2021 Lineup

5 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

You me at Six have been liking a few posts on Twitter about them replacing MGK. Not sure if this means anything but their tour starts the week after R&L so could be a strong contender, or possibly for a secret set?

I know this forum isn’t the fondest of YMAS but they were my highlight set of 2019, I think they’d fit in below Yungblud if they were the replacement

Just now, Padjeq said:

Just listening to Yungblud on Radio 1. He said something to the effect of 'I'm second headliner on the second stage at leeds'. He's third on the poster, with MGK in second. Most credible source yet imo.

He is above MGK at Leeds. MGK is subbing Reading, YB Leeds. 

1 hour ago, Brandohoff said:

Looks like the second stage is going where the FR & dance stage was at leeds. 

EFF6F8DE-43A5-4DE6-8AC9-8C0FF8AF9B1A.jpeg

Ok,so I know we can only speculate due to a distant & 'not the best angle' image, but the placement of Main Stage 2 is slightly worrying......the space of the area for any larger than ordinary/headliner sized crowd seems not right, especially to leave access to MS1? 

Be nice to get some thoughts off others!

17 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

You me at Six have been liking a few posts on Twitter about them replacing MGK. Not sure if this means anything but their tour starts the week after R&L so could be a strong contender, or possibly for a secret set?

Please no, I literally had an hour-long kip in front of the main stage while they were on in 2019. I get why a lot of people like them but they’re very samey

2 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Please no, I literally had an hour-long kip in front of the main stage while they were on in 2019. I get why a lot of people like them but they’re very samey

They’re like the wombats for me, used to listen to them in my teens, not really into them now but alright for a drunken singalong I guess 😂

3 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

They’re like the wombats for me, used to listen to them in my teens, not really into them now but alright for a drunken singalong I guess 😂

I knew they’d draw that comparison off someone 😂 They’ll both appeal to a good number of people but they’re not exactly new and exciting! Joy Division will still go off mind

12 minutes ago, WillSLeedsFVet said:

Ok,so I know we can only speculate due to a distant & 'not the best angle' image, but the placement of Main Stage 2 is slightly worrying......the space of the area for any larger than ordinary/headliner sized crowd seems not right, especially to leave access to MS1? 

The angle of what’s being built, doesn’t even look like it is facing the original main stage 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, WillSLeedsFVet said:

Surely they’d have to move the Introducing and Pit stages as well as the 1Xtra? It’ll make one hell of a bottleneck if people are moving between the two banks of trees for every main stage changeover

36 minutes ago, WillSLeedsFVet said:

Never been to Leeds but yes that looks incredibly daft from that pic and the map

1 hour ago, WillSLeedsFVet said:

The stage will be facing diagonally towards where the nme stage use to be thats surely got to be the case, people will be able to pass round the back of the crowds that way, Quite fascinated as to where the other stages will be as they won’t want them in the middle (top of the hill) surely 🤷🏼‍♂️

9 minutes ago, heartsink said:

The stage will be facing diagonally towards where the nme stage use to be thats surely got to be the case, people will be able to pass round the back of the crowds that way, Quite fascinated as to where the other stages will be as they won’t want them in the middle (top of the hill) surely 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m certain that back in 2010/11-ish, the Lock Up/Dance stage used to be to the right of the Main Stage*, round about where they have the ATM machines these days. I guess a tent could go there again? 

*can anyone help me out with that one?

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I’m certain that back in 2010/11-ish, the Lock Up/Dance stage used to be to the right of the Main Stage*, round about where they have the ATM machines these days. I guess a tent could go there again? 

*can anyone help me out with that one?

Yeah so I think the main stage moved in 2011 prior to that the dance stage/lock up was right at the back of it, tried showing this on the picture below (yellow mark was main, red was the shared dance/lock up) 

60D8C271-D1CA-4397-96FF-9A1F2710F2F0.jpeg

4 minutes ago, heartsink said:

Yeah so I think the main stage moved in 2011 prior to that the dance stage/lock up was right at the back of it, tried showing this on the picture below (yellow mark was main, red was the shared dance/lock up) 

60D8C271-D1CA-4397-96FF-9A1F2710F2F0.jpeg

I honestly thought that’s where both the stages would be this year, it made the most sense

I honestly thought that’s where both the stages would be this year, it made the most sense

That would've been hellishly busy looking at the space. I assume a big crowd would normally fill that whole area and there wouldnt be a second stage to suck any of them away this year

The yellow location also points straight at the town centre, so probably where it is now helps with noise

5 minutes ago, Cammers said:

Slightly off topic - 

For Leeds, there was no real confirmation of Relentless still being a thing or even if that area is still going to be used.

I might have missed it but is there any info on this? 

It’s been renamed the LS23 Stage and there’s a full lineup out for it. Look at the bottom of the poster on the official Leeds website 🙂