2021 Lineup

52 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Am I right in counting just 4 bars in the arena? Are there normally more?  Hoping one of those sells Export 😂

Think four is about right (Reading anyway). Think there’s a smaller real ale type bar and  a cocktail place too. 

looks like Tubourg town has bitten the dust though

1 minute ago, m4tt said:

I'm wondering if it's the fountain hard shelters. The map quality is to bad to really see

Amazing they’ve released the maps with much fanfare and they’re illegible!

Wheres the PDF Melvin?

5 hours ago, Quorn said:

You really hate letting people live their lives, don’t you? First saying the festival shouldn’t go ahead because of safety concerns around covid and then judging people who decide to wear masks to feel safer around covid. It’s quite sad man

Where did I say festivals shouldn't go ahead? I don't blame people, I blame the people who put things in place, let's just get that right.

I'd rather people could get out there worry free and enjoy their lives for all it's worth but unfortunately certain rules set has led to thousands of reasons why others now know what is coming their way. That is the fault behind FR and such like, not me. 

You are right it is sad, it's very sad if people feel the need to wear a face mask when attending a music event or any big event. I genuinely feel bad for them if that is what the world has come to. 

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Where did I say festivals shouldn't go ahead? I don't blame people, I blame the people who put things in place, let's just get that right.

I'd rather people could get out there worry free and enjoy their lives for all it's worth but unfortunately certain rules set has led to thousands of reasons why others now know what is coming their way. That is the fault behind FR and such like, not me. 

You are right it is sad, it's very sad if people feel the need to wear a face mask when attending a music event or any big event. I genuinely feel bad for them if that is what the world has come to. 

I’m not committed enough to scroll back through the hundreds of pages of posts, but you seem to be forgetting when you reappeared during discussions of whether the festival would go ahead a few months ago and complained that it was irresponsible and that all of us were being hypocrites for wanting to go. I also have no idea where I said you were blaming people haha. I get that your whole persona is this guy whose only opinions are the opposite of whatever the majority is saying, but just try to lighten up a bit

26 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You have repeatedly said in the not too distant past that you would rather festivals not go ahead than you have to do a lateral flow test to gain entry. 

What do you mean ‘if that is what the world has come to?’ Of course that is what the world has come to, we’ve just been in the throes of a global pandemic where masks have been a massive help in preventing the spread. Masks are going to be seen in public for years to come. Do you think it is sad that people in Asia have been walking around cities wearing masks for years out of personal choice? Is it sad that people have the power to make a personal choice? 

Let people enjoy themselves. If that enjoyment comes with them choosing to wear a mask, who cares? How does that effect you personally in any way? Because that sounds like you are blaming people for, again, choosing to wear a mask (it’s not enforced), not those ‘who put things in place’, as you say. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 6

Also, I have to ask: do you need to present ID upon entry? only asking because I've recently had to send off my passport to be renewed, I don't think it'll be back in time..

I'm thinking of getting one of those PASS ID cards, I know they're not really that well recognised but considering my eyesight is bad enough for me to be legally barred from getting a driving license, and I'm at that age where I get asked for ID all the time, it's the only option I really have

It says on the website that they're accepted, but are they? You reckon anyone will know what it is?

Edited by JamieB1830

9 minutes ago, JamieB1830 said:

Also, I have to ask: do you need to present ID upon entry? only asking because I've recently had to send off my passport to be renewed, I don't think it'll be back in time..

I'm thinking of getting one of those PASS ID cards, I know they're not really that well recognised but considering my eyesight is bad enough for me to be legally barred from getting a driving license, and I'm at that age where I get asked for ID all the time, it's the only option I really have

It says on the website that they're accepted, but are they? You reckon anyone will know what it is?

You need ID to get booze. I think you used to be able to get a wristband to provide you're over 18 so you don't have to keep show ID. No idea if they still do.

10 minutes ago, JamieB1830 said:

If you're attempting to get drink in and you look under the age of 25 i imagine you're going to get ID'd, maybe the average tom, dick or harry wouldn't know what a PASS ID is but luckily you'll be presenting it to someone who works security, who i'm sure will be more than familiar with it, you should be alright mate

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

You have repeatedly said in the not too distant past that you would rather festivals not go ahead than you have to do a lateral flow test to gain entry. 

What do you mean ‘if that is what the world has come to?’ Of course that is what the world has come to, we’ve just been in the throes of a global pandemic where masks have been a massive help in preventing the spread. Masks are going to be seen in public for years to come. Do you think it is sad that people in Asia have been walking around cities wearing masks for years out of personal choice? Is it sad that people have the power to make a personal choice? 

Let people enjoy themselves. If that enjoyment comes with them choosing to wear a mask, who cares? How does that effect you personally in any way? Because that sounds like you are blaming people for, again, choosing to wear a mask (it’s not enforced), not those ‘who put things in place’, as you say. 

Everyone chill.

Can we get back on track to looking forward to this bleedin' festival?! 

Masks or no masks, this is a sell out and everyone is going to have a damn good time!!!

8 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

If you're attempting to get drink in and you look under the age of 25 i imagine you're going to get ID'd, maybe the average tom, dick or harry wouldn't know what a PASS ID is but luckily you'll be presenting it to someone who works security, who i'm sure will be more than familiar with it, you should be alright mate

Maybe I’ll just grow out my stubble a bit…😂

Alright cheers pal, proper looking forward to it honestly, I couldn’t go in 2019 because of a family emergency, 2020 was cancelled, so if I don’t get covid this week I should be good at last lmao

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Good job you’re not going then  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

What time do the gates open Wednesday Reading please

When they're ready is the answer...

Or at least has been traditionally, I think they open up when they get the green light that everything is all set, normally long before the advertised time (which is 6pm isnt it?)

40 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

Can anyone help, my friend has tested positive for Covid. I’ve transferred the ticket to him but obviously he can’t go. How do we sell the ticket on, if we can?

Is there an option for him to transfer it? The deadline is tomorrow to do the original transfer but not sure what happens after that.

3 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Long shot but re the Leeds map, have the three east car parks always been there, and are they open to everyone? I’m arriving Friday morning and joining my mates in the campervan site so I don’t want to trek from the normal main car park if I can help it

FE4022FC-83CC-43B9-A54F-0213A5F9DE7C.jpeg

Should deffo be ok to park there from Friday morning at least. I was wondering about this,they've put the east car parks on the map this year,I could be wrong but I think this is the first time they've done that since around 2013/14, I think they've just used the car park that end of the campsite just for day ticket holders since 2015 but with them showing on the official map this year I'm wondering if they'll be available to weekenders to use from the weds/thurs as well as the usual parking South of site, did hear somebody mention they got rid of the east (or brown as it used to be known) car parks for weekenders from 2015 due to lower ticket sales,more people car sharing or using public transport to get to site but if they've brought it back this year I for one will be chuffed as an elder festival goer these days I was looking to camp in brown so would be ideal for us.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Benj said:

When they're ready is the answer...

Or at least has been traditionally, I think they open up when they get the green light that everything is all set, normally long before the advertised time (which is 6pm isnt it?)

2pm

But yes, usually earlier. 

(sorry, I should say Leeds. Idk if it's diff for R)

Edited by Cammers

10 minutes ago, Tyler_Durden said:

Should deffo be ok to park there from Friday morning at least. I was wondering about this,they've put the east car parks on the map this year,I could be wrong but I think this is the first time they've done that since around 2013/14, I think they've just used the car park that end of the campsite just for day ticket holders since 2015 but with them showing on the official map this year I'm wondering if they'll be available to weekenders to use from the weds/thurs as well as the usual parking South of site, did hear somebody mention they got rid of the east (or brown as it used to be known) car parks for weekenders from 2015 due to lower ticket sales,more people car sharing or using public transport to get to site but if they've brought it back this year I for one will be chuffed as an elder festival goer these days I was looking to camp in brown so would be ideal for us.

Thanks a lot for that mate, my brother was directed to the east car park in 2019 after he nipped home on the Saturday.

That’s exactly my thinking, we walked from the bus drop off to Brown in 2019 and it nearly killed us. Praying for the easy car park to be open, want to be supping in camp as early as possible!