2021 Lineup

27 minutes ago, RonanM said:

MGK has now removed ALT LDN from his site.... it was still there as of a few hours ago (strangely R&L were never listed). I think that pretty much confirms he's out though.

https://www.machinegunkelly.com/tour

If so, let’s start the Girl in Red promotion here.

Shuffle up Wolf Alice and Youngblud, Girl in Red under them, someone else to headline the FR

👍🏼

• Upvote 4

hey all, just wanted to drop in and say i hope everyone enjoys it, i’m a reading virgin myself this’ll be my first time going.

i very nearly sold my ticket to be honest because my friends have been flaky as fuck, but they’re all excited now, as am i 🙂 

quick question, since i haven’t read back over this thread, it’s 420 pages long - the two main stages, the performances all gonna be at staggered times? i really don’t want to have to choose between liam gallagher and biffy ahaha

The news out of Boardmasters festival is terrifying - more or less everyone that went seems to have tested positive for covid. Seems like a lot of unvaccinated people but still, definitely got to be people faking lateral flows etc too though. Too deep in to say no to Leeds now but is anyone taking any precautions for themselves or are we all just going to hope for the best? I’m double jabbed so hoping it’ll be fine but wondering what everyone else’s stances on it are

17 minutes ago, JamieB1830 said:

hey all, just wanted to drop in and say i hope everyone enjoys it, i’m a reading virgin myself this’ll be my first time going.

i very nearly sold my ticket to be honest because my friends have been flaky as fuck, but they’re all excited now, as am i 🙂 

quick question, since i haven’t read back over this thread, it’s 420 pages long - the two main stages, the performances all gonna be at staggered times? i really don’t want to have to choose between liam gallagher and biffy ahaha

main stages won't clash. liam gallagher will be on after biffy, not sure how long after but i assume a good 10?15 minutes at least as they'll want to wait for everyone to move from stage to stage and buy drinks and what not

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

The news out of Boardmasters festival is terrifying - more or less everyone that went seems to have tested positive for covid. Seems like a lot of unvaccinated people but still, definitely got to be people faking lateral flows etc too though. Too deep in to say no to Leeds now but is anyone taking any precautions for themselves or are we all just going to hope for the best? I’m double jabbed so hoping it’ll be fine but wondering what everyone else’s stances on it are

it was inevitable if you’re throwing a festival amidst a pandemic. i’ll be taking a bottle of antibac and praying my second jab actually works, other than that i’m just going for it

me and my parents are double jabbed so that’s my mind at ease

Edited by JamieB1830

7 hours ago, K2001 said:

Feel they’ll announce MGK tomorrow if it’s real. Unless of course there’s an issue with Post Malone as well and they’re trying to sort it and announce together…

Band announcements seem to come out shortly after midday. Keep your eyes peeled.

They still need to announce the rest of the comedy stage too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

I went to the England vs Italy game and got covid there so hoping my immunity sees me through. End of the day it’s now about risk and reward and you need to do whatever you’re comfortable with doing! I agree it is a concern tho

25 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

I went to the England vs Italy game and got covid there so hoping my immunity sees me through. End of the day it’s now about risk and reward and you need to do whatever you’re comfortable with doing! I agree it is a concern tho

Yh I had COVID a bit before this, mid June, so I have some sort of immunity. Only single jabbed tho, haven’t gone back to my walk in centre because I got covid

25 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

I personally (along with all my family and the friends im going with) are double vaccinated and I will likely do a lateral flow before and after the festival so my risk is very low. However if I was to get it, thats the risk im willing to take to be back in at live music- I would not regret a thing. 

• Like 1

It's about finding the balance between mitigating risk but still enjoying your time. For me, it's sticking to the back or sides of indoor tents and not mingling with groups of unvaccinated teens (easy to do when over 30!) I'll be sticking to my small group and hoping for the best. At the moment, the weather is looking on our side too.

5 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

It's about finding the balance between mitigating risk but still enjoying your time. For me, it's sticking to the back or sides of indoor tents and not mingling with groups of unvaccinated teens (easy to do when over 30!) I'll be sticking to my small group and hoping for the best. At the moment, the weather is looking on our side too.

Will be doing exactly the same, as well as obviously taking an LFT before and after the event!

The conditions of Boardmasters toilets etc definitely didn’t help, it made Reading’s longdrops look like a toilet showroom. I heard of people there who got it from Latitude getting it again it was that bad, hopefully R&L will be better as more of the crowd will have at least got a single jab (barely any of the under 18s at Boardmasters will have had it). People definitely were faking the lateral flow tests but its very hard to stop that given how easy the system is to abuse. If your going to gigs all winter you are going to get it so once you have the second dose just accept it honestly in my opinion - thats what I did at latitude so i didn’t get it when i had tons of events like now

2 hours ago, m4tt said:

Band announcements seem to come out shortly after midday. Keep your eyes peeled.

They still need to announce the rest of the comedy stage too.

Yeah I feel this may come today tbh , we’re now officially one week out from acts starting fully across the weekend on all stages and they need to finish the alternative stage and anybody else who may pull out (MGK, Posty potentially etc.) and we have a right to know - not like some other years where they’ve stuck it on a board especially because this year is mainly due to COVID 😂 even next year I feel will be weird - acts wise. They’ll want some who were scheduled to be there this year etc.

but yeah, this year is so close now I’m excited!! Just hope we hear more from FR / R&L about the acts sooner rather than later

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

MGK is out, isn’t he 😞 jxdn also doesn’t have R&L on his tour gates page anymore either. I’m fully expecting City Morgue to pull too.

City Morgue’s Islington date next Thursday is still listed on Seetickets, Ticketmaster etc. Getting to the point now where they’ll surely have made up their mind, or at least that’s what I’m hoping. Convinced they’ll be that one act that cancels on the day

7 hours ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

When you say everyone who went, are your referring to a group of people you know or widespread community spreading at the festival?

If people are sharing a tent/ car etc then it can obv spread between a group of friends very easily, as it would anywhere.  Or is the suggestion that it was caught in the crowds?

8 hours ago, iistroudley said:

In other news I saw nothing but thieves tonight in kingston. A fantastic set and they will smash it next week!

I was there too, his voice is as ridiculous live as it is on the recordings, can’t wait to see them again

21 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

MGK is out, isn’t he 😞 jxdn also doesn’t have R&L on his tour gates page anymore either. I’m fully expecting City Morgue to pull too.

International acts pulling at this stage is presumably because they are not fully vaccinated and have failed to allow for the quarantine period. Or they just don't think it's worth the effort.

City Morgue have a London show on 26th August which hasn't been pulled yet. I think it's Zilla only though.

20 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Has there been any official figures released about how many got COVID at boardmasters?

Or is it based on a comparatively small number of the 50000 there posting on Twitter and tiktok or whatever?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSxHoEvg2Dj/?utm_medium=copy_link

I think the top comment says it all, Newquay is now UK covid hotspot etc. It was seriously bad I know nobody who hasn’t got it that didn’t have natural immunity/double vax. Huge groups of like 20-30 people were all getting it excepy maybe 1 or 2

26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

RE jxdn, it's never been on his tour pages either. Back in July, I went through the international acts tour pages out of curiosity and posted that R&L were missing from jxdn, MGK and Denzel Curry's pages.

7 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

RE jxdn, it's never been on his tour pages either. Back in July, I went through the international acts tour pages out of curiosity and posted that R&L were missing from jxdn, MGK and Denzel Curry's pages.

Ahh ok! Still, I wouldn’t be expecting him to come over. He’s on the MGK US tour early September.