2021 Lineup

2 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

there’s no room for them is there?

D8ED3A50-BD85-4A20-812D-3C66E20AE7CA.jpeg

Based off of clash finder, there's a couple of gaps on the festival Republic stage the day Yungblud is playing and there is nothing on the BBC introducing stage late on the evening. Possible but I think it might be wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, WStoner said:

So at the mo the thinking is that the secret sets will be: Don Broco, Frank Carter et al, and Waterparks?  Is that all of the secret set slots filled?  

Don BROCO, FCATR, YMAS and it boosts the festival by a zillion % for me. Don’t get me hopes up 😂

56 minutes ago, m4tt said:

If Don Broco and Frank Carter are possibilities theres no reason why Architects arent also a pit possibility. They all play the same venues in London (Ally Pally, Wembley, Brixton).

Also, ALT LDN might want to use them to try and sell some more tickets to reading goers (doesnt sound like its doing very well).

Very valid point. Can only hope so 

54 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

there’s no room for them is there?

D8ED3A50-BD85-4A20-812D-3C66E20AE7CA.jpeg

Oli will come out for Obey with Yungblud - they’ve been doing that on the YB Tour.

50 minutes ago, stanh said:

isnt there a main stage slot somewhere? or am i wrong 

I wrote some potential secret slot ones down earlier but the only spot on main was the one blossoms have took 

Just now, jumperofftheshelf said:

There’s loads of space on the Introducing too isn’t there?

Yh that’ll be artists already on the lineup I assume

Theres in fact 4 across the 2 days on LO/Pit, so always potential for BMTH, more likely Idles and Architects surely. 
also the Hara don’t go on until 12:25 it says, potential for a set on the other stage to open up that day

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yh that’ll be artists already on the lineup I assume

Theres in fact 4 across the 2 days on LO/Pit, so always potential for BMTH, more likely Idles and Architects surely. 
also the Hara don’t go on until 12:25 it says, potential for a set on the other stage to open up that day

4 secret sets on LO/Pit seems unlikely, i think we'll get a couple of smaller names tonight/tomorrow. Then a couple of secret sets

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

To be honest I just think I’ve been unlucky with withdrawals, can’t blame the festival at all as it’s unavoidable and most are very happy with the line up so they’re obviously doing it right.

Since I bought the ticket in 2019 for the supposed 2020 festival, I’ve lost RATM,The Bronx, Idles, Cancer Bats, Fontaines DC, QOTSA, Ho99o9, Gallows, Cleopatrick and Spiritbox off the top of my head (there’s probably more) so little wonder that there isn’t much left I want to see.I’m sure if you took 10 bands off most peoples ‘must see’ list then they’d also be left with slim pickings.

As I said, not anyone’s fault and the festival have obviously done a good job as everyone, including yourself, have plenty they want to see.(I’d also have 17 bands without the withdrawals)

Dont rule out me posting on here on Monday saying how much of a good time I’ve had despite the line up not being to my taste though haha.

I've got the time off work this week so could attend and was planning on getting a last minute ticket if those types of bands had been playing, i appreciate, it must be hard work trying to put on a festival nevermind the logistics of bands this year, however the line up is full of bands that don't scream me paying out £230 plus this weekend. Even if the lock up stage was decent i would have taken the hit on the indie landfill. I'm sure you will still have a good weekend. 

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Never went but was sonisphere like that?

Yes sometimes the next band started within a minute of the last one finishing, especially when you take into account some over run or start late etc so can't blame the next band (if they are on time) for making sure they play full allocated time. 

This type of format has its pros / cons. No waiting around etc. If the line up is one band after another you want to see, then you are knackered if you want to go to the bar / toilet etc!