Just now, Matt42 said:

His arse

That's what I thought originally, but it matched up with that other guy's post which confuses me (and it's not exactly 3 headliners you'd randomly choose)

But alas

Edited by WhoOdyssey
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy battered his wife, denied it until video evidence surfaced, and then when given an opportunity to make a statement made it all about him and how he was in a good place rather than admitting gu

The year is 2038. We've been back at Reading for several years now. The Wombats have just finished their set, 3rd from the top of main stage on their 20th consecutive year at Reading Festival. Next up

cry more you nonce

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They are going to virtually book bar Liam, the other 5 as headers of a sub size. As said before, they don't suddenly have money for 6 headers and the likes of BMTH and Dua Lipa aren't headliners yet.

Dua Lipa is huge, and almost definitely a headliner, if not, a VERY strong sub... 

1 minute ago, LG X said:

Billie Eilish, Liam Gallagher, Travis Scott & Skepta all have to be relatively nailed on surely ?

Travis is so expensive. doubt it with 6 headlinrs

3 minutes ago, LG X said:

Billie Eilish, Liam Gallagher, Travis Scott & Skepta all have to be relatively nailed on surely ?

Dude if they have Billie, Liam, Travis in the bag why bother with three other headliners?

Billie and Travis are two huge ticket sellers

Edited by Matt42
7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This is the point I’ve tried to make all week.

This is R&L. It was never going to be 6 blockbusters. If three of today’s headliners could headline outright why waste money on the other 3.

Its going to be 6 bottom of the barrel options. I think you should all get a drink in before it goes down.

Everyone tell me what is their drink of choice to stomach this.

I'd take Liam Gallagher and Dua Lipa as two headliners, providing they arent clashing. I usually like the undercard anyway- went to last year on the strength of Foos and a solid undercard for me (I'm talking going to FR stage territory, and not being interested in any of the R1 headliners) and ended up with 1975 and Peace on FR as my unexpected highlights, and had a brilliant chilled weekend.

So with more than one of the headliners to actually look forward to before the fest, and a few other bands like cribs, frank turner etc throughout, I'll be happy. But I am into quite basic music so it wont take much to make me happy! 

Edited by efcfanwirral
Just now, Quorn said:

Billie and LG looking likely, but why the other two in particular?

whatever you thinking of him, Travis is a headliner worthy. Pulled a huge crowd 2018, i saw him headline wireless last year and was unreal again. Sells arenas across the world, the lot. Seen talk of here about dave returning... personally doubt it as headline status until another album maybe? (just my opinion). Whereas skepta was due to headline wireless today and deservedly so if you follow UK music like, you know. 

1 minute ago, jjoshwhite said:

BMTH just posted some weird teaser video. Ik Dan said no BMTH but.....

Screenshot_20200831_170640_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Dan hasn’t lied to us in while so it’s due I reckon he’s having us on

3 minutes ago, stanh said:

Dua Lipa is huge, and almost definitely a headliner, if not, a VERY strong sub... 

Oh I know she is, very strong sub yes and it's borderline I admit but any other year you would predict another above her and stick her in as sub.

Just now, LG X said:

whatever you thinking of him, Travis is a headliner worthy. Pulled a huge crowd 2018, i saw him headline wireless last year and was unreal again. Sells arenas across the world, the lot. Seen talk of here about dave returning... personally doubt it as headline status until another album maybe? (just my opinion). Whereas skepta was due to headline wireless today and deservedly so if you follow UK music like, you know. 

Travis is also one of the biggest stars in the world and realistically one of the biggest artists R&L could book.

I bet you he isn’t playing

1 minute ago, LG X said:

Yeah I don't doubt that they're both headliner worthy, I just don't see what we've been given that nails them on haha

20 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

So 5 solo acts ? That’s a hell of a lot, Tame Impala technically is one guy, so I’m still holding out for them

It's not gonna be Tame, they're an AEG act so definitely wont be at this, and they have no reason not to just be back at APE again this year

1 minute ago, NoBuses said:

Look I like Courteeners as a fun singalong with mates but headlining the second biggest festival in the country...

as a courteeners fan myself, can’t really disagree tbh. Their new material is w*nk, Reading crowd in 2018 was poor compared to leeds. They’ve become a bit of a novelty act but i believe MB has said before one day they will headline. With this 6 headiners malarky they could just be catering  to different genres?