13 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

Think You me at Six have basically confirmed themselves ūüėĀ

Yay. They’ll have another album of terrible material to play. 

I’ve got to say, for a band as devoid of anything even remotely interesting as YMAS, that new album is truly wretched. It’s like they’ve exclusively listened to Imagine Dragons from 6/7 years ago and Mania by Fall Out Boy (yes, it really is as bad as that sounds). 

Edited by Andre91
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a mammoth post, apologies. Spent the past half hour or so looking at previous announcements to see what days/months are most common, and just generally what patterns there are. Also looked

The guy battered his wife, denied it until video evidence surfaced, and then when given an opportunity to make a statement made it all about him and how he was in a good place rather than admitting gu

The year is 2038. We've been back at Reading for several years now. The Wombats have just finished their set, 3rd from the top of main stage on their 20th consecutive year at Reading Festival. Next up

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yay. They’ll have another album of terrible material to play. 

I’ve got to say, for a band as devoid of anything even remotely interesting as YMAS, that new album is truly wretched. It’s like they’ve exclusively listened to Imagine Dragons from 6/7 years ago and Mania by Fall Out Boy (yes, it really is as bad as that sounds). 

Haha it take it your not a You me At Six Fan then mate? The new album is huge though, pretty sure it's gonna top the album charts but of coarse that doesn't mean it's good. I do like Suckapunch off it. I love their old stuff anything from Sinners backwards so I'm happy it looks like they are gonna be playing to be honest.  Do you like any of their back catelogue? 

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Slam Dunk are all over that tweet, might not be Reading related.

Just seen that your right! It looks like it's Slam Dunk most likely, Andre you will be relieved lol 

31 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

Just seen that your right! It looks like it's Slam Dunk most likely, Andre you will be relieved lol 

He won't be. He's all over Slam Dunk each year.

Still baffling they are appearing at the same gig as Feeder and Catfish for £40 in Swansea. That gig is going to get moved to especially given Wales restrictions. That much is obvious enough.

There’s no room for them on the SD lineup unless they either do a secret set or they do a separate gig on site like ADTR were scheduled to do. 

I still enjoy early YMAS because I was there for it. Everything after SNS has just gotten gradually worse and worse, for me. They’ve always been vanilla (even the stuff I like, objectively) but even by their standards the new album is just so dull. 

If they were to do R&L, I think they’d slot in nicely below Yungblud. 

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

There’s no room for them on the SD lineup unless they either do a secret set or they do a separate gig on site like ADTR were scheduled to do. 

I still enjoy early YMAS because I was there for it. Everything after SNS has just gotten gradually worse and worse, for me. They’ve always been vanilla (even the stuff I like, objectively) but even by their standards the new album is just so dull. 

If they were to do R&L, I think they’d slot in nicely below Yungblud. 

I had a feeling they would be the secret set last year at Slam Dunk so I think you maybe right, surely it's a bit too early to tease them as a secret set? Unless Sum 41 have pulled out and there being drafted in as headliner. 

YMAS were scheduled to play a SUCKAPUNCH album release show at The Brundenell in Leeds on July 11th and Slam Dunk have just tweeted that the show has been upgraded to Stylus. It's a release show for their new album but they're also playing Hold Me Down in full. I guess SD are promoting it. 

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

YMAS were scheduled to play a SUCKAPUNCH album release show at The Brundenell in Leeds on July 11th and Slam Dunk have just tweeted that the show has been upgraded to Stylus. It's a release show for their new album but they're also playing Hold Me Down in full. I guess SD are promoting it. 

Reading and Leeds insta have just put out a story advertising their new album

12 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Reading and Leeds insta have just put out a story advertising their new album

I've just seen the same on Twitter. 

QOTSA / Yungblud / You Me At Six

Be interesting if Leeds ends up being a British only artists if travel is banned but it can go ahead: 

back to one main stage perhaps and then:

Disclosure/Catfish, Two Door, The Wombats

Liam G, Gerry C, Yungblud, Charli XCX, Neck Deep

Stormzy, Lewis C, AJ Tracey, Mabel

It would be doable

43 minutes ago, VCK said:

Remembering that period when everyone on Twitter was obsessed with You Me At Six circa 2012.

They headlined Wembley around that time. Weren’t they originally going to sub Blink in 2014 before Macklemore came along? Mad to think how massive they were for a short time. 

YMAS into Blink in 2014 would have been huge. I don't think Cavalier Youth was as good as their previous output but it went to Nunber One so its hard to deny they'd have deserved the sub spot. I'm sure they were top of the mid-week chart again at the moment so who knows they may blag another one and get a bump in placings for a year or two.

10 hours ago, NoBuses said:

Imagine how good a Kanye on top form saturday night headline set would be 

Echoing what Dim Sum said. Never gonna happen.

If by some miracle he was booked, he would turn up at least 45 minutes late, perform 30 seconds of the opening track, rant for 20 minutes then leave again.

On 1/19/2021 at 8:08 PM, Dukey said:

Be interesting if Leeds ends up being a British only artists if travel is banned but it can go ahead: 

back to one main stage perhaps and then:

Disclosure/Catfish, Two Door, The Wombats

Liam G, Gerry C, Yungblud, Charli XCX, Neck Deep

Stormzy, Lewis C, AJ Tracey, Mabel

It would be doable

And I think that would still be a solid line up ngl

8 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

I dunno, I doubt they make a decision yet. Things could be looking extremely different in August

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s gonna be different enough that they can put on a five day festival with that many people crammed together in attendance. I doubt they’ll pull the plug just yet, but it won’t be long.