2021 Lineup

Just now, thetime said:

Liam is a weird one for me, wasn't really that popular post oasis until last couple of years.  Now all of a sudden his headline material, I know its perhaps the amount of oasis tunes he does. 

Would he off been headline material with beady eye if they threw in half a dozen oasis tunes? Just don't get the huge surge to headliner. 

His solo stuff is decent and he actually sings well now. He is massive with Indie crowd

39 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Who are we expecting to get the biggest crowds of the weekend then? I think the top 5 will be (in no particular order): 

Liam Gallagher 

KSI 

AJ Tracey 

Post Malone 

Stormzy 

KSI, Bad Boy Chiller Crew (for the size of the tent), Stormzy, AJ Tracey, Mabel, Post Malone, The Kid Laroi and Becky Hill will all have big crowds for me

21 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Smallest? I reckon interest in the Hunna has dried up, and I fear for Girl in Red against Liam Gallagher and Crucast. Conversely, Dinosaur Pile-up should have a good showing thanks to those who aren’t into rap/grime. 

The Hunna (obviously), The Hara (are they the new Hunna?), Disclosure and IDKHOW will flop for me, not convinced by TDCC subbing either these days

21 minutes ago, thetime said:

I would of thought biffy would get a bigger crowd than Liam, wasn't Liam seen as a weak headliner when announced. 

Not headlined a major festival, whilst biffy have the pedigree as a headliner.

Not a chance. Liam will be packed, the oasis tunes carry him a long way.

Reckon Two Door must be in with a shout for biggest crowd - not much on at the same time as them and very well known/easy listening

---

Niko B and BBCC will be rammed also

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not a chance. Liam will be packed, the oasis tunes carry him a long way.

Reckon Two Door must be in with a shout for biggest crowd - not much on at the same time as them and very well known/easy listening

---

Niko B and BBCC will be rammed also

In theory every main stage act after about 5pm should have a decent crowd after most people have ventured from the campsites, the FR/Pit acts will be too niche against the MS acts.

Upon further inspection Bloxx will struggle against Wolf Alice

14 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

In theory every main stage act after about 5pm should have a decent crowd after most people have ventured from the campsites, the FR/Pit acts will be too niche against the MS acts.

Upon further inspection Bloxx will struggle against Wolf Alice

Feel for Bloxx, they’ve had no schedule luck this summer.

Ran 15 minutes into Blossoms set at Tramlines and I’ve never seen a tent empty quicker. Must have been demoralising as hell.

Deserve better. 

14 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Feel for Bloxx, they’ve had no schedule luck this summer.

Ran 15 minutes into Blossoms set at Tramlines and I’ve never seen a tent empty quicker. Must have been demoralising as hell.

Deserve better. 

Yeah stuff like that must be gutting. Drenge closed one of the smaller stages in 2019 and there must’ve been no more than 50 people in to say it was pretty much a hometown gig

28 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Yeah stuff like that must be gutting. Drenge closed one of the smaller stages in 2019 and there must’ve been no more than 50 people in to say it was pretty much a hometown gig

I guess they know what they sign up for ahead of time? Be interested to find out whether they know what stage they perform on when agreeing to play…

4 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

I guess they know what they sign up for ahead of time? Be interested to find out whether they know what stage they perform on when agreeing to play…

Even if they do they wouldn’t know they’re gonna be clashing with someone of a similar genre much bigger 😂 as they 100% don’t get told times til closer to the fest

Have an great festival everyone! It's been a pleasure, as always, living the highs and lows of this thread throughout the last two years.

This is the first year I won't be attending since 2013, the first since I signed up to this forum, and it feels surreal. But I'm sure it'll be an amazing weekend. I hope to see y'all in 2022 with Rage Against The Machine or QotSA 🤘.