2021 Lineup

8 minutes ago, VCK said:

I'm at that age now where I have no idea who half these artists are.

The Kid Laroi? Never heard of him, don't recognise a single one of his songs, and he's 3rd down.

He’s blown up as a result of one of his songs getting big on TikTok I believe.

It’s quite interesting to see how much impact TikTok has on the music industry.

3 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

My mate just says Rou from Shikari was in the Pit at Reading when Loathe were on.

If this is bollocks then don’t blame me as I didn’t see himbut that’s what he reckons .

He's there every year isn't he? Cause I met him in 2018 as well. He's just enjoying the festival, doesn't mean Shikari are playing.

wombats absolutely fucking killed it today, as did beabadoobee (who i wasn’t aware were so good)

disclosure was also sick but club music isn’t really my scene, could still appreciate it though

all in all i’m quite enjoying this so far, my one annoyance is the positive lateral flow tests i’ve seen dotted about the place, just dumped on the floor

c**ts

was always inevitable though, like i don’t want covid again but i’m probably coming home with it 😕

Yonaka were phenomenal today they're such a good live band but sadly only watched their introducing set. Don Broco secret set was phenomenal I even bumped into Milkie from Wargasm in the pits which was nice. Declan McKenna was good. Aitch was phenomenal all day long, seen his own set and his appearances with AJ Tracey and Jack Harlow. Aitch really has something about him could definitely see him headlining in a few years time. AJ Tracey was pretty meh apart from his last few songs. I seen Dana Dentata and she was excellent it was a weird and wonderful set. Jack Harlow was brilliant and the crowd really popped off for his set but tech difficulties at the start shortnened his set by a good 10/15 minutes. Seen a bit of stormzy but wasnt really feeling it he's a terrific performer but just don't think he's got sing along hits to be a good headliner IMO. I went to MK and enjoyed his set 

15 hours ago, VCK said:

I'm at that age now where I have no idea who half these artists are.

The Kid Laroi? Never heard of him, don't recognise a single one of his songs, and he's 3rd down.

Looking at some set lists Liam's was very good, very similar to what I saw in Manchester. Gerry played the one song I wanted lol but Biffy Clyro's set was just not for me anymore. Two less songs than Margate too but I've got to the point where too many new songs not the same standard are included. Like for Download next year, the undercard actually for me wanted a different headliner and Biffy were not who I hoped were replaced as this headliner. It's getting easier to just picked Descendants next year now. Also with Catfish, it seems Swansea may be on but like it might not be what I hoped for.

Was in a completely different world for Disclosure yesterday, absolutely insane I’m not getting over it for quite a while. Hate this whole 2 stage thing tho, left Two Door early and they played What You Know last, left the Wombats early and left Disclosure really fucking early which was infuriating. Got a decent spot for Posty but he’s not my fav and we were stood there for a good 40 minutes, it I could go back id have just stayed at Disclosure

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Think with the two stages you have to pick which one you prefer, go with that and accept you won’t get a good spot for the next act/miss a couple of songs of the previous. I’ll be leaving Blossoms early today for a good spot for Wolf Alice, no doubt about that.

To be fair, there’s always been clashes with the NME tent so changing it back won’t change that! 

8 hours ago, JamieB1830 said:

wombats absolutely fucking killed it today, as did beabadoobee (who i wasn’t aware were so good)

disclosure was also sick but club music isn’t really my scene, could still appreciate it though

all in all i’m quite enjoying this so far, my one annoyance is the positive lateral flow tests i’ve seen dotted about the place, just dumped on the floor

c**ts

was always inevitable though, like i don’t want covid again but i’m probably coming home with it 😕

Don't forget there's that weird trick that people found where various stuff can make it positive - random drinks and the like, and kids using or to get out of school. I reckon it's less likely these people even took a test, and more likely they were playing around like that to see what gave a positive test. 

There'll be loads with it, but they won't be swabbing themselves. 

9 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Sea Girls absolutely killed it today at Leeds. Would be surprised if anyone tops that set tomorrow. Crowd energy was excellent and they sounded great. 

Excellent I'll make sure I catch them at Neighbourhood next weekend! 

39 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Looking at some set lists Liam's was very good, very similar to what I saw in Manchester. 

Yep was very similar to that last Manchester gig, though fade away was a nice surprise! 

The girlfriend loved Biffy but I was getting a bit frustrated with all the running around and queues so just went to get a drink and roam, though really that just meant 25 mins in a bar queue... they sounded amazing and I kind of regret that now! 

15 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

Anyone know how long it's taking to get in with a day ticket? Don't wanna miss Hot Milk at Reading tomorrow! 

Miles less than a weekend ticket, you have to queue with all the kids bringing bags back, all being searched