2021 Lineup

1 minute ago, FakeEmpire said:

They are DJ sets but usually as silent discos in the Alternative Tent. Finishing around 3-4am in previous years I think.

Ah ffs, so they're still silent discos, just in the arena instead of the campsites.  Bloody hell!

Just now, WStoner said:

Ah ffs, so they're still silent discos, just in the arena instead of the campsites.  Bloody hell!

Might be different this year but every other year that's how it's worked. Queue up at the Alternative Tent and are handed headphones on the way in.

One year, there were a couple of late night live sets in there that were silent discos as well! I assume they don't have a license for amplified music after 12 because of it being a residential area.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Might be different this year but every other year that's how it's worked. Queue up at the Alternative Tent and are handed headphones on the way in.

One year, there were a couple of late night live sets in there that were silent discos as well! I assume they don't have a license for amplified music after 12 because of it being a residential area.

Wish they paid for the license 😂

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Good to know this. Good to know the music doesn’t have to stop at 11pm(ish) - Thanks guys! 

1 hour ago, Brandohoff said:

The map for leeds can’t be too accurate. The co-op can’t be in the arena and the showers can’t be all the way down in yellow camping surely 

Looks like the showers in yellow are actually those for camping plus. Also the co-op is definitely in the village just set back on the arena line

• Upvote 2

Is the schedule on the app still showing the gaps in the LU/Pit? I'm a lowly android user so wont be able to see until tomorrow.

Was really expecting an announcement today to fill some gaps, surely there's too many all to be secret sets. Hoping they don't do something like closing the stage early like they did in 2019.

I’ve got a bit of an issue

I posted a couple of pages back that I’ve ordered a citizen card for ID, which should be accepted. I don’t currently have a passport and I’m medically barred from getting a driving license

Issue is, I don’t think my citizen card will arrive in time for thursday

So I’m wondering, do you need ID to enter the festival? Obvs for drinks I will but I’m worried now

25 minutes ago, JamieB1830 said:

I posted a couple of pages back that I’ve ordered a citizen card for ID, which should be accepted. I don’t currently have a passport and I’m medically barred from getting a driving license

So I’m wondering, do you need ID to enter the festival? Obvs for drinks I will but I’m worried now

NO

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, m4tt said:

NO

1 hour ago, JamieB1830 said:

I think you do don't you to prove your COVID status? Either if double jabbed or negative test, don't you need to prove that you are the person it relates to?

6 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I think you do don't you to prove your COVID status? Either if double jabbed or negative test, don't you need to prove that you are the person it relates to?

well if that’s the case, i hope my student ID is enough, else I’ve spent 230 quid on nothing lol

so much for 1-2 day service…

I went for a wander along the river in Reading on Sunday and it looked like they’d added a second checkpoint further east from the green entrance. Looked like they’ll do the covid check first before the normal ticket queue, which would be consistent with the couple of gigs I’ve been to lately 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TownNation said:

Hello! Me. If you mean guest / residents from thorner and Bramham? 

If so as far as I gather, it’s the same spot. Guest camping is in EXACTLY the same place. At least from Thorner’s side (where I’m from) Car parking is in a very slightly different place, but it’s just across the field. Buses and coaches go next to the camping, and then the shuttle usually parks just in the next field in previous years. Then you just take the shortcut by walking through the yellow gate. (If I have the name right?)

That’s what usually happens and that seems to be the same walking through, by, through info, seeing things and everything. I will try and double check this for you though if you want - and that’s what you mean 😂

Fab yes this is very helpful, yellow gate is where I need to go. 

Just to confirm - your guest camping wristband does again you access to all the public campsites too if you wanted it yeah?

21 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

I went for a wander along the river in Reading on Sunday and it looked like they’d added a second checkpoint further east from the green entrance. Looked like they’ll do the covid check first before the normal ticket queue, which would be consistent with the couple of gigs I’ve been to lately 

This is how it was for the Euro's games at wembley too

58 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Latitude had the same before you got to the the wristband exchange, you also went the same way on re-entry but you took a slightly different way in rather rather going through the same bit again 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Who are we expecting to get the biggest crowds of the weekend then? I think the top 5 will be (in no particular order): 

Liam Gallagher 

KSI 

AJ Tracey 

Post Malone 

Stormzy 

Think BBCC will draw a huge crowd

In other news I decided to get my point across 

D3FF8CB2-CCE8-4EB0-A48D-EFC5AA1DDCF3.png

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Who are we expecting to get the biggest crowds of the weekend then? I think the top 5 will be (in no particular order): 

Liam Gallagher 

KSI 

AJ Tracey 

Post Malone 

Stormzy 

agree with most of them there but reckon Wolf Alice over KSI, they’re massive as a third down band. 

4 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Biffy is a weak headliner these days.

Liam is a weird one for me, wasn't really that popular post oasis until last couple of years.  Now all of a sudden his headline material, I know its perhaps the amount of oasis tunes he does. 

Would he off been headline material with beady eye if they threw in half a dozen oasis tunes? Just don't get the huge surge to headliner.