2021 Lineup

10 minutes ago, Benj said:

Ughhhh so predictable and dull

(both as a replacement and band)

Yeah, I must admit I got myself excited about Architects, Frank Carter, Enter Shikari or Idles.

I suppose I’m no worse off as I had no intention of watching MGK and won’t be watching Blossoms, it’s a net zero for me haha.

Edited by rivalschools.price

1 hour ago, thetime said:

I think they have got pretty lucky so far with pull outs, not to many and not to many high profile ones either.

Not sure about that, there must be well over 20 that have dropped out with some in high profile positions like QOTSA and MGK.

That’s at least a quarter of the line up

Edited by rivalschools.price

This year is the first year I'm not going since 2015, but I'm a bit jealous now tbh. That Friday is stacked if you're into your indie music. You've got a run of Nothing But Thieves > The Snuts > Inhaler > Sports Team > Sea Girls > Declan McKenna > Sam Fender > Yonaka > Catfish with no clashes, other than 10 mins on Sam Fender and Yonaka.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

personally i don’t see this meaning them doing a secret set at all, think it’s probably unrelated. really hope i’m wrong though. 

Revenge of the Prettyboys two years later after they did a secret set with an Instagram story, there the most likely so far 

3 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

personally i don’t see this meaning them doing a secret set at all, think it’s probably unrelated. really hope i’m wrong though. 

believe the pretty boys account was made solely for the purpose of teasing their secret set in 2017, can't see why they'd just randomly pick it up again for another reason especially on the week of R+L

• Upvote 1

Looking at Clashfinder, i cannot say i am sad at missing the festival this year. Been most years in past 20 years, however only about 6/7 bands i would watch. 

Hopefully get all the bland indie nonsense out of the way this year and back with bang in 2022. 

For those who are going, enjoy. 

6 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Looking at Clashfinder, i cannot say i am sad at missing the festival this year. Been most years in past 20 years, however only about 6/7 bands i would watch. 

Hopefully get all the bland indie nonsense out of the way this year and back with bang in 2022. 

For those who are going, enjoy. 

I’m in the same position,been every year since 2003 but only 5 or 6 bands left for me this year as I’ve been hit big time with the drop outs. 

However, I’m still going this year.Mainly due to the year we’ve just had, the alternative is to sit at home staring at the same four walls that I’ve been looking at throughout lockdown haha.

Looking at it positively,Im treating each day as a Dinosaur Pile up, Fever333 and Biffy gig and I’m sure I’ll have a great time wondering around with a beer in hand.Though I won’t get tickers for next year until I see the line up.

29 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Not sure about that, there must be well over 20 that have dropped out with some in high profile positions like QOTSA and MGK.

That’s at least a quarter of the line up

This is the list of all acts that pulled out for various reasons:

Charli XCX, 100 Gecs, DaBaby, Doja Cat, Queens of the Stone Age, Madison Beer, Denzel Curry, Sofi Tukker, Super Whatevr, Wallows, Oliver Tree, Tate McRae, MizorMac, Nation of Language, Gallows, Spiritbox, Cleopatrick, 070Shake, Surfaces, Ho99o9, jxdn, Machine Gun Kelly and Alfie Indra (?).

Edited by Newjem