23 minutes ago, jonnyx said:

Were you actually there?

My recollection was that there was an issue with the lighting rig and he got pissed. 

They then proceeded to play anything but 'hits'. So that's why nobody really got into it. Which is actually pretty funny. 

The performance before then with the lights was absolutely amazing!. 

If I remember right the problem was because of Biffy Clyro’s fucking massive stage set up Nine Inch Nails couldn’t use whatever they brought.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy battered his wife, denied it until video evidence surfaced, and then when given an opportunity to make a statement made it all about him and how he was in a good place rather than admitting gu

The year is 2038. We've been back at Reading for several years now. The Wombats have just finished their set, 3rd from the top of main stage on their 20th consecutive year at Reading Festival. Next up

cry more you nonce

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jonnyx said:

Were you actually there?

My recollection was that there was an issue with the lighting rig and he got pissed. 

They then proceeded to play anything but 'hits'. So that's why nobody really got into it. Which is actually pretty funny. 

No. Just heard the crowd was pretty dead with peeps waiting for Biffy.

Suppose the tables were turned and QOTSA were headlining DL and it was LG/Biffy at Reading 2021.

How do we think this would be perceived? Weaker/stronger?

I think QOTSA are a massive booking but seen a lot of people saying they're just a glorified sub, younger crowd never heard of them etc.

22 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Suppose the tables were turned and QOTSA were headlining DL and it was LG/Biffy at Reading 2021.

I think QOTSA are a massive booking but seen a lot of people saying they're just a glorified sub, younger crowd never heard of them etc.

I’m very biased since Biffy are my favourite band, but I think people my age, A Level kind of range, would receive Biffy Clyro a bit more positively. At least Many or Horror would be a big draw, I feel like QOTSA don’t really have anything that was massive in my time. No One Knows has always been decently present, but they haven’t seemed to touch the charts recently.

53 minutes ago, Quorn said:

I’m very biased since Biffy are my favourite band, but I think people my age, A Level kind of range, would receive Biffy Clyro a bit more positively. At least Many or Horror would be a big draw, I feel like QOTSA don’t really have anything that was massive in my time. No One Knows has always been decently present, but they haven’t seemed to touch the charts recently.

I'd disagree with that assessment. In the last decade Queens were adopted by the Radio X / Arctic Monkeys crowd(s), had no. 2 and no. 1 albums, stepped up to arenas... They're not coasting off a 2002 hit anymore.

I think they've got it the right way around tbh. Biffy are a safe yet unremarkable headliner booked for a festival that goes for safe yet unremarkable headliners every damn time. Download isn't Queens' home crowd, would be a bit of a shot in the dark but here they serve a purpose just as some American hard rock flavour in among the six headliners. They'll go down fine again with the R+L crowd.

Edited by dentalplan
49 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Yeah I’d agree, also from glances at the Download thread they’d like that as well. I think Queens are the band in the middle, too early/not enough hits for the current generation but also too late and not many parents grew up with them either hence not playing them around the kids

Biffy are much more popular 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The festival already has Post Malone and DaBaby and AJ Tracey and is Reading and Leeds festival so it doesn't really need to do a whole lot more to appeal to a young audience. Stop overthinking it.

Oh no I’m not I’m happy with Queens will see them and think they’ll be excellent, I think it’s a good thing they still book artists like Foos and QOTSA, as it provides a nice contrast between the fanbases

12 hours ago, jonnyx said:

Were you actually there?

I was and the crowd was small. Everyone piled out to head back to camp before returning for a Biffy. 

They were good, the crowd was not

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

QOTSA are in no way the same league as Biffy in the U.K.  I’m amazed they’re classed as headliners

22 hours ago, sacred shape said:

It's looking very fresh. On a similar note, does anyone know why some festivals have their own page, while others are in 'Other UK Festivals' or 'International festivals', and how it's decided. Most of the festivals which have their own page are pretty inactive (half of them not used in the last month, Belladrum not even this year!). 

Belladrum - as an example (others too) - got in touch and asked that a forum was created here, and the traffic at the time justified it.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Belladrum - as an example (others too) - got in touch and asked that a forum was created here, and the traffic at the time justified it.

could it not be updated with festivals like APE and others appearing on the front page? Just a thought

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Cheers, that makes sense. And well done with the new theme!

12 hours ago, Benj said:

QOTSA are in no way the same league as Biffy in the U.K.  I’m amazed they’re classed as headliners

Whereas it's the other way round literally everywhere else in the world. I've never, ever heard a Biffy Clyro song on the radio. 

Queens did shift 32k copies of Villains in first week, which is good going for a rock band in the UK. The new Biffy album did 26k in the same time period (N.B. previous ones did better than 32k).

Biffy are bigger because they used to be huge, whereas Queens are about the biggest they've ever been, but the two are in the same league for sure.

edit: oh yeah and they sold out Finsbury Park

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

So who else do we see getting announced on the lineup?

I reckon Wolf Alice could be a shout. But I think that Gerry Cinnamon will definitely be there

On 9/12/2020 at 11:13 PM, Gerard the Fab said:

Yeah I’d agree, also from glances at the Download thread they’d like that as well. I think Queens are the band in the middle, too early/not enough hits for the current generation but also too late and not many parents grew up with them either hence not playing them around the kids

Biffy are much more popular 

Yes it should have been the other way round. 

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Queens did shift 32k copies of Villains in first week, which is good going for a rock band in the UK. The new Biffy album did 26k in the same time period (N.B. previous ones did better than 32k).

Biffy are bigger because they used to be huge, whereas Queens are about the biggest they've ever been, but the two are in the same league for sure.

edit: oh yeah and they sold out Finsbury Park

The new Biffy album is shit. 32 place drops in the album chart within 3 weeks.

Queens are niche and appeal to their fans with no inbetween. You either like them or you don't. Any non fan probably struggles to name more than two songs. I'd be surprised if people knew Little Sister much.

19 hours ago, SDSM said:

could it not be updated with festivals like APE and others appearing on the front page? Just a thought

Possibly, although there's much less to talk about for big gigs than festivals. And I don't want to have too many sections.

For the moment it'll stay as it is, but I'll keep it in mind.

19 hours ago, SDSM said:

PS: your new account is on moderation, troller-scumbag.

Edited by eFestivals
48 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Nothing But Thieves have just announced a big European tour, including a date at The O2. I'd be surprised if they don't appear here somewhere! Sub for Catfish or Queens perhaps?

I’d fucking love it, very tempted to get tickets to the O2 gig