2021 Lineup

There's probably a larger gap between tthe band and the audience at a festival show, even on the smaller stages. 

Also, on exclusive appearances of bands at festivals, which I think was mentioned a page or two back: If a band isn't billed, then it isn't a selling point for the festival, so it can't impact sales for any other gig/festival. Basically it won't necessarily stop a band doing a surprise gig elsewhere. 

On 8/22/2021 at 7:41 PM, Quorn said:

I’m not committed enough to scroll back through the hundreds of pages of posts, but you seem to be forgetting when you reappeared during discussions of whether the festival would go ahead a few months ago and complained that it was irresponsible and that all of us were being hypocrites for wanting to go. I also have no idea where I said you were blaming people haha. I get that your whole persona is this guy whose only opinions are the opposite of whatever the majority is saying, but just try to lighten up a bit

Very incorrect but you believe that if you feel that need. I've got festivals myself, I really have no need to not want them to go ahead.

I said people are being hypocrites for wanting Boris to do the right thing with measures there and then and not in a week or two weeks time. Then suddenly when he makes a rules that doesn't actually come in to play which allows thousands to attend an events suddenly that's okay? I'm not forgetting anything, people changing their minds because suddenly it benefits them are. The reasons I was against events at that time was due to the lack of restrictions in place. The aftermath of Boardmasters makes my feelings of the entry restrictions and rules fully justified.

If you are going to put rules into place then what's the bloody point weeks later after damage is done and the festival season is over? But let's forget that this theory is exactly what everyone said before, again, it benefitted them.

• Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Very incorrect but you believe that if you feel that need. I've got festivals myself, I really have no need to not want them to go ahead.

I said people are being hypocrites for wanting Boris to do the right thing with measures there and then and not in a week or two weeks time. Then suddenly when he makes a rules that doesn't actually come in to play which allows thousands to attend an events suddenly that's okay? I'm not forgetting anything, people changing their minds because suddenly it benefits them are. The reasons I was against events at that time was due to the lack of restrictions in place. The aftermath of Boardmasters makes my feelings of the entry restrictions and rules fully justified.

If you are going to put rules into place then what's the bloody point weeks later after damage is done and the festival season is over? But let's forget that this theory is exactly what everyone said before, again, it benefitted them.

Personally I'd prefer to see testing only, with photo proof (to spot check, with a threat of some kind if its not legit, surely there are ways) I don't think vaccine only is enough - I know "less chance" but really, if any restrictions are to come in that exclude people, it should be aimed at closer to "no chance" 

as it is I've just accepted I'll catch it at some point the next couple of weeks! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

12 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

You Me At Six also liked a few tweets earlier about playing R&L. If we get them Broco & Frank Carter my head is going to be spinning

Looks like the pit to me..... wonder why they're posting pics like that..... 🙂

Screenshot_20210823-204121__01.jpg

Edited by m4tt

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Their last secret set was in the Pit and that’s what Rob was wearing so it’s definitely a picture from that set. 

Yeah I was there. Remember the outfit, could have sworn it was NME but I was likely baked and old age dementia etc.

5 hours ago, thetime said:

Never went but was sonisphere like that?

Pretty much. You know the double denim dinosaurs that sit on their chairs all day at Download? Well these ones did same but got a bit more exercise by getting up and turning round a few times a day. 😂

50 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Personally I'd prefer to see testing only, with photo proof (to spot check, with a threat of some kind if its not legit, surely there are ways) I don't think vaccine only is enough - I know "less chance" but really, if any restrictions are to come in that exclude people, it should be aimed at closer to "no chance" 

as it is I've just accepted I'll catch it at some point the next couple of weeks! 

Testing only would definitely be safer, but it would also be politically dreadful for vaccination uptake, as it would effectively level being double vaxxed with having none at all. Thankfully the maths around efficacy of the vaccination in the UK is holding up in practice, and while i didn't think it was fair opening up before anyone below about the age of 38 could possibly have double vax levels of protection, thankfully severe levels of covid are very much down. I appreciate there's still the big unknown about long covid, but I'm not sure how we can get beyond that with the level of public opinion manipulation we face everywhere. 

My main fear is people faking tests. Not sure if that's a valid fear or not. I just hope people are honest. 

25 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

? 

That account is jokes. In the replies, someone said that they were at the gig and he never mentioned anything about R&L and the account replied saying that they’ve had several people tell them that his sound engineer told them he’s playing 😂

Edited by Andre91

4 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Totally forgot that he subbed Arctic Monkeys in 2014, did his agent have something on Melvin?? The exodus of people leaving the main stage after Imagine Dragons finished is something never forget

If you’d have asked me last year i’d have said Gerry Cinnamon would be a repeat of this but I reckon it’ll be packed for him now