2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, VCK said:

It seems to me like the second Main Stage is similar to the Other Stage at Glastonbury. It might work, scrapping the NME/R1 Tent for good and just having an open air second stage.

It's only reading/leeds out of the majors that doesn't have the 2nd stage open aired. Even the now defunct festivals like V and TITP had open aire 2nd stages. 

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

If that person on Twitter has made it all up to try and get some weird clout, they’re a proper dweeb. 

It's plausible because of the drummer announcing a show but could also be made up. It's not unheard of to have someone on Twitter and the internet be a dweeb/lie about something to get likes.

8 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Anyone seen Twin Atlantic’s your dates?

They’re playing London Thursday 26th, and Leeds on Sunday 29th. Surely must make an appearance at some point.

They're playing London on Wed and Leeds on Thurs, and Southampton on Sun. So if they do play I assume it will be Leeds Fri and Reading Sat. But then they'll have done 8 days in a row so I doubt it.

18 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

They're playing London on Wed and Leeds on Thurs, and Southampton on Sun. So if they do play I assume it will be Leeds Fri and Reading Sat. But then they'll have done 8 days in a row so I doubt it.

Not sure whats going on with that. See tickets is showing my ticket (London) as postponed. Might just be a technical error as it was postponed from the original date.

Edit: must be a technical glitch, as you can still buy tickets.

Edited by m4tt

Im just a day ticket holder this year for Friday at Leeds, would be slightly disappointed if MGK isn’t there, wasn’t really that into him but after being convinced by my gf to listen to his album I feel he will be a big loss to the line up as it is a great album. But obviously these things were always going to happen, could be even more casualties if bands or crew start failing covid tests.

in terms of a replacement it’s surely got to be don broco 

would prefer enter, idles that some have suggested but neither seem active and would probably turn it down. While I write this though I’d just remembered Frank Carter was a secret set.(supposedly confirmed)? So that is probably the replacement as it will make the most sense in terms of logistics 

2 minutes ago, heartsink said:

would prefer enter, idles that some have suggested but neither seem active and would probably turn it down.

IDLES couldn't be any more active, they start a UK tour on Monday (with a gap over R&L weekend).

39 minutes ago, WFD said:

IDLES couldn't be any more active, they start a UK tour on Monday (with a gap over R&L weekend).

Ahh yes great spot, for some reason I thought they had postponed their whole tour untill next year. Are those dates new ones or re-arranged does anyone know? 

seems strange they haven’t kept the uk dates together, nice big gap for when R&L is also 😬😬

1 hour ago, heartsink said:

Im just a day ticket holder this year for Friday at Leeds, would be slightly disappointed if MGK isn’t there, wasn’t really that into him but after being convinced by my gf to listen to his album I feel he will be a big loss to the line up as it is a great album. But obviously these things were always going to happen, could be even more casualties if bands or crew start failing covid tests.

in terms of a replacement it’s surely got to be don broco 

would prefer enter, idles that some have suggested but neither seem active and would probably turn it down. While I write this though I’d just remembered Frank Carter was a secret set.(supposedly confirmed)? So that is probably the replacement as it will make the most sense in terms of logistics 

Broco are headlining Slam Dunk the weekend after so they’ll be ready to go. 

12 hours ago, VCK said:

It seems to me like the second Main Stage is similar to the Other Stage at Glastonbury. It might work, scrapping the NME/R1 Tent for good and just having an open air second stage.

It’s not a problem it being open air or having bigger bands. 

it’s the fact we’ve lost a stage to accommodate it, and with less bands playing on it, due to the no clashes thing, than the old setup, that’s 30-40 less bands to choose from

Edited by Benj
  • Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Benj said:

It’s not a problem it being open air or having bigger bands. 

it’s the fact we’ve lost a stage to accommodate it, and with less bands playing on it, due to the no clashes thing, than the old setup, that’s 30-40 less bands to choose from

Spot on, the best things about the R1 were the atmosphere and the extra variety it offers vs the main stage. With no R1 and no Pit stage on the LG day it’s shit or bust for me that day so it’s a good job the lineups on the main stages are decent 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Get over it, guys. The R1 isn’t a thing this year (maybe ever again). Enjoy this year’s festival. 

It doesn’t bother me personally, every year there’s 30-35 acts I’d watch and this year’s no different. Historically the R1 has been my favourite stage but I doubt anyone’s festival is going to hinge on the existence of one stage.

Less than a week to go, whoever anyone sees it’ll be belting

25 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

With no R1 and no Pit stage on the LG day it’s shit

I feel for the indie kids that have lost FR for 2 days.

I find it a bit strange FR has gone for those 2 days as so many of the main stage acts, their grass roots stage would have been FR.... so lots of people must like that kind of music

Edited by m4tt

1 minute ago, m4tt said:

I feel for the indie kids that have lost FR for 2 days.

I find it a bit strange FR has gone for those 2 days as so many of the main stage acts, their grass roots stage would have been FR.... so lots of people must like that kind of music

Yeah it’s the most ‘indie’ day by far so it’s very strange. Obviously not many people would go to the arena especially for the smaller stages but it could encourage people to stay at camp if they don’t fancy the main stage acts. Killing off two guitar-based stages in one go with the FR/Pit amalgamation which is shit as well

37 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Get over it, guys. The R1 isn’t a thing this year (maybe ever again). Enjoy this year’s festival. 

More than happy to see what its like this year. Ultimately though its hard to see how a reduction in choice can ever be a good thing, as subjectivity is so high with music, its rarely ever a Quantity over Quality thing.

Adding another little stage may be the best mix, if its decided to go with this format long term (given they've invested in the stages you'd assume so), if they can find the space somewhere.

Edited by Benj

7 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Yeah it’s the most ‘indie’ day by far so it’s very strange. Obviously not many people would go to the arena especially for the smaller stages but it could encourage people to stay at camp if they don’t fancy the main stage acts. Killing off two guitar-based stages in one go with the FR/Pit amalgamation which is shit as well

The Pit / Lock Up has had dwindling attendance for years: bands playing third down to a couple of hundred people and smaller and smaller bands being booked. Many have been expecting it to get scrapped altogether. It shouldn’t come as any surprise that it has been cut down. 

I never really go in the FR so can’t comment on its attendance but I’m sure it isn’t too dissimilar to The Pit/Lock Up. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

The Pit / Lock Up has had dwindling attendance for years: bands playing third down to a couple of hundred people and smaller and smaller bands being booked. Many have been expecting it to get scrapped altogether. It shouldn’t come as any surprise that it has been cut

Completely agree. Download pilot is showed what the pit could/should be

• Upvote 1