2021 Lineup

Was in a completely different world for Disclosure yesterday, absolutely insane I’m not getting over it for quite a while. Hate this whole 2 stage thing tho, left Two Door early and they played What You Know last, left the Wombats early and left Disclosure really fucking early which was infuriating. Got a decent spot for Posty but he’s not my fav and we were stood there for a good 40 minutes, it I could go back id have just stayed at Disclosure

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Think with the two stages you have to pick which one you prefer, go with that and accept you won’t get a good spot for the next act/miss a couple of songs of the previous. I’ll be leaving Blossoms early today for a good spot for Wolf Alice, no doubt about that.

To be fair, there’s always been clashes with the NME tent so changing it back won’t change that! 

8 hours ago, JamieB1830 said:

wombats absolutely fucking killed it today, as did beabadoobee (who i wasn’t aware were so good)

disclosure was also sick but club music isn’t really my scene, could still appreciate it though

all in all i’m quite enjoying this so far, my one annoyance is the positive lateral flow tests i’ve seen dotted about the place, just dumped on the floor

c**ts

was always inevitable though, like i don’t want covid again but i’m probably coming home with it 😕

Don't forget there's that weird trick that people found where various stuff can make it positive - random drinks and the like, and kids using or to get out of school. I reckon it's less likely these people even took a test, and more likely they were playing around like that to see what gave a positive test. 

There'll be loads with it, but they won't be swabbing themselves. 

9 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Sea Girls absolutely killed it today at Leeds. Would be surprised if anyone tops that set tomorrow. Crowd energy was excellent and they sounded great. 

Excellent I'll make sure I catch them at Neighbourhood next weekend! 

39 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Looking at some set lists Liam's was very good, very similar to what I saw in Manchester. 

Yep was very similar to that last Manchester gig, though fade away was a nice surprise! 

The girlfriend loved Biffy but I was getting a bit frustrated with all the running around and queues so just went to get a drink and roam, though really that just meant 25 mins in a bar queue... they sounded amazing and I kind of regret that now! 

15 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

Anyone know how long it's taking to get in with a day ticket? Don't wanna miss Hot Milk at Reading tomorrow! 

Miles less than a weekend ticket, you have to queue with all the kids bringing bags back, all being searched

On 8/26/2021 at 9:38 AM, WFD said:

The tour announcement rush has kicked off this morning with Sigrid announcing dates for next year.

This was one of my hypothetical future "when gigs are back" must sees at a time when nothing seemed hopeful.  Gonna get tickets for my niece for Xmas (90% for me let's be honest 😁)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Whole place is riddled with Covid already. So many people coughing in the campsite, positive tests on the ground, whole thing is a mess

Nothing to do with the dust then? Festivals in dry weather is riddled with dust and coughing. 

5 hours ago, thetime said:

Nothing to do with the dust then? Festivals in dry weather is riddled with dust and coughing. 

dust paired with dehydration, absolutely everyone smoking, jumping about lots, maybe a little covid for some added spice

couple of people in my group did lateral flows today and they came back negative so yknow

anyway i’ve heard some pretty disturbing rumours about shit that happened here (reading), like someone getting crushed to death in stormzy or someone losing a finger because they got dragged into a mosh pit

also apparently some people died from spiked molly pills too

obviously none of this is confirmed but i could well believe it

this shit happens any time but i feel like covid shutting away britain’s teenage population led to people going waaaay too fucking far, like i was waiting for liam gallagher today and got stuck in KSI, where some girl next to me got her head split open by a flying can of stella

also what is it with rapper crowds just being complete pricks

2 hours ago, JamieB1830 said:

dust paired with dehydration, absolutely everyone smoking, jumping about lots, maybe a little covid for some added spice

couple of people in my group did lateral flows today and they came back negative so yknow

anyway i’ve heard some pretty disturbing rumours about shit that happened here (reading), like someone getting crushed to death in stormzy or someone losing a finger because they got dragged into a mosh pit

also apparently some people died from spiked molly pills too

obviously none of this is confirmed but i could well believe it

this shit happens any time but i feel like covid shutting away britain’s teenage population led to people going waaaay too fucking far, like i was waiting for liam gallagher today and got stuck in KSI, where some girl next to me got her head split open by a flying can of stella

also what is it with rapper crowds just being complete pricks

Second this. 

campsites we’re filled with c**ts this year. Launching anything and everything, and jumping into tents

we usually leave Monday morning, but we’ve headed off tonight because of how unsafe the atmosphere feels

39 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

For what it’s worth brother is en route home this morning, said there’s tons of positive lateral flows lying about the campsite…

Probably looking at 10% of attendees catching it? So 7,500 from Leeds and 8,500 from Reading? 

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/boardmasters-festival-new-delta-strain-cornwall-event-1172393/amp