2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, Benj said:

This expectation for news ASAP is a bit entitled.

Let them work it out. There’s no need to know right now!

Couldn't disagree with this more. FR aren't putting on a free village fete in the local park here, this is a multi-million dollar festival that people have paid £100s to attend. Expecting some degree of communication is not being "entitled". 

Nobody is blaming FR for all high number of drop out this year, it can't be helped, but bands being dropped from the schedule without official comment is just poor form. For all you know someone is going specifically for one of the bands that have or may not have dropped out (I went to Leeds in 2018 solely for TFB, for example). Those people deserve to know what the situation is. 

It's not in any way unreasonable to expect FR to officially confirm when an act drops out. Removing them on the sly from the app and not posting any proper news is super scummy. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Couldn't disagree with this more. FR aren't putting on a free village fete in the local park here, this is a multi-million dollar festival that people have paid £100s to attend. Expecting some degree of communication is not being "entitled". 

Nobody is blaming FR for all high number of drop out this year, it can't be helped, but bands being dropped from the schedule without official comment is just poor form. For all you know someone is going specifically for one of the bands that have or may not have dropped out (I went to Leeds in 2018 solely for TFB, for example). Those people deserve to know what the situation is. 

It's not in any way unreasonable to expect FR to officially confirm when an act drops out. Removing them on the sly from the app and not posting any proper news is super scummy. 

Correct.

Not everybody will download the app or constantly check the website. Gurantee there will be a high percentage of people still expecting to see the likes of Creeper this weekend only to realise on the day they aren't playing. This is really poor IMO. I actually don't know why at the very least the social media team haven't highlighted it. Granted they could be looking for a replacement at such short notice, but tell us that. It's literally tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Exactly this

As far as I can see, most fans have been quite reasonable in expecting bands to drop out last minute due to COVID but the lack of communication is not really acceptable.

They let the rumours on MGK dropping out last about a week before they announced it, we still haven’t been told that Creeper are not playing and Fever333 put out a statement this morning but nothing from the festival.

Ho99o9 disappeared from the line up weeks ago and we still haven’t officially been told that they aren’t playing.

We aren’t asking much, A simple tweet or a statement on their website would suffice

Edited by rivalschools.price

4 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

My point exactly. As (heavily) paying customers we should absolutely be entitled to know what the score is, not finding out on the DL by arbitrarily checking the website ourselves. I get that acts cancelling is inevitable and that they’ll announce dropouts if and when replacements are organised but finding stuff out ourselves is poor

47 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Agree with this. When Latitude had any drop outs they were announced on social media and their replacements either announced at the time or a couple of hours later. As they're both the same company I'm surprised how poor the communication has been throughout this all, hopefully they can improve this over the weekend as it isn't fair on the festival goers 

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Trying to get to the bottom of the Inhaler thing. I think the Vs Nova Twins thing may be to do with their Reading exclusive DJ set? I consider the ‘vs’ thing to be a DJ thing usually. The bands main stage set is still on my app so maybe they’ve just become Reading exclusive in general just like the DJ set?

The first part looks right - on the website they've moved "Inhaler vs Nova Twins" to the alternative stage now (and added the rest of the alternative stage line up) so looks like the earlier appearance of it on main stage was just a glitch.

23 minutes ago, WFD said:

The first part looks right - on the website they've moved "Inhaler vs Nova Twins" to the alternative stage now (and added the rest of the alternative stage line up) so looks like the earlier appearance of it on main stage was just a glitch.

I think they updated the alternative stage and accidentally applied it to regular set as well. Still weird they don’t seem to be at Leeds

4 minutes ago, TownNation said:

Literally wanna get on my hands and knees and beg for YMAS. Would love it if their a secret set!

How do we find out about secret sets? Through the app on the day? I’ll keep an eye on here too. Any other tips? 

I reckon that they’re the replacement for Fever333 and we all just presumed that they were booked as a secret set

Edited by rivalschools.price

3 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I reckon that they’re the replacement for Fever333 and we all just presumed that they were booked as a secret set

Honestly I will more than take that! I would absolutely love them as a replacement. 

Edited by TownNation

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

I reckon that they’re the replacement for Fever333 and we all just presumed that it was a secret set

Or they just add someone small like Florence Black or Hands Off Gretel to the start of the day and bump everyone else up though.

21 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

I think they updated the alternative stage and accidentally applied it to regular set as well. Still weird they don’t seem to be at Leeds

Yeah and Leeds is after their Reading appearance so can't be anything to do with isolation times.  I think we're at the point of not being certain of anything until it happens because the website and app can't keep up.

2 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

I agree that they shouldn't be taking people off the app until they have a message ready and similarly need to keep bands zipped up as per of that.

My point is that they don’t need to let us know ASAP about replacements etc... 

19 minutes ago, Benj said:

I agree that they shouldn't be taking people off the app until they have a message ready and similarly need to keep bands zipped up as per of that.

My point is that they don’t need to let us know ASAP about replacements etc... 

Agree they don't need to let us know about replacements instantly, but confirmation of an act/band dropping out should be communicated ASAP. The festival starts properly in less than 24 hours, people on are site etc.

4 minutes ago, JamieB1830 said:

so, i saw a huge billie eilish poster up on the way in. she isn’t on the lineup, and i would assume it’s an old poster - but, it’s her new album art. blonde hair and all. 

dunno if it’s just a coincidence but it’s definitely interesting

possible secret set or wishful thinking?

Don’t you dare. I swear she’s like one of my favourites don’t do that 😂

28 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Agree they don't need to let us know about replacements instantly, but confirmation of an act/band dropping out should be communicated ASAP. The festival starts properly in less than 24 hours, people on are site etc.

I mean there’s nothing you can really do about it once your there. 

Deffo could be frustrating for day goers though