Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Creasin said:

Anyone else would love to see the streets? Got a few festivals booked for next summer would be a great R1 headliner or possibly a sub?

I don’t think I could handle Mike shouting ‘You’ve been rocking for days’ at me over and over again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy battered his wife, denied it until video evidence surfaced, and then when given an opportunity to make a statement made it all about him and how he was in a good place rather than admitting gu

The year is 2038. We've been back at Reading for several years now. The Wombats have just finished their set, 3rd from the top of main stage on their 20th consecutive year at Reading Festival. Next up

cry more you nonce

Posted Images

8 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Talk about a band whose stock has dropped. From headlining alongside Mumfords and Metallica to subbing potentially Catfish in a year with six headliners.

I'm not sure they ever really deserved the headline spot tbh as the reunion hype was gone. One of the smallest headliner crowds I've ever seen at R&L. Also, when they reunited they subbed Arcade Fire.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2020 at 8:13 AM, foolee said:

I'm not sure they ever really deserved the headline spot tbh as the reunion hype was gone. One of the smallest headliner crowds I've ever seen at R&L. Also, when they reunited they subbed Arcade Fire.   

They played academies on their last tour and I don't think all of the shows sold out. They were never that big when they were at their peak with Up The Bracket anyway, just the media circus surrounding their breakup and then Pete Doherty's antics piqued a lot of people's interest in them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VCK said:

They played academies on their last tour and I don't think all of the shows sold out. They were never that big when they were at their peak with Up The Bracket anyway, just the media circus surrounding their breakup and then Pete Doherty's antics piqued a lot of people's interest in them.

Closed the whole festival the Reading as well, rather have Mumford and Sons

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2020 at 8:13 AM, foolee said:

I'm not sure they ever really deserved the headline spot tbh as the reunion hype was gone. One of the smallest headliner crowds I've ever seen at R&L. Also, when they reunited they subbed Arcade Fire.   

It was a second reunion though. They went away for another four years though after 2010 and came back to nearly sell out Hyde Park. Maybe spreading themselves across BST, TITP and a Glasto guest slot was a bit much but at the time it seemed justified.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Benj said:

Cool cats were at Frank Turner

I can’t believe that I stood and watched The Libs when I could have been in the tent watching Refused. I walked past it just before The Libs set finished and New Noise looked and sounded like the most fun ever. Stupid 22 year old me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I can’t believe that I stood and watched The Libs when I could have been in the tent watching Refused. I walked past it just before The Libs set finished and New Noise looked and sounded like the most fun ever. Stupid 22 year old me. 

I was not so stupid and yes, it was the most fun ever.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 6:03 PM, VCK said:

They played academies on their last tour and I don't think all of the shows sold out. They were never that big when they were at their peak with Up The Bracket anyway, just the media circus surrounding their breakup and then Pete Doherty's antics piqued a lot of people's interest in them.

Not trying to make them sound bigger than they are although I think the lack of sell outs wasn't helped by the pricing. Always been a fairly big fan and wanted to see them but standing was around £70 each if I can remember. That was an instant nope for me. Definitely a band far past their peak popularity regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who’s confident the festival will be going ahead as pretty much normal now it looks like we’ll all be able to be vaccinated by the summer  

 

 

Edited by Benj
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Benj said:

Who’s confident the festival will be going ahead as pretty much normal now it looks like we’ll all be able to be vaccinated by the summer  

 

 

I very much hope you're right, but the logistics of vaccinating an entire country cannot be underestimated, and the whole world wants these vaccinations so stocks will harder to get hold of than the PS5. 

Some businesses were reportedly being briefed that a return to normalcy could be 2-3 years away (granted that was prior to the latest vaccine news, so fingers crossed that was a worst-case scenario that is no longer applicable).

To go from not being allowed to mix with anyone outside your household in November 2020, to 100K people in a field together at a music festival in August 2021 without restrictions would take a borderline miracle turnaround.

I'm very much hoping that by next summer the misery of this year is becoming a distant memory, but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up yet - we're still a long way from being out of the woods of this pandemic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having been chucked into self isolation, I have decided to compile my AOTY list, either top 42 albums (specific I know) or 100, undecided as of yet. I am however branching out massively. I went back a few pages to the latest round of lists and Ive taken down all the names people have said as well as using a website which has ranked all of this years releases. I will most definitely be here for some time, but a couple of questions.

Is there any exceptional albums that people don't think have been mentioned?

and

KIWANUKA was released this time last year, is it cheeky to give it the number 1 spot? (because it is fucking epic)

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Having been chucked into self isolation, I have decided to compile my AOTY list, either top 42 albums (specific I know) or 100, undecided as of yet. I am however branching out massively. I went back a few pages to the latest round of lists and Ive taken down all the names people have said as well as using a website which has ranked all of this years releases. I will most definitely be here for some time, but a couple of questions.

Is there any exceptional albums that people don't think have been mentioned?

and

KIWANUKA was released this time last year, is it cheeky to give it the number 1 spot? (because it is fucking epic)

Stay Voicless- Lies To Tell Your Children FFO: Nirvana, Slaves, Manic Street Preachers 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Having been chucked into self isolation, I have decided to compile my AOTY list, either top 42 albums (specific I know) or 100, undecided as of yet. I am however branching out massively. I went back a few pages to the latest round of lists and Ive taken down all the names people have said as well as using a website which has ranked all of this years releases. I will most definitely be here for some time, but a couple of questions.

Is there any exceptional albums that people don't think have been mentioned?

and

KIWANUKA was released this time last year, is it cheeky to give it the number 1 spot? (because it is fucking epic)

Brain Candy - Hockey Dad

Limbo - Amine

Sideways to New Italy - Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

It Is What It Is - Thundercat

Suddenly - Caribou

Modus Vivendi - 070 Shake

14 Steps To A Better You - Lime Cordiale

those are a few off the top of my head that either just missed out on my top ten or i completely forgot to include them because i rushed it (brain candy would of been in my top five if i didn't forget that it came out this year)

Edited by OnlyRevolutions
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

You say insane, I say incredibly fucking bored. I think there is enough though because I'd like to think I have quite eclectic taste

I’ll stick with insane :P Have you really listened to 100 albums enough to rank them though? That’s a hell of a lot of albums and placing an album after 1,2,3,4 listens, isn’t enough to place it, in my experience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...