2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, thetime said:

That should be no reason for the cancellation, they just need better security and a better system in place. It is like saying every time there is an accident, events should not take place.

Never been to a silent disco myself, don't people just go for a short time anyway? Or do people spend the evening in them? One good thing about reading is people can head off to the centre and a few bars.

Nail on the head this, they just took the easy option to get rid of it. People spend maybe an hour in it on average obviously the queue is really slow theres maybe 2k people in each one i’d say.

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Aye, town full of pubs, bars, clubs willing to take your custom. 

I guess the problem with the Thursday, with nothing else to do, the demand is going to be so much greater than any other time so provisioning it for that would prob take a whole world of extra room that would otherwise be wasted.

They could just convert it to camping on the Friday AM, for late comers etc, although that in itself may cause issues

Reading is a bit of a dump honestly, good for the businesses though and obviously something that allows the festival to get its license. Nothing is really open on Thursday though honestly (3/4 main clubs are shut thursdays in the town centre) and they haven’t been given much time to plan stuff. Would have been good if they did something similar to Boardmasters with proper afterparties on the wednesday/thursday that have acts people want to go and see.

38 minutes ago, gfa said:

Nail on the head this, they just took the easy option to get rid of it. People spend maybe an hour in it on average obviously the queue is really slow theres maybe 2k people in each one i’d say.

Reading is a bit of a dump honestly, good for the businesses though and obviously something that allows the festival to get its license. Nothing is really open on Thursday though honestly (3/4 main clubs are shut thursdays in the town centre) and they haven’t been given much time to plan stuff. Would have been good if they did something similar to Boardmasters with proper afterparties on the wednesday/thursday that have acts people want to go and see.

Yup, surprise more places don't, maybe its a council/ licensing thing and they don't want 50k teens rampaging round the place. The leisure centre used to have stuff on but that was knocked on the head 10 years+ back.

Purple Turtle will be open late and busy, it always is, as are a couple of other pubs at least.

I quite like Reading town centre, surprised its got such a bad rep

51 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yup, surprise more places don't, maybe its a council/ licensing thing and they don't want 50k teens rampaging round the place. The leisure centre used to have stuff on but that was knocked on the head 10 years+ back.

Rivermead centre used to be the only Thursday night entertainment back in the day(late 90/early 00's)I remember it not being very busy on the Thursday night anyway and a bit naff.

Forgive me for being a lazy bastard but just picked up a few Sunday tickets on the cheap to catch Biffy, after not paying attention to this thread for a good few months. Any concrete idea on who’s likely to replace MGK at this stage or are we thinking it’ll just be an overall bump up instead?

10 minutes ago, stanh said:

honestly i'd love carti or ski mask, but architects would be unreal too - all an upgrade from MGK at least

i'm holding out all hope for carti showing up on the mainstage, still not gotten over him cancelling in 2018 (although i think it was due to his asthma so he can't be blamed) so would love to see him this year.. if he does show up for ALT LDN then there's no reason he couldn't play if he's in the country

30 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

i'm holding out all hope for carti showing up on the mainstage, still not gotten over him cancelling in 2018 (although i think it was due to his asthma so he can't be blamed) so would love to see him this year.. if he does show up for ALT LDN then there's no reason he couldn't play if he's in the country

I really can’t see it, surely ALTLDN wouldn’t allow it? Considering he’s the headliner and they still have tickets to sell. 

2 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I really can’t see it, surely ALTLDN wouldn’t allow it? Considering he’s the headliner and they still have tickets to sell. 

Yeh maybe not but i feel like a festival like ALT LDN wouldn't have much say in the happenings of Festival Republic, they seem like a small events company (at least in comparison to FR) and if they don't have Carti on an exclusive deal then i can't imagine they'd be able to stop R+L from booking him

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

ALT LDN is run by the same company as Reading and Leeds is. And R+L is a more valuable festival to FR.

Never mind, didn't realise it was the same company

EDIT: Was wondering how Festival Republic fit in as i saw the Louder Entertainment tag on the bottom, just clocked FR's now though

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Just a quick question to those that have been to festivals this summer.

What are people doing with the wearing of masks? Are people still wearing them in certain situations(indoor venues)? 

Or is it rare that you see someone with a mask on.

I wear mine at indoor gigs. Outdoors, I’m more chilled out with it. 

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

What are people doing with the wearing of masks? Are people still wearing them in certain situations(indoor venues)? 

I didn’t see many wearing a mask at Bloodstock.

Obviously most of it was outside but people weren’t generally wearing them in the tents either 

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Latitude had the odd mask here and there but as a whole they weren't really worn other than a couple inside the main tent but they were non-existent on the main stage which was all outside. Generally it was older attendees wearing them but obviously R+L is a younger demographic so I'm not sure how it'll be 

19 minutes ago, thetime said:

In the past few weeks I’ve seen a huge drop in mask wearing. People don’t really wear them in pubs anymore either.  I think the only places I see people wearing them now is on the tube / in a shop. Festivals I’d leave them at home.

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Surely FR would prioritise the festival that still has tickets to sell though? R&L is sold out, they could just put anyone in there. 

I can’t see ALT LDN selling many more tickets now to be honest, even less to people who are at Reading/Leeds in the days leading up to it.

14 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I can’t see ALT LDN selling many more tickets now to be honest, even less to people who are at Reading/Leeds in the days leading up to it.

August bank holiday has always been stacked with festivals, even more so this August.

I know it's not direct competition but people will be at reading/leeds/creamfields/APE, victorious, sw4 and that of the top of my head. 

Bad planning on the timing, perhaps should of waited until 2022.