2021 Lineup

Can't find it now but there was speculation a few pages back about whether Girl in Red would get a small crowd, being up against Liam Gallagher.  I can report she got a big and very vociferous crowd at Leeds - there were even circle pits, I kid you not. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, WFD said:

Can't find it now but there was speculation a few pages back about whether Girl in Red would get a small crowd, being up against Liam Gallagher.  I can report she got a big and very vociferous crowd at Leeds - there were even circle pits, I kid you not. 

i think the type of crowd girl in red attracts is the polar opposite of the type of crowd liam gallagher attracts

while I had a great time today at Leeds, I think the two main stage/5 minutes between acts or even acts crossing over is not good to say the least. Bar queues were ridiculous. I won't be going back when it's like this. You don't see any full sets if you want a couple of bands in a row just from toilet breaks never mind bar trips.

I ended up missing the first three wolf alice songs watching the end of blossoms because they were late on.

Also biffy's crowd was tiny - I assume queens of the stone age would've been the same, but I was shocked how few turned out to see them on the mini main stage 

An odd setup all round

Liam G was incredible though...

1 hour ago, JamieB1830 said:

i think the type of crowd girl in red attracts is the polar opposite of the type of crowd liam gallagher attracts

I know.  It wasn't me who predicted she'd be playing to a small crowd, it was someone else.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

while I had a great time today at Leeds, I think the two main stage/5 minutes between acts or even acts crossing over is not good to say the least. Bar queues were ridiculous. I won't be going back when it's like this. You don't see any full sets if you want a couple of bands in a row just from toilet breaks never mind bar trips.

I ended up missing the first three wolf alice songs watching the end of blossoms because they were late on.

Also biffy's crowd was tiny - I assume queens of the stone age would've been the same, but I was shocked how few turned out to see them on the mini main stage 

An odd setup all round

Liam G was incredible though...

This makes me incredibly thankful I have a separate bar Lane through disabled access…

It was me who thought girl in Red would get a small crowd, but I’m so glad she didn’t - a fantastic artist! Well done to her! 
Very excited for today… especially to see what the hell happens with Catfish… if all else fails, Hybrid Minds will be a good fallback option. 

48 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

My kid is at Leeds with her friends, she has only just turned 16 and I'm trying my best to be cool dad and not worried frantic dad. Anyway, she called last night and is having a great time, and her highlights yesterday were Wolf Alice and Girl in Red.

Thats nice she called. I remember when I went to Reading as a 15 year old I was too busy drinking, seeing bands and having a laugh with mates that I didn't ring my family and there was a news report that a someone died on site and my Gran was getting overly worried it could/was me. In hindsight I wished I did call/sent a message saying I'm doing fine.

Im sure she will be okay and there's nothing to worry about. Plus in a few years the two of you might be going to festivals together, I have a friend who has gone to Isle of Wight and Glasto with their parents which is actually pretty cool they can do something like that together.

Edited by jump

16 minutes ago, jump said:

Thats nice she called. I remember when I went to Reading as a 15 year old I was too busy drinking, seeing bands and having a laugh with mates that I didn't ring my family and there was a news report that a someone died on site and my Gran was getting overly worried it could/was me. In hindsight I wished I did call/sent a message saying I'm doing fine.

Im sure she will be okay and there's nothing to worry about. Plus in a few years the two of you might going to festivals together, I have a friend who has gone to Isle of Wight and Glasto with their parents which is actually pretty cool they can do something like that together.

Actually we both were at Greenman last weekend! She's pretty savvy and I think she will be ok....but you know, you worry. Leeds festival has got a bit of a reputation, probably undeserved.

10 hours ago, VCK said:

Just read they're splitting up because they're upset that they struggled to break America.

Something even British names as big as the Roses, Manics, Libertines, Blur and Pulp never managed to do.

Bunch of fannies.

Yeah it was obvious that Van was going to crawl up his own arse eventually. He had that whole thing about him. He clearly always wanted to be 'the big man'.

9 hours ago, jump said:

Blur co-headlined Coachella with Stones Roses didn’t they? Although I think the yanks didn’t know who they were though.

The Catfish setlist tonight seems mental.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/catfish-and-the-bottlemen/2021/little-johns-farm-reading-england-638cfe8b.html

They did but Blur and Stone Roses were never doing it playing like 3rd or 4th down. They'll take the crown for themselves as being the only festival probably ever who can get those two bands to co-headline back to back. Blur crowd was slightly bigger yhat The Stone Roses but nothing special. I was on the barrier for the roses and it was the best they sounded but the long Fools Gold at the end wasn't needed for a set that short. I also don't like it lol.

I just watched the full catfish set on iPlayer and it’s clear that you’ve got a band who know it’s all over but are just their to pocket the appearance fee before going their separate ways. 

Not only did they barely speak to the audience but they appeared to basically not be on speaking terms with one another either. Wouldn’t be shocked if they play Leeds and their homecoming gig and then sack off Neighbourhood Weekender 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I just watched the full catfish set on iPlayer and it’s clear that you’ve got a band who know it’s all over but are just their to pocket the appearance fee before going their separate ways. 

Not only did they barely speak to the audience but they appeared to basically not be on speaking terms with one another either. Wouldn’t be shocked if they play Leeds and their homecoming gig and then sack off Neighbourhood Weekender 

Honestly came here to say this, constantly stopping and didn’t even finish with Tyrants. Was appalling from them, still have the tunes but such a fall. Crowd was good though

Arena setup with 2 main stages is odd. On top of ridiculous bar queues, the side of arena with tents is super crowded while the other side where Dance tent used to be is half empty, at least in Reading. I hope the usual setup returns for next year

Just now, Ferda said:

Arena setup with 2 main stages is odd. On top of ridiculous bar queues, the side of arena with tents is super crowded while the other side where Dance tent used to be is half empty, at least in Reading. I hope the usual setup returns for next year

Yeah I hope for radio 1 back. Also one extra bass is so high you can hear it over some of the lock up acts. Plus they haven't got a screen inside the Lu tent only the one outside with no speakers, so you can see but not hear, given all the noise from elsewhere. I think when it's the FR tent it will really suffer because of that.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

That’s the biggest comedy graveyard I’ve ever seen.

Not a clue why Catfish seem to have earned so much vitriol tonight. Im bias as a fan, and Ill admit from what I saw on the BBC stream they were having an off night, but the reaction has been over the top. 

I was at the back and quite enjoyed it...

Their production on the big screens was awful though, would’ve been better just doing a proper TV feed

3 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

It was me who thought girl in Red would get a small crowd, but I’m so glad she didn’t - a fantastic artist! Well done to her! 

It wasn't just big, it was probably the most excited crowd I saw all day.  Think she is one that benefitted from the year delay, she was originally due to do that slot in 2020 and has grown in popularity since. For me she was an interesting alternative to Liam G, but for others including my daughter she was a must see.

Don Broco were fucking insane yesterday, Rob looked like a sexy reincarnation of Brian May and the whole tent was electric, honestly Incredible.

Declan McKenna was very good, although I didn’t expect much else. Aitchs crowd was absolutely massive (picture below) all my friends went in and said it was a nightmare. AJ Tracey was shit imo, apart from Rain and Ladbroke Grove I was more worried about making sure my mates didn’t get trampled on than listening to his garbage. I really enjoyed Catfish, but that might be rose tinted glasses coz I’ve waited 6 years to see them, I was stood next to the mixing desk and they sounded class, screamed every word naturally.

And Stormzy was brilliant I didn’t want to miss any Catfish but we left after Homesick to get a decent spot, found a nice little place just to the left and behind the sound desk so we could see that back screen and the stage too. It was so so so good. Third guest he bought out I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bigger cheer. And ofc Vossi Bop went down magically

Edited by Gerard the Fab