2021 Lineup

The lineup went down pretty well so I'm surprised most of the talk since is about who will be added. When the lineup is 95% done, as it is now, it's usually just a couple of acts added to the bottom of some stages, isn't it? The types who don't even get an announcement. Competition winners and such.

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Thank you! I put: 

Headliners - RATM, Paramore, BMTH, Travis Scott, MCR & Dua Lipa 

Others - Architects, 100 gecs, Tyler The Creator, IDLES, Run The Jewels, Pa Salieu 

I sort of blanked out while doing it, disappointed MCR weren’t on the list tbh

I went for RATM, Foals, Kendrick Lamar, Arcade Fire, The Strokes & Travis Scott as headliners

The Streets, Idles, The Front Bottoms, Fontaines D.C., Deftones & Danny Brown as the non headliners 

Edited by TheWaters

I went with BMTH, Rage, Billie Eilish, Tame Impala, MCR & Slipknot. 

Non headliners - Spanish Love Songs, While She Sleeps, Idles, All Time Low, The Mysterines & L'exquisite Douleur.

From the list they gave for headliners I chose BMTH, Halsey, Slipknot, Rage, Tame Impala & The Killers.

Non headliners from their list I went with Architects, Don Broco, Frank Carter, All Time Low, Idles and Yungblud.

Edited by foolee

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The lineup went down pretty well so I'm surprised most of the talk since is about who will be added. When the lineup is 95% done, as it is now, it's usually just a couple of acts added to the bottom of some stages, isn't it? The types who don't even get an announcement. Competition winners and such.

Is this 95% of the line up...?
If so, this would mean that the second main stage will replace the "Festival republic" stage? Pit/Lock up will operate on Friday and Saturday and rebrand to "Festival republic" for the last day? yes/no?
Also, what's happening to the big tent (BBC 1, old NME) stage? Does this new second main stage replaces this one too?

Sorry If this was discussed before, but I'm kinda lost with this stage setup. I've been twice on the festival ('14 & '17) so things could have changed since. I'm curious to see the updated festival ground map though.

25 minutes ago, r55N said:

Is this 95% of the line up...?
If so, this would mean that the second main stage will replace the "Festival republic" stage? Pit/Lock up will operate on Friday and Saturday and rebrand to "Festival republic" for the last day? yes/no?
Also, what's happening to the big tent (BBC 1, old NME) stage? Does this new second main stage replaces this one too?

Sorry If this was discussed before, but I'm kinda lost with this stage setup. I've been twice on the festival ('14 & '17) so things could have changed since. I'm curious to see the updated festival ground map though.

I don't think it's been confirmed but it's assumed:
* No R1/NME tent this year
* Pit/Lock Up/FR all the same tent - just rebranded each day

On that basis, there's not much left to announce. A few gaps here & there, BBC introducing maybe but that's probably it.

13 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I sort of blanked out while doing it, disappointed MCR weren’t on the list tbh

It’s for 2022, they have their stadium dates rearranged for that summer.

The likes of GNR, Biffy and Green Day likely fall into the same bucket as they’re already confirmed elsewhere for next summer

So for the survey here are the ones I submitted:

Headliners: Rage Against The Machine, Haim, Childish Gambino, Mumford and Sons, Tyler, the Creator & Tame Impala

Non-Headliners: Anderson Paak, Years & Years, Doja Cat, Tom Misch, 100 Gecs & Jacob Collier

Headliners (from the list): Rage Against The Machine, Childish Gambino, Tyler, the Creator, Tame Impala, Gorillaz & Frank Ocean

Non-Headliners (from the list):  Easy Life, Rex Orange County, Bastille, Blossoms, Doja Cat and Jorja Smith

I did find it interesting that Royal Blood were listed in both categories.

3 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

So for the survey here are the ones I submitted:

Headliners: Rage Against The Machine, Haim, Childish Gambino, Mumford and Sons, Tyler, the Creator & Tame Impala

Non-Headliners: Anderson Paak, Years & Years, Doja Cat, Tom Misch, 100 Gecs & Jacob Collier

Headliners (from the list): Rage Against The Machine, Childish Gambino, Tyler, the Creator, Tame Impala, Gorillaz & Frank Ocean

Non-Headliners (from the list):  Easy Life, Rex Orange County, Bastille, Blossoms, Doja Cat and Jorja Smith

I did find it interesting that Royal Blood were listed in both categories.

This is probably me having zero knowledge of chart music these days but are the likes of Megan Thee Stallion, Halsey, J.Cole etc big enough to headline outright over here? Something US-based like Coachella I can see.

For the record I went from the list: BMTH, Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, Royal Blood and Blur (wtf btw)

Non-headliners: Architects, Royal Blood, Idles, DMA's, Courteeners, Frank Carter