2021 Lineup

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

How has the organisation been poor? 

Mainly the ticket transfer fiasco and the lack of updates when social media (not just us) has been melting down about covid, overseas acts etc. I appreciate leaving the app etc till next week is more akin to how it used to be going back a few years but in 2019 everything, including schedule, was available early August. Covid will have obviously caused them hassle but it’s more of a reason to keep people informed. All I’m really after is the set times now the map is out, albeit a leaked version

25 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Mainly the ticket transfer fiasco and the lack of updates when social media (not just us) has been melting down about covid, overseas acts etc. I appreciate leaving the app etc till next week is more akin to how it used to be going back a few years but in 2019 everything, including schedule, was available early August. Covid will have obviously caused them hassle but it’s more of a reason to keep people informed. All I’m really after is the set times now the map is out, albeit a leaked version

The ticket transfer thing isn’t really their fault though, it’s Ticketmaster’s. 2019, not this year, was the anomaly with everything being announced so early. 

It’ll all come early next week. 

25 minutes ago, Benj said:

There is no chance some random Eurovision band pitches up at Reading having never played in the country before. 

90% of goers wouldn’t even have ever heard of them. I hadn’t!

Since winning Eurovision they’ve had 3 different songs in the UK charts, the last 2 both in the top 10.

They also currently have the 4th most streamed song in the world on Spotify (and the 15th).

Id say the majority of the Reading and Leeds audience would be fully aware of them at this point.

28 minutes ago, Benj said:

There is no chance some random Eurovision band pitches up at Reading having never played in the country before. 

90% of goers wouldn’t even have ever heard of them. I hadn’t!

They have played the UK before at a venue that’s down the road from me which holds about 500ish people. I was then shocked to see how popular they were on Spotify recently as I didn’t know they had won Eurovision.

18 minutes ago, King101 said:

Since winning Eurovision they’ve had 3 different songs in the UK charts, the last 2 both in the top 10.

They also currently have the 4th most streamed song in the world on Spotify (and the 15th).

Id say the majority of the Reading and Leeds audience would be fully aware of them at this point.

Isn’t the official UK chart basically grannies buying Westlife singles/ Eurovision songs

Have they managed to get onto the Spotify streaming charts?

Just now, Benj said:

Isn’t the official UK chart basically grannies buying Westlife singles/ Eurovision songs

Have they managed to get onto the Spotify streaming charts?

Just checked. No10 at the mo. Gonna have a listen!

I just saw Maneskin last weekend at Rock for People festival in the Czech Republic. They got huge really fast and definitely the a band for gen z, so they could easily replace MGK.

Half of the setlist were covers, their hit song was played 3 times (normal, Iggy Pop version and as encore)... the kids loved it (actually not sure, if they know the original songs except Harry Styles or billie eilish covers)... nothing special about the band.

Good thing is, that many kids came to the festival to see them and left with better bands to listen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sugar Cane said:

I just saw Maneskin last weekend at Rock for People festival in the Czech Republic. They got huge really fast and definitely the a band for gen z, so they could easily replace MGK.

Half of the setlist were covers, their hit song was played 3 times (normal, Iggy Pop version and as encore)... the kids loved it (actually not sure, if they know the original songs except Harry Styles or billie eilish covers)... nothing special about the band.

Good thing is, that many kids came to the festival to see them and left with better bands to listen.

Eastern Europeans into dodgy music shocker!