are saying 2022 is more realistic to go ahead. I would say 2021 has a chance as the government is on stage 4 out of 5 for allowing live performances and that, so hope and will being looking forward to next year. What do you guys think is it likely for festival season to happen next year and will indoor gigs happen next year too ? 

A lot of Download acts aren’t from the U.K...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rotinajer said:

A lot of Download acts aren’t from the U.K...

Oh really didn’t realise mate, I don’t follow download or and of that stuff tbh, but with things getting worse in USA etc it could be difficult for foreign acts to make it for all these festivals and gigs if restrictions are still in place next year ??

Link to post
Share on other sites

As it stands I don’t think we’ll be getting any major festivals next year tbh. Pains me to say that but I just don’t think it’s that realistic. Hope I’m wrong though. I guess R&L has more chance of happening that than stuff like Download and Glasto which are really under threat but still, atm I’m leaning more towards fests not happening. Again, really really hope I’m wrong I dunno if i can cope with another year of no festivals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

As it stands I don’t think we’ll be getting any major festivals next year tbh. Pains me to say that but I just don’t think it’s that realistic. Hope I’m wrong though. I guess R&L has more chance of happening that than stuff like Download and Glasto which are really under threat but still, atm I’m leaning more towards fests not happening. Again, really really hope I’m wrong I dunno if i can cope with another year of no festivals.

Festivals + gigs are what keep me going but I am starting to think that next year is going to be fairly similar to this. I think our only real hope to get either next year is a vaccine or a procedure that drastically reduces deaths and it could be a long time until any mass roll-out of either. More so than this, I really do feel for the smaller fests/ music venues that put their all into every year making only a small profit solely for the enjoyment of doing so. Along with that, the massive job losses in the industry that are already occurring.

Here's to hoping we can get back to some sort of normality in the music industry soon.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Festivals + gigs are what keep me going but I am starting to think that next year is going to be fairly similar to this. I think our only real hope to get either next year is a vaccine or a procedure that drastically reduces deaths and it could be a long time until any mass roll-out of either. More so than this, I really do feel for the smaller fests/ music venues that put their all into every year making only a small profit solely for the enjoyment of doing so. Along with that, the massive job losses in the industry that are already occurring.

Here's to hoping we can get back to some sort of normality in the music industry soon.

Tbh we may never get a vaccine so we will have to come up with a procedure that will benefit indoor/outdoor gigs and festivals. Maybe make masks mandatory and provide cleaning solutions everywhere within the venue and other rules that would help events to go ahead next year so people can have something to look forward to and help them through this year  

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, everest said:

" Rage Against the Machine are postponing our September European arena dates in Prague, Krakow and Vienna until such time when we are confident it will be safe for our fans. If health, local government approvals and safety permit, we will come back to Europe in fall 2021. We will let you know as soon as we have a confirmed touring plan."

Just got mail from oeticket.com

So they are out until at least fall 2021

 

 

 

Maybe say September/October next year is when it will be likely to see gigs back at some sort of fuller capacity tbh 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Festivalboi36 said:

Stormzy just announced his tour with be taking place next April don’t know weather to buy a ticket ???

In the post above the quoted message you say gigs won't be able to happen until fall 2021 yet in this post you're querying whether to buy tickets for a show in April. 

I'm starting to think you're not a reliable source on all things COVID... 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Right but if he's got nothing new to play why bother bumping him up to sub for the sake of it?

Stick a new album out and sure he's probably easily sub level.

He quite honestly looks like the most in demand artist in the insta comments

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Yeah but insta comments just want Arctic Monkeys forever so fuck em

Not really, it’s announce Dave, this doesn’t look like Dave etc

theres obviously other artists mixed in but his is the name I see the most 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Desperately want Grohl and the Foos back already, smh

Same but I wanna see other people as well before, like to have MCR at Reading before Foos again and Green Day

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I was thinking this earlier, if he’s there that or a very strong sub

i reckon he will headline wireless first, but i can 100% see him headlining soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

I really don’t think Dave has the pulling power to be a co-head he is big in the UK but outside he hasn’t really made a name for himself

Good job it’s a British festival then isn’t it.

Dave will be big enough to headline outright after his next release, I’m sure.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Good job it’s a British festival then isn’t it.

Dave will be big enough to headline outright after his next release, I’m sure.

Even a couple of big selling singles

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...