3 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

93169875_3447667048582490_15433639591453

Can't see Biffy Clyro headlining again. They've had their time at the top, there's plenty of other acts that would get the call up before them now I'm sure. That Friday main stage is full of bands which would never happen at R&L now too. Needs some pop and hip hop on there.

Lizzo wouldn't play 3rd down, she'd be at least a sub I think.

Can't see FKA Twigs playing R&L, wrong crowd for her. Aitch wouldn't be that low, and the Sunday R1 wouldn't be that heavy.

Also a few of the smaller stage headliners are pretty questionable.

Sorry to shit all over it, it's a cool lineup but can't see R&L ever looking like that in the near future 😅

• Downvote 1

I'd bite anyone's hand off for a headline set from The Weeknd. Fully deserved and a great, inspired booking.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

This would be exceptional - that top 3 R1 stage on the Sunday especially. Would be tough though because Dave and The Weeknd as a co-head would be equally outstanding.  

5 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

Just saw on reddit

I reckon Khalid could be too big for that slot - also not convinced Tame would take that slot they would be way better closing (biffy to close leeds as its nearer scotland? i just want the tame closing set really). Biffy are a fairly weak solo headliner so i reckon tame should at the least be very special guests but i don't see why they shouldn't co myself especially since APE has been cancelled too so will have been ages since their last uk shows. love the undercard.

edit 1 - maybe an extra indie name on sunday though to replace one of the top R1 acts, there is only glass animals as far as big acts go and they aren't really dark fruits at all

edit 2 - also reckon it could finally be AM again if they don't decide to go to cheap (would fests have an easy time selling out post-corona???)

Edited by gfa

17 minutes ago, gfa said:

biffy to close leeds as its nearer scotland?

hahaha

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

would fests have an easy time selling out post-corona???

they might not even be on next summer because of corona

18 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

hahaha

they might not even be on next summer because of corona

if they were to happen though is the question I guess

Just remembered, Arctic Monkeys are doing three nights in Sheffield in June so the rumour goes so I don’t they’ll be playing Reading and Leeds next year.

28 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Just remembered, Arctic Monkeys are doing three nights in Sheffield in June so the rumour goes so I don’t they’ll be playing Reading and Leeds next year.

pretty sure this rumour was debunked somewhere 

Another minor note is that High Tyde broke up in 2018 - 3 members are now in NOISY though who I can see on the FR stage next year.

Edited by WhoOdyssey

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

pretty sure this rumour was debunked somewhere 

Nah I think the same thing happened a few years ago but came to nothing but notices have gone up again stating that a license has been applied for three dates in June next year for an event, efestivals themselves reported on it.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/20/200316b.shtml

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/arctic-monkeys-homecoming-shows-sheffield-17933349.amp

On 4/13/2020 at 7:13 PM, gfa said:

Great album, excited to see them wherever they stop in 2021 really.

Not the UK then, since they never seem to come over here (no pun intended).

Edited by VCK

12 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

Personally I think this is way too strong but if this festival existed i’d enjoy it. Cracking headliners.

I have a couple of hot takes that I reckon would ruffle a couple of feathers on this board but I reckon Tyler the creator would probably coheadline or headline instead of sub and I can’t see the Weeknd coheadlining with Dave. Biffy and Dave coheadlining would probably be more likely.

I do feel as well that it doesn’t look very R&L because there aren’t some unbelievably shit acts taking high slots :P 

Edited by Matt42

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I have a couple of hot takes that I reckon would ruffle a couple of feathers on this board but I reckon Tyler the creator would probably coheadline or headline instead of sub and I can’t see the Weeknd coheadlining with Dave. Biffy and Dave coheadlining would probably be more likely.

These aren’t really hot takes.

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

These aren’t really hot takes.

The shout for Tyler the Creator headlining R+L is definitely weird.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I could see him being billed as a coheadliner for sure.

Seems even less qualified than the persistent Tame Impala shouts. He's only just hit Lovebox/Parklife headline level (same as Khalid) and I can't see there being a year where they can't get a bigger rap or R&B headliner - or if there are two then they could probably get two headliners bigger than him. Like maybe in a few years' time if he keeps climbing but forget it for now.

Tyler headlining (co or otherwise) is a wild shout and something I can’t see happening at all but. Subbing, though? Yeah, probably. Maybe even third down. 

Edited by Andre91

27 minutes ago, Jericode said:

They could definitely co-headline, just not at Reading.

Could they headline Leeds and sub at reading.

32 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Architects above Enter Shikari? Really? 

Yeah i would say so nowadays to be honest. Shikari headlined the third stage at Download last year, Architects wouldnt play there. 

Edited by mallett