2021 Lineup

As an extra to my post earlier I could see this going the way of T and V as it’s going that way with it’s booking policy but the only difference is it’s still selling out. I’ve been to both T and V towards the end of those festivals and I’d say Readings campsite crowd was worse than both this year. It sounds like Leeds was even worse. 

• Like 1

Yea honestly based on all these posts I can’t see myself doing the full weekend again and camping, just doesn’t seem worth it, plus I’m getting older now (only 24!)

That being said, has anyone who used to camp done the festival while staying in a hotel or something similar? I’m worried that the line-up will warrant a full ticket without me wanting to camp! I’ve stayed in a hotel with a day ticket once before, and it wasn’t too bad, but I really struggled getting a taxi when the day had finished.

Last night was quite scary actually I’ll admit. The crowds are all about pits now and it’s no longer about music, went to AJ Tracey and had to hold my friends hand and let her on my back for the whole set purely due to her being pretty small and being dragged here and there by random people. They also told me Aitch was scary and another mate was luckily saved from an awful experience by some people who saw someone trying to grope her. 
In terms of drugs, a lot of weed was smelt but that’s natural I think, I saw a couple of people doing some coke etc, but on the whole I didn’t see loads. I camped in yellow and the atmosphere up until last night felt good, but then a group behind us had a huge fire and started chucking camping chairs and tents on it which really shook me as I had to stay the night on my own. 
On the other hand, even though I went with a group of about 10 me and my best mate were most of the time the only 2 at sets. The rest spent a lot of time further forward or at 1xtra and Dance while we went to the main stage stuff and pretty much everyone we stood around were lovely. A few we’ve tried to keep in contact with because they were class company, but all in all in the arena apart from AJ Tracey everything seemed great 

19 minutes ago, foolee said:

As an extra to my post earlier I could see this going the way of T and V as it’s going that way with it’s booking policy but the only difference is it’s still selling out. I’ve been to both T and V towards the end of those festivals and I’d say Readings campsite crowd was worse than both this year. It sounds like Leeds was even worse. 

If Reading went the way of T in the Park then there would be practically no big festivals left in the UK besides Glasto, but if Primavera end up bringing their festival to the UK like they planned to about a year back then that would be brilliant, so many great acts on their Barcelona lineup next year.

1 minute ago, OliverC said:

If Reading went the way of T in the Park then there would be practically no big festivals left in the UK besides Glasto, but if Primavera end up bringing their festival to the UK like they planned to about a year back then that would be brilliant, so many great acts on their Barcelona lineup next year.

Didn’t even know this was a plan, I would absolutely love that, do you know when it’d be - I’m a teacher, so constantly looking for festivals that line up with the summer holidays!

1 minute ago, OliverC said:

I feel like APE are trying to do what Primavera are doing but with not as good acts. That being said I’m thinking APE will get some good acts next year unless Primavera do try and bring their brand to the UK. 

14 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Yea honestly based on all these posts I can’t see myself doing the full weekend again and camping, just doesn’t seem worth it, plus I’m getting older now (only 24!)

That being said, has anyone who used to camp done the festival while staying in a hotel or something similar? I’m worried that the line-up will warrant a full ticket without me wanting to camp! I’ve stayed in a hotel with a day ticket once before, and it wasn’t too bad, but I really struggled getting a taxi when the day had finished.

Is that reading or Leeds? We did a hotel for the one night this year and its pretty seamless with the shuttle bus, though a big queue in the mornings.

I remember Reading being much closer to the centre and we've considered that because it looks like its walkable? 

6 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Didn’t even know this was a plan, I would absolutely love that, do you know when it’d be - I’m a teacher, so constantly looking for festivals that line up with the summer holidays!

Don't know when they were planning it for, I just remember them having blurred out pictures of London and LA on their site. 

They've confirmed they're bringing it to LA, but I believe they scrapped the plans for a festival in London.

Such a shame as if it was in the UK with a lineup like what they have scheduled for next year I would have probably went.

Edited by OliverC

1 minute ago, foolee said:

I feel like APE are trying to do what Primavera are doing but with not as good acts. That being said I’m thinking APE will get some good acts next year unless Primavera do try and bring their brand to the UK. 

APE should grow with time.
They booked Tame Impala for last year and got Foals this year, it definitely seems like it's on an upward trajectory.

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Is that reading or Leeds? We did a hotel for the one night this year and its pretty seamless with the shuttle bus, though a big queue in the mornings.

I remember Reading being much closer to the centre and we've considered that because it looks like its walkable? 

Reading, have looked at hotels in the city centre, but I’m not actually sure how far of a walk it would be.

Edit: Just as a side though, does anyone know if car parking passes can be used by people who aren’t camping? E.g. could I book a hotel and use the car park pass to park there each day?

Edited by Jack.194

1 hour ago, NoBuses said:

For a lot of acts this year people were going only to start mosh’s with no actual knowledge of the band, group of 4 at wombats asked me who wombats were and said they only came to start mosh pits haha 

yeah i was at the wombats and i started a mosh pit in moving to new york, was the first time i’ve ever done it but i only did it because it made SENSE to do it

also yeah crowds (ESPECIALLY the rap crowds) and camps were pricks, i was in white which was very nice but such a FUCKING TREK OH MY GOD

the fact there’s been no festivals for a couple of years led to this, like someone i haven’t spoken to for years randomly texted me asking if i have weed lmfao

still - was one hell of a weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it. i’m 18, was a rite of passage before uni really. i feel like shit, look like shit, i’m aching in places i didn’t know it was possible to do so, got ungodly colours pouring out my nose, probably got some sort of disease, but frankly i’d do it again in a heartbeat

until next time lads

Edited by JamieB1830
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

On the way back from Leeds right now. I’ll review bands later on but this will certainly be my last weekend at this festival. 

There were two stabbing in purple camp last night (security chased two lads through our campsite and warned us about the incidents). A girl was raped in Orange on Saturday and all weekend, w*nkers were lobbing cans of booze across the campsite, bottles of piss, air bed pumps etc. People were jumping onto others tents near us in the night and running off. 

This morning was chaos in the campsites; massive fires everywhere, thick black smoke, crowds of kids giving the stewards putting the fires out shit (some even throwing cans etc at them).  

The general atmosphere this year was the worst I’ve known it to be in eleven years. In the arena, so many people I encountered had no courtesy or decency when travelling around, pushing people out of the way, swearing at them to move etc. 

I saw lads groping girls in crowds and the amount of drugs at the festival is absolutely unfathomable. I have never seen so many empty baggies on the floor. As said above, enjoy yourself by all means but don’t be a prick to other people and ruin their time (I saw countless ketted up kids being so unpleasant to others walking around). 

It was overall a really unpleasant and, at several point, hostile environment at Leeds this weekend. 

Thoroughly agree, every point you made I witnessed. Grim crowds, personally stood at the back or if it was someone I wanted to see, I stood at the back of the front section.

little to no respect for anyone most people which is very sad to say. People vaulting over the barriers also, the groping of girls though was fucking disgusting, saw it on many occasions and intervened on a few occasions asking the girl if she wanted him to do that - they said no. The demographic is pricks. 

Squid, Biffy, Broco and Post were my highlights and I had a good weekend but the camping experience (being hit with one of them bangers on the tent), beer flying on my tent. Everyone felt like they had some given right to be a c*** and if that’s how it is then I don’t know if I can keep doing it. Maybe give it another go again but aside from being with my group and loving everything we did, couldn’t help but feel out of place to the short back and side beer lobbing, c**ty little pricks. 

Leeds what have you become (it was always heading that way).

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thoroughly agree, every point you made I witnessed. Grim crowds, personally stood at the back or if it was someone I wanted to see, I stood at the back of the front section.

little to no respect for anyone most people which is very sad to say. People vaulting over the barriers also, the groping of girls though was fucking disgusting, saw it on many occasions and intervened on a few occasions asking the girl if she wanted him to do that - they said no. The demographic is pricks. 

Squid, Biffy, Broco and Post were my highlights and I had a good weekend but the camping experience (being hit with one of them bangers on the tent), beer flying on my tent. Everyone felt like they had some given right to be a c*** and if that’s how it is then I don’t know if I can keep doing it. Maybe give it another go again but aside from being with my group and loving everything we did, couldn’t help but feel out of place to the short back and side beer lobbing, c**ty little pricks. 

Leeds what have you become (it was always heading that way).

When I watching Yonaka at Reading, there was a young girl right by me near the front starting to have a panic attack, I managed to get her to chill and breathe and relax, and then said to everyone around if she needs to get lifted over the barrier be ready! 

Edited by TornShaun
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TornShaun said:

When I watching Yonaka at Reading, there was a young girl right by me near the front starting to have a panic attack, I managed to get her to chill and breathe and relax, and then said to everyone around if she needs to get lifted over the barrier be ready! 

Good lad! 

PS that silent disco queue last night in Leeds was fucking horrible. Managed to get in but security were such awful. power went to there head!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

To avoid straying into pessimism, some questions for you all:

Best act of the weekend:

Act that most exceeded expectations: 

Best new act you discovered:

Best musical moment (song, crowd, etc):

Best act of the weekend: YM@6, Biffy, Becky Hill, Calva Louise and Yonaka

Act that most exceeded expectations: Catfish

Best new act you discovered: Calva Louise

Best musical moment (song, crowd, etc): Biffy Many of Horror, song makes me cry every time!

Edited by TornShaun

4 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Best act of the weekend:

Best Act: Stormzy for me

Exceeded: Kid Laroi (thought he would of been awful)

New act: JC Stewart in the dance tent was great

Musical moment: Afterglow Becky Hill

Edited by nathanh

To answer my own questions:

Best act: Wolf Alice (or Sam Fender had I not seen him a couple weeks before)

Exceeded expectations: Disclosure, Sports Team and Gerry Cinnamon.

New Act: Lyra in the FR stage was cool. Bit Florence and the Machine like.

Musical Moment: Live Forever guitar solo. Alfie Templeman playing Smells Like Teen Spirit was also entertaining.

Best act of the weekend: Gerry Cinnamon, Disclosure, Stormzy, Don Broco

Act that most exceeded expectations: Disclosure

Best new act you discovered: didn’t really see many new acts tbh

Best musical moment (song, crowd, etc): KSI bringing out the Sidemen, Wonderwall or Belter, where I’ve met my new best friend 😂😂

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

Reading, have looked at hotels in the city centre, but I’m not actually sure how far of a walk it would be.

Edit: Just as a side though, does anyone know if car parking passes can be used by people who aren’t camping? E.g. could I book a hotel and use the car park pass to park there each day?

No reason why not, there’s no obligation to camp with a weekend ticket 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Best act of the weekend:

Best act: Biffy Clyro. 

exceeded: Wolf Alice. I only saw four acts or so, so I’ll go with them. 

best new act: I’ll say…Bloxx. Really good. 

best musical moment: The end of  “Bubbles” by El Biff. Always a classic bit. Although ending on “Machines” was gorgeous.