2021 Lineup

On 8/26/2021 at 9:38 AM, WFD said:

The tour announcement rush has kicked off this morning with Sigrid announcing dates for next year.

This was one of my hypothetical future "when gigs are back" must sees at a time when nothing seemed hopeful.  Gonna get tickets for my niece for Xmas (90% for me let's be honest 😁)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Whole place is riddled with Covid already. So many people coughing in the campsite, positive tests on the ground, whole thing is a mess

Nothing to do with the dust then? Festivals in dry weather is riddled with dust and coughing. 

5 hours ago, thetime said:

Nothing to do with the dust then? Festivals in dry weather is riddled with dust and coughing. 

dust paired with dehydration, absolutely everyone smoking, jumping about lots, maybe a little covid for some added spice

couple of people in my group did lateral flows today and they came back negative so yknow

anyway i’ve heard some pretty disturbing rumours about shit that happened here (reading), like someone getting crushed to death in stormzy or someone losing a finger because they got dragged into a mosh pit

also apparently some people died from spiked molly pills too

obviously none of this is confirmed but i could well believe it

this shit happens any time but i feel like covid shutting away britain’s teenage population led to people going waaaay too fucking far, like i was waiting for liam gallagher today and got stuck in KSI, where some girl next to me got her head split open by a flying can of stella

also what is it with rapper crowds just being complete pricks

2 hours ago, JamieB1830 said:

dust paired with dehydration, absolutely everyone smoking, jumping about lots, maybe a little covid for some added spice

couple of people in my group did lateral flows today and they came back negative so yknow

anyway i’ve heard some pretty disturbing rumours about shit that happened here (reading), like someone getting crushed to death in stormzy or someone losing a finger because they got dragged into a mosh pit

also apparently some people died from spiked molly pills too

obviously none of this is confirmed but i could well believe it

this shit happens any time but i feel like covid shutting away britain’s teenage population led to people going waaaay too fucking far, like i was waiting for liam gallagher today and got stuck in KSI, where some girl next to me got her head split open by a flying can of stella

also what is it with rapper crowds just being complete pricks

Second this. 

campsites we’re filled with c**ts this year. Launching anything and everything, and jumping into tents

we usually leave Monday morning, but we’ve headed off tonight because of how unsafe the atmosphere feels

39 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

For what it’s worth brother is en route home this morning, said there’s tons of positive lateral flows lying about the campsite…

Probably looking at 10% of attendees catching it? So 7,500 from Leeds and 8,500 from Reading? 

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/boardmasters-festival-new-delta-strain-cornwall-event-1172393/amp

Yh I’ve heard through my mates of 2 deaths. One from ecstasy who died in hospital and my friends said he saw a body bag being carried from the dance stage. At Aitch a girl lost a finger crushed against a barrier. It’s so tragic that people take it to that extent

in other news Gerry Cinnamon yesterday was one of the best things I’ve ever seen. Liam slightly underwhelming and Biffy were class as always. Wolf Alice we’re good the crowd felt tiny tho same with Blossoms

• Upvote 1

Went for the day yesterday. Wolf Alice were great but seemed to have a very short set, Biffy awesome and Liam good but the sound was all over the place, which I think affected the atmosphere. Lauran Hibberd, Holly Humberstone, Fur all good as well.

Saw a few lateral flow tests thrown on the floor but all negative. Thought they did the Covid requirements well (at the day entrance anyway). What was with the queues for food? Seemed crazy busy all day? Does going cashless hold things up?

What was the general view on the two main stages? I liked it.

11 hours ago, Bisque said:

Reading cough & black bogies has always been a thing.

Smoking, drinking spirits, bonfires etc.

Are there really positive tests laying around?

Yes, the Reading flu - every year. Dry cough and then black boogers for a week or two after. Part of the festival experience.

I saw lft tests on the floor but all negative.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Went for the day yesterday. Wolf Alice were great but seemed to have a very short set, Biffy awesome and Liam good but the sound was all over the place, which I think affected the atmosphere. Lauran Hibberd, Holly Humberstone, Fur all good as well.

Saw a few lateral flow tests thrown on the floor but all negative. Thought they did the Covid requirements well (at the day entrance anyway). What was with the queues for food? Seemed crazy busy all day? Does going cashless hold things up?

What was the general view on the two main stages? I liked it.

Poor signal at Leeds meant the food vendors spent most of the time with their hands in the air. Bandwidth definitely needs to be improved for future cashless fests, as it was sometimes nigh on impossible…

Cashless at leeds was a complete joke. Half the vendors scrapped it and just started taking cash. No signal at all.

I like the idea of the 2 outdoor stages(maybe because we Got the weather this year, it might change if it’s a cold wet festival) however I think I prefer the “mainstage & other stage” Glastonbury like rather than 2 main stages. 

2 years of no festivals brought out all the 16-19 year old bellends. Fires everywhere in leeds last night. Campsite plasters with drugged up teens Wednesday/Thursday. That seemed to die down a little come the weekend. 

I thought Liam was great but the crowd was mediocre. Obviously very tired and not into it. Gerry exceeded expectations (same for Sports Team day 1, and Disclosure day 2).

Crowds did seem a bit rowdy. Some was expected like Slowthai but some were odd like Jake Bugg. Also swear more people on shoulders during popular songs this year. Could barely see wonderwall and I’m not even short.

Agree that not every cough is covid give other circumstances. I’ve had a cough two or three weeks and did loads of negative tests but still felt paranoid that people would think I had covid when actually the dust just worsened a regular old cough.

30 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

Cashless at leeds was a complete joke. Half the vendors scrapped it and just started taking cash. No signal at all.

I like the idea of the 2 outdoor stages(maybe because we Got the weather this year, it might change if it’s a cold wet festival) however I think I prefer the “mainstage & other stage” Glastonbury like rather than 2 main stages. 

2 years of no festivals brought out all the 16-19 year old bellends. Fires everywhere in leeds last night. Campsite plasters with drugged up teens Wednesday/Thursday. That seemed to die down a little come the weekend. 

Food was crap this year; after only being able to get hold of burgers at 2/3 am for the first 3 nights I thought I’d eat much earlier and get something different only for the first 3 places I found to have run out of everything other than chips, and my mates pizza to taste like cardboard. Settled on a burrito that was very nice

19 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

I thought Liam was great but the crowd was mediocre. Obviously very tired and not into it. Gerry exceeded expectations (same for Sports Team day 1, and Disclosure day 2).

Crowds did seem a bit rowdy. Some was expected like Slowthai but some were odd like Jake Bugg. Also swear more people on shoulders during popular songs this year. Could barely see wonderwall and I’m not even short.

Agree that not every cough is covid give other circumstances. I’ve had a cough two or three weeks and did loads of negative tests but still felt paranoid that people would think I had covid when actually the dust just worsened a regular old cough.

There are a few non covid bugs going round. My sister has got some sort of chest infection and has done the lateral and PCR tests to prove not covid.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

There are a few non covid bugs going round. My sister has got some sort of chest infection and has done the lateral and PCR tests to prove not covid.

Yh I’ve had to use an inhaler all weekend for a bad chest I’ve had since going clubbing two weeks ago. It’s not Covid coz I have no symptoms, have some sort of natural immunity and an inhaler can’t touch it. But naturally you expect the worst when you get even the smallest showing of a symptom