2021 Lineup

Sherlocks and Jake bugg secret sets on Friday at Leeds abit disappointed in that, but thats only because of don broco, yma6, and possible vaccines sets across the weekend. 

ah well will still have a great day I’m guessing they will both be the slots on the festival republic stage, can still see two slots on the bbc stage possibly three so fingers crossed for one more good addition 

6 minutes ago, heartsink said:

Sherlocks and Jake bugg secret sets on Friday at Leeds abit disappointed in that, but thats only because of don broco, yma6, and possible vaccines sets across the weekend.

It's disappointing because for the big secret sets of the past were headliner or near-headliner status acts, and there was a sense of occasion seeing them on smaller stages than you would normally get to see them.  I might be misjudging their popularity but can't see there being a lot of buzz around Jake Bugg (I know he is a former sub but that was a long way back now) or The Sherlocks playing the FR tent, particularly if they are up against the start of Liam Gallagher. It's starting to look like they are using the secret sets to fit in acts they can't fit easily elsewhere and trying to hype it as an occasion. 

55 minutes ago, WFD said:

It's disappointing because for the big secret sets of the past were headliner or near-headliner status acts, and there was a sense of occasion seeing them on smaller stages than you would normally get to see them.  I might be misjudging their popularity but can't see there being a lot of buzz around Jake Bugg (I know he is a former sub but that was a long way back now) or The Sherlocks playing the FR tent, particularly if they are up against the start of Liam Gallagher. It's starting to look like they are using the secret sets to fit in acts they can't fit easily elsewhere and trying to hype it as an occasion. 

To be honest, this year they are doing well to get any bands/acts with status in as it’s all so last minute. Just enjoy the fact the festival is taking place.

55 minutes ago, WFD said:

If they’re actually announcing them tonight then they are not exactly secret sets are they? When the likes of BMTH, Foals and Jamie T did it a few years ago there were hints, but nothing actually confirmed until an hour or two before. I’m seeing the likes of Jake Bugg and Sherlocks as replacements for acts that have pulled out rather than genuine secret sets 

41 minutes ago, JamieB1830 said:

clusterufk tonight at the radio 1 dance stage reading, was meant to be a dj set at midnight

think the barriers got broke down and people flooded in too early so they cancelled the event

to me it looks like people mistook the lighting test for them actually starting so yeah

Ngl, I think this was readings communication fault again. They’d already stated nothing was on Thursday night but then sent a notification on the app saying the jack Saunders DJ set was ‘Friday midnight’ but they really meant Saturday midnight.

Edited by K2001

7 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Maybe, on the app there are still two big gaps on the lock up. One we know is Don Broco, the other who knows? 

Hoping Don Broco at 2 don’t think I’ll be able to pull my mates away from Mabel

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TownNation said:

https://twitter.com/officialrandl/status/1430945594491691017?s=21

ABSOLUTELY buzzing for YMAS! Can someone tell me if Waterparks are good or not? 

No they are not. For me anyway. 

14 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

The most annoying thing about this is that they knew Waterparks were playing a week ago as it was in their website so they must have known about Fever333 then

Unfortunately they've got your money, MB doesn't give a shite.

13 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

How have Waterparks managed to overcome the same ‘travel restrictions’ that stopped Fever333 from coming over?

US travel restrictions haven’t changed and neither have U.K. entry restrictions.

I suspect it’s been discovered that someone important has COVID or has not been vaccinated