2021 Lineup

Personally I think the lineup is sick! Buzzing for Catfish and Liam. Catfish are amazing live and deserve it and we all know that Liam is one of the all time music legends! All the other headliners are worth a watch too, I know Post Malone headlined last year but didn't see him but everyone who did tells me he was good so I'll check him out.

Give us Libertines, Courteeners, DMAs, Gerry, Blossoms and that's a top weekend for me

If the lineups not to your taste then fair enough, there's other festivals with lineups to your taste you can go where you can fill your boots. I'm looking forward to having a few beers with my mates and singing along to some Oasis classics👌

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VCK said:

Nor anyone else yet people are still complaining that they didn’t book Dua and Billie.

But we’re talking headliners, two mentioned artists are big enough to headline. Amyl & the Sniffers is what the druggies in the local park call themselves 

11 minutes ago, SteventheG said:

Beabadoobee is a phobe bridgers wannabe what are even talking about

I’ve never really listened to Phoebe Bridgers but is Beabadoobee just slightly more upbeat and plays a bass instead. I like bea so if they’re the same sort of then maybe I’ll listen

9 minutes ago, Greavesey said:

Personally I think the lineup is sick! Buzzing for Catfish and Liam. Catfish are amazing live and deserve it and we all know that Liam is one of the all time music legends! All the other headliners are worth a watch too, I know Post Malone headlined last year but didn't see him but everyone who did tells me he was good so I'll check him out.

Give us Libertines, Courteeners, DMAs, Gerry, Blossoms and that's a top weekend for me

If the lineups not to your taste then fair enough, there's other festivals with lineups to your taste you can go where you can fill your boots. I'm looking forward to having a few beers with my mates and singing along to some Oasis classics👌

this reeks of Dark Fruits I can smell it through my screen

10 minutes ago, Greavesey said:

Horribly stereotyping but this is exactly the kind of post you’d want from someone with a Burnley logo as their picture!

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’ve never really listened to Phoebe Bridgers but is Beabadoobee just slightly more upbeat and plays a bass instead. I like bea so if they’re the same sort of then maybe I’ll listen

Bridgers is in a different league. 

perhaps a little too mature for the Reading crowd though, as covered above

Edited by Benj

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

So did IDLES tho

I really hope it's them over Gerry C

3 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

She's kinda like beabadoobee's older stuff from what I've heard. Like the more acousticy songs

34 minutes ago, VCK said:

Because musically they have more about them than Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish.

Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean they aren’t good and doesn’t mean they aren’t good bookings.

I don’t particularly like billies music, and duas i find ok, but I certainly think they would have filled the headliner spots better than disclosure and catfish.

7 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I don't even like dark fruits and anyway that whole thing is just a stereotype by Tory music snobs

Edited by Greavesey

1 minute ago, Greavesey said:

What do you mean?

I upvoted due to laughing at the comment mainly cause I am from Bolton and Lancashire Leeds fest fans always adore 'dark fruits bands'. It derives from music snobbery, I dont like those sorts of bands personally. I love Libertines but my favourite act on the lineup is Queens and there isn't much else for me. I am waiting for IDLES and Fontaines. Music is music and judging based on what people listen to shouldn't be a thing, love what you love and we shouldn't be commenting on what people like.

You posted an honest comment stating you loved it, brilliant, no one should be commenting negatively on that but saying have a great time. 

I don't think it'll be IDLES as I'm pretty sure Bearded Theory replied to someones post on Facebook about how they'd be great to have but they were an exclusive somewhere. They're UK tour ends right before Glastonbury so they'll probably play that instead.

4 minutes ago, Greavesey said:

I don't even like dark fruits and anyway that whole thing is just a stereotype by Tory music snobs

It is official, I, a 17 year old who cannot vote, am a Tory music snob

5 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

I really hope it's them over Gerry C

I think we all do, Gerry would be good but it’d just add another similar act to the lineup and IDLES are class

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If we have four subs on that poster, they’re Lewis Capaldi, AJ Tracey, Two Door and DaBaby. 

Doja Cat third down then?

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I upvoted due to laughing at the comment mainly cause I am from Bolton and Lancashire Leeds fest fans always adore 'dark fruits bands'. It derives from music snobbery, I dont like those sorts of bands personally. I love Libertines but my favourite act on the lineup is Queens and there isn't much else for me. I am waiting for IDLES and Fontaines. Music is music and judging based on what people listen to shouldn't be a thing, love what you love and we shouldn't be commenting on what people like.

You posted an honest comment stating you loved it, brilliant, no one should be commenting negatively on that but saying have a great time. 

Fair enough but there seems to be a real music snobbery towards that kind of music these days. It's just what I like and they're amazing live too. I'm not gonna judge anyone on liking bands or artists I don't like and tbh I have seen some shite suggested in here but if they like it then fair dos. Our lass is into stuff like Lizzo and Dua Lipa and that kind of stuff so I think some people in here would be better off going somewhere like Wireless or Party In The Park or even Glastonbury if they want to see people like that because I know they usually get more pop stuff there.

Edited by Greavesey

6 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

It is official, I, a 17 year old who cannot vote, am a Tory music snob

I think we all do, Gerry would be good but it’d just add another similar act to the lineup and IDLES are class

Doja Cat third down then?

People who call others dark fruits tend to hate working class people and things that working class people like. Proper Tory behaviour.

1 minute ago, Greavesey said:

Fair enough but there seems to be a real music snobbery towards that kind of music these days. It's just what I like and they're amazing live too. I'm not gonna judge anyone on liking bands or artists I don't like and tbh I have seen some shite suggested in here but if they like it then fair dos.

I loved Catfish. I have seen them four times from Manchester Apollo 2014 to Manchester Arena 2019 (cause of my ex). They were great but the third album is the same and I dont like the attitude of the band and my music tastes have developed. I have been harsh over them but I did love them - will I see them at Leeds - 100% if nothing else I like is on for the first two albums. Gerry and Liam are easy listening with classics, I wouldn't choose to see it and pay but at Leeds fair enough.