2021 Lineup

2 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Their 'This is Maneskin' playlist on spotify has 350k likes, just for contrast MGKs has 250k

Right now Maneskin are charting consistently highly. It would make sense to have a festival like Alt LDN do book them as a replacement and due to tiktok fame and the hype they have around their name right now they would for sure draw a right crowd. However I dont think it would be a pick for Reading & Leeds.

Maneskin could definitely fill the slot, a weak booking for sure but right now it would be fine. Will look crazy in a few years or maybe they will be back headlining - who knows! That 350k This is Maneskin figure is crazy though, in just 10 days. Although they are very global so its hard to judge where they are popular, i bet the italians are going crazy for them right now vs us. Plenty of eurovision nuts will be at R&L too who i'm sure will go, honestly booking the eurovision winner is something I am surprised they haven't done before - especially with the popularity Maneskin have vs most of them. They also cover quite a lot of genres, honestly think i've just sold this as a good booking for the festival. I definitely prefer them to MGK anyway haha.

@Gerard the Fab not seeing any font difference honestly

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

How has the organisation been poor? 

Mainly the ticket transfer fiasco and the lack of updates when social media (not just us) has been melting down about covid, overseas acts etc. I appreciate leaving the app etc till next week is more akin to how it used to be going back a few years but in 2019 everything, including schedule, was available early August. Covid will have obviously caused them hassle but it’s more of a reason to keep people informed. All I’m really after is the set times now the map is out, albeit a leaked version

25 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Mainly the ticket transfer fiasco and the lack of updates when social media (not just us) has been melting down about covid, overseas acts etc. I appreciate leaving the app etc till next week is more akin to how it used to be going back a few years but in 2019 everything, including schedule, was available early August. Covid will have obviously caused them hassle but it’s more of a reason to keep people informed. All I’m really after is the set times now the map is out, albeit a leaked version

The ticket transfer thing isn’t really their fault though, it’s Ticketmaster’s. 2019, not this year, was the anomaly with everything being announced so early. 

It’ll all come early next week. 

25 minutes ago, Benj said:

There is no chance some random Eurovision band pitches up at Reading having never played in the country before. 

90% of goers wouldn’t even have ever heard of them. I hadn’t!

Since winning Eurovision they’ve had 3 different songs in the UK charts, the last 2 both in the top 10.

They also currently have the 4th most streamed song in the world on Spotify (and the 15th).

Id say the majority of the Reading and Leeds audience would be fully aware of them at this point.

28 minutes ago, Benj said:

There is no chance some random Eurovision band pitches up at Reading having never played in the country before. 

90% of goers wouldn’t even have ever heard of them. I hadn’t!

They have played the UK before at a venue that’s down the road from me which holds about 500ish people. I was then shocked to see how popular they were on Spotify recently as I didn’t know they had won Eurovision.