2021 Lineup

11 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Daniel P. Carter was still bigging up the lineup and he books the Pit so I would be a bit surprised to see it go from that sense 

I mean the pit might be scrapped but he might have a cool new outdoor stage he gets to host or something.

Just now, VCK said:

Re: BMTH. Do they have any plans for next year? Could be that they’re taking a year or two out so might not be touring anyway.

Or this one. The festival doesn’t want them, or they consider themselves bigger than what R&L offer them.

Edited by Matt42

Quite sad looking at the reaction to this set of headliners compared to when Rage was announced. Actually quite staggering to be honest.

1 hour ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Not listened to much QOTSA or Disclosure before so if anyone has any suggestions on some tracks / albums to start with it would be appreciated! 

For Queens, definitely give Songs for the Deaf a listen, some great songs on that album. Stand out singles from other albums for me would have to be 'Feel Good Hit Of The Summer', 'Little Sister', 'I Sat By The Ocean', and 'The Way You Used To Do'. Hopefully you enjoy!

Edited by Pottsy2913

57 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I'm still baffled by the fact that literally no-one is complaining about Liam being headliner and even playing after QOTSA. What playing some covers of your former band can do. 

I imagine they mostly go off "how big a crowd has act x" historically drawn, and then you look at how packed the Other Stage field was a Glasto in 2017, and the big crowd on the Pyramid for him last year and there's no real argument for not having him headline except irrelevant or anecdotal arguments—Liam would draw (and has drawn at other festivals) a headliner sized crowd, therefore he's big enough to be booked as a headliner, it's not much more complicated than that.

3 minutes ago, leonaves said:

I imagine they mostly go off "how big a crowd has act x" historically drawn, and then you look at how packed the Other Stage field was a Glasto in 2017, and the big crowd on the Pyramid for him last year and there's no real argument for not having him headline except irrelevant or anecdotal arguments—Liam would draw (and has drawn at other festivals) a headliner sized crowd, therefore he's big enough to be booked as a headliner, it's not much more complicated than that.

Well said

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

In the UK.*

Well R&L is taking place in the U.K. so I guess that’s good news for FR.

Also to any younguns unaware of QOTSA and interested in checking them out. They really are a R&L classic and probably one of the best few ‘proper’ rock bands going. Every time I’ve seen them they’ve been smashing. Their 2014 was up there with one of my favourite sets I’ve seen at the festival. A band that really symbolise me being young and loving guitars! I think of them in similar ways to Rage. Always welcome on any lineup.

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, Dukey said:

The thing that blags my head is why Melvin lied about only one headliner rebooked from this year 

I reckon now, he may have been rebooting post malone from last festival as headliner, with the other 5 as the 1st time headliners.  Even though 2 of them have co-headlined before. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler_Durden said:

I reckon now, he may have been rebooting post malone from last festival as headliner, with the other 5 as the 1st time headliners.  Even though 2 of them have co-headlined before. 

He’s just a senile old man that is past it. He probably can’t remember who headlined in 2019 so that’s why he thinks it’s an exclusive.

This is nothing new. In 2011 he said that R&L had booked three worldwide exclusive headliners. Of course, this was all rubbish as MCR played a huge tour in the U.K. a few months before, the strokes were also about a lot during the summer, pulp were headlining countless other festivals, and it was Muse’s only EU date on the back of three years of heavy touring.

Melvin talks out of his arse and gets aggressive when he’s called up on it. He knows what to say to get R&L in the papers. 

Edited by Matt42