2021 Lineup

Squid?!?!? Best act on the line-up by a margin. They were immense at Latitude. If you haven't listened to Bright Green Field your in for a treat. There's not many bands making music like Squid right now, they're something pretty special.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Benj said:

What’s boardmasters actually like

Are there loads of parties in pubs/ enclosed places etc too? Seems bizarre so many seem to have caught it there compared to other festivals. It can’t just be the demographics. 

Oh to be fair there actually are, there was boat parties and club nights on the Thursday and loads of tents, i guess it spread there and then was contagious by the saturday/sunday so because of the long length it would be spreading then spreading again. Also it was seriously young, same as R&L i would say 80% under 20 so loads of people had no jab or just the one. Also younger demographic = more likely to be an idiot and fake tests i guess

19 minutes ago, gfa said:

Oh to be fair there actually are, there was boat parties and club nights on the Thursday and loads of tents, i guess it spread there and then was contagious by the saturday/sunday so because of the long length it would be spreading then spreading again. Also it was seriously young, same as R&L i would say 80% under 20 so loads of people had no jab or just the one. Also younger demographic = more likely to be an idiot and fake tests i guess

Aye, if many are there all week on an extended hol, in bars and stuff all week, it will spread like hell. There was similar outbreak in a beachside Party Town near me https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/01/us/provincetown-outbreak-residents-response/index.html . Loads caught it. Again rammed bars on a big holiday weekend. Vax rates are high in Massachusetts and even that didnt stop it.

Only real worry for R&L is whether it can be passed in crowds outside, which luckily doesn't seem to be to bad judging by Lollapalooza

Edited by Benj

If I'm lucky enough for Squid to be at Leeds on the Friday (please please please) I'd forgo any else that day to go and see them. Absolutely immense set at Latitude and genuinely one of the best live bands I've ever seen. Honestly the best act on that lineup the whole weekend, what an addition!

edit: Looks like I'm out of luck. I beg anyone who gets the chance to go catch their set, you won't regret it 

Edited by theesundayroast

2 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

am i just reading that map terribly or does it seem like they've completely scrapped the silent disco to make room for Anachronica in a new location, wonder why the decision has been made to move it so drastically to the other-side of the campsite

Never mind i was completely reading it wrong, although on the Legend it does look like they have Anachronica down as Tent 8 rather than the silent disco although Anachronica is still in its original location

2 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

am i just reading that map terribly or does it seem like they've completely scrapped the silent disco to make room for Anachronica in a new location, wonder why the decision has been made to move it so drastically to the other-side of the campsite

Anachronica was down in those woods last time. It’s hideous anyway, like walking into the set Dawn of the Dead. Every single brain at that stage is fried beyond all belief. 

7 minutes ago, m4tt said:

I think there's 2 possibilities: 

1. There are no changes - hence no announcement
  2. There are changes, and they're struggling confirm replacements - hence no announcement

But if it's 2, it would be reasonable for them to just say "Unfortunately so and so can no longer play, replacements will be announced very soon."  Reading's comms are lacking as ever.

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Anachronica was down in those woods last time. It’s hideous anyway, like walking into the set Dawn of the Dead. Every single brain at that stage is fried beyond all belief. 

Yeh only wandered into there once and don't remember a single thing about it, thankfully most of my nights are spent walking between Relentless and Piccadilly anyways

4 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

But if it's 2, it would be reasonable for them to just say "Unfortunately so and so can no longer play, replacements will be announced very soon."  Reading's comms are lacking as ever.

The news will be less disappointing to a lot of people if there are new acts stepping in. Finding the replacements first limits the damage from an act pulling out

3 minutes ago, Quorn said:

The news will be less disappointing to a lot of people if there are new acts stepping in. Finding the replacements first limits the damage from an act pulling out

Especially if those acts are high up on the bill like MGK or Post, I couldnt imagine the Twitter reaction if they announced Post Malone wasn’t there but there was no replacement already announced. 

A lot of talk on twitter about Bad Boy Chiller Crew being bumped up onto main... I know they've blown up recently but not to the same extent as Billie Eilish in 2019... Can't see it, and surely they wouldnt go any higher than 1st or 2nd, can't see how they would work on the main stage at 12-1pm