2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, Darberry said:

Also, these 2 ket heads came up to the front of the comedy stage during Milton Jones and heckled him. Milton absolutely destroyed them, and it was hilarious but the ket heads walked off proud of themselves even though everyone was booing them. Bizarre behaviour

They got removed by a staff member in the end. Milton had a great crowd. Not sure how busy the alt stage usually gets but it was packed for him.

19 hours ago, R Shah said:

Got to spend this festival in the press tent, absolutely surreal to interview bands like NBT and still get to go to lots of sets. 

Met the big man Melvin briefly, he just laughed it off when I asked who's headlining in 2022. Sam Fender was also just hanging about too which left me very starstruck haha.

Biffy for me were set of the weekend, with Slowthai, Holly Humberstone, Sam Fender and Posty (who really surprised me given 2018 and 2019) not far off.

However, the crowd for Biffy at the start was SHOCKING - front area barely half full. A combination of how late they were booked, their relevance to the 16-18 year old crowd and also the fact Gerry Cinnamon - and the whole of Scotland - was on at the same time.

I think rockier acts, unless they're stadium level (e.g. foos, muse, rhcp etc) will now always take the smaller MSW slot while the more mainstream ones take the later MSE headliner. Can see Royal Blood, Foals, Sam Fender, QOTSA etc all suiting that perfectly.

Sam is absolutely a future headliner, he is massive, would not be surprised at all if he's booked as early as 2022. He's only 1 album in and he's already surpassed Wombats, TDCC and probably even Catfish now.

I thought Catfish were actually quite tight at Leeds but watching back their Reading performance I can see what some of yous mean.

Acts were alternating though so Biffy and Gerry were on at separate times?

10 hours ago, thetime said:

1 small bar in the reading campsite, never seen the likes of it before. 🤨 It was quite a feeble effort.

20210826_134144.jpg

It's a shame. Last time I camped at Leeds I was in white and there was a decent bar just outside of it. It was just plain laughs at fun back then. Had a lot of great times back in the day at Leeds. People say it's always been liked this sometimes but back when I was 18 and started going, I wouldn't have continued for 7 years if I got to the point where it felt uncomfortable. But when you have a banging headache and some girl of her tits on whatever comes through, starts opening tents and trying to pull you out of them you know it's attracting the wrong crowd. Happened to 3 tents just round our camp and white was meant to be a quiet one.

7 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Negative so far, got a bad cough but that’s just your typical festival flu i reckon. Hoping to stay negative, got slowthai tomorrow, idles on friday and potentially love saves the day fest at the weekend

I’m exactly the same, hoping it’s just standard festival flu. I will be devastated if I test positive and miss slam dunk on Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I’m exactly the same, hoping it’s just standard festival flu. I will be devastated if I test positive and miss slam dunk on Sunday. 

aye same, i’m coughing my lungs up but that’s my only symptom. there’s a whole host of weird and wonderful viruses you can get from reading, covid’s only one of them ahaha

6 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Likewise for me. I’ve got a stinkin’ cold and have got a proper phlegmy chest but I’m putting that down to the close to 100 cigarettes I smoked over the weekend and sitting round a fire every night. 

I’ve done a LFT every day since Monday and they’re all negative. 

Nobody has got it from our group (most double vaxxed/had it last month or so from other events), lots of us have bad bugs though. Pretty much in the clear now I think but people who are ill keep doing LFTs and PCRs.

In regards to the negative camping experiences you lot had this year where abouts where you camped? I camped in Blue and spoke more to both my neighbours this year than I have in the previous 5 combined. Lovely set of people and I didn't see any trouble apart from the obvious fire in the distance. 

1 minute ago, Buko said:

In regards to the negative camping experiences you lot had this year where abouts where you camped? I camped in Blue and spoke more to both my neighbours this year than I have in the previous 5 combined. Lovely set of people and I didn't see any trouble apart from the obvious fire in the distance. 

Purple at Reading was awful. When I went from 07-14 I never saw any trouble but this year was a terrible experience. People saying they’d burn our tent down, throwing full bottles at tents, people burning plastic/chairs & jumping on our tent on the Sunday which meant it was broken and we had to leave it. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Purple at Reading was awful. When I went from 07-14 I never saw any trouble but this year was a terrible experience. People saying they’d burn our tent down, throwing full bottles at tents, people burning plastic/chairs & jumping on our tent on the Sunday which meant it was broken and we had to leave it. 

Maybe people have forgotten how to be nice to each other during lockdown.

18 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Negative so far, got a bad cough but that’s just your typical festival flu i reckon. Hoping to stay negative, got slowthai tomorrow, idles on friday and potentially love saves the day fest at the weekend

Yeah I’m the same. Since Tuesday had a ridiculous cough, temperature raging and the sniffles but I somehow keep testing negative 😅 but I get ill at this time of year always anyway so I’m kinda used to it.

17 hours ago, TownNation said:

Yeah I’m the same. Since Tuesday had a ridiculous cough, temperature raging and the sniffles but I somehow keep testing negative 😅 but I get ill at this time of year always anyway so I’m kinda used to it.

Having done (sober) weekends at Reading for the past 20 years - I cut down to the one day this year - this just sounds like the normal post-festival experience. Need to be careful and test etc for Covid but it does sound like three days of breathing in dust leaving its mark.

48 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Having done (sober) weekends at Reading for the past 20 years - I cut down to the one day this year - this just sounds like the normal post-festival experience. Need to be careful and test etc for Covid but it does sound like three days of breathing in dust leaving its mark.

I have enjoyed my last two separate days of going to Leeds, previous to this year. Much different feel to be there the weekend. Yes i can't shelter from the rain in a tent but also I've not travelled that far if i haven't had a generally full bill.

Just listening to the Dan Carter Radio 1 rock show and Waterparks have confirmed that they were due to play a secret set in the Pit.

This confirms that all they did when Creeper and Fever333 pulled out was just to officially announce Waterparks, not replace anyone and shut the tent early.

I know the withdrawals were late but for a major festival with all the contacts they have, coupled with the knowledge that last minute drop outs were a possibility (or even an inevitability), this is very poor indeed.

6 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Just listening to the Dan Carter Radio 1 rock show and Waterparks have confirmed that they were due to play a secret set in the Pit.

This confirms that all they did when Creeper and Fever333 pulled out was just to officially announce Waterparks, not replace anyone and shut the tent early.

I know the withdrawals were late but for a major festival with all the contacts they have, coupled with the knowledge that last minute drop outs were a possibility (or even an inevitability), this is very poor indeed.

Exactly my take on it. YMAS must have said no to taking both of Fever 333’s two spots, they would’ve been a great Sunday closer in the Pit, crowd would have been a decent size. You’d like to think there were enough bands ready to play if called upon, Melvin said himself he had managers saying their acts had rehearsed for that possibility