2021 Lineup

It’s obviously been mentioned before but there has to be another artist on the Friday MSW otherwise NBT aren’t opening. And I don’t think there’s much point them not opening as a special guest 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

TDCC and The Wombats are massive, massive bands who always pull giant crowds at the festival. There will be tens of thousands of people wanting to see both. 

I know R&L has a very young audience but some people really have taken the idea of the crowd at large not caring about the bands who are playing a bit too far. They’re playing those high positions for a reason. 

There’s a huge difference between wanting to see both and the whole festival stampeding between stages.

I’m not saying either band are shite (I like both) just that your massively underestimating how many people are hugely casual about it all and won’t care a jot if they miss a single song from the TDCC set.

I’m one of those people and I’m on a festival forum, 90% of those going prob haven’t a clue Wombats will be playing before TDCC at this point

50 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

It’s obviously been mentioned before but there has to be another artist on the Friday MSW otherwise NBT aren’t opening. And I don’t think there’s much point them not opening as a special guest 

Why wouldn't they be opening? They're the first name on the list for that stage and day so I assume they're opening. If they weren't a special guest they would be atleast a sub headliner

1 minute ago, Darberry said:

Why wouldn't they be opening? They're the first name on the list for that stage and day so I assume they're opening. If they weren't a special guest they would be atleast a sub headliner

I've never listened to them before, just been watching some live shows of them for the last few hours! Definitely gonna make me get my ass up to the main arena to watch them open!   

YUNGBLUD tweeted a couple of months ago that he has some surprises lined up for his sets at R&L and last night he brought out Oli Sykes in London to do Obey so I’m wagering that he will do the same at the festival. 

Song’s a banger so I’ll be really happy if it happens. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

YUNGBLUD tweeted a couple of months ago that he has some surprises lined up for his sets at R&L and last night he brought out Oli Sykes in London to do Obey so I’m wagering that he will do the same at the festival. 

That would be so good!

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Don't say Oli Sykes is already in the UK ahead of their September tour you'll get my hopes up for a secret set!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darberry said:

That’s what I’m saying, it makes no sense for them to not open, but that means one more artist needs to be named on that day

2 hours ago, Benj said:

There’s a huge difference between wanting to see both and the whole festival stampeding between stages.

I’m not saying either band are shite (I like both) just that your massively underestimating how many people are hugely casual about it all and won’t care a jot if they miss a single song from the TDCC set.

I’m one of those people and I’m on a festival forum, 90% of those going prob haven’t a clue Wombats will be playing before TDCC at this point

The person you’re replying to said there would be ‘tens of thousands’ of people who want to see both bands. 

You don’t think that 25,000-30,000 people all trying to move from one stage to another in a short space of time might be dangerous? 

I think you’re underestimating how many people will want to see both, and will care about missing even a single song. 

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

TDCC and The Wombats are massive, massive bands who always pull giant crowds at the festival. There will be tens of thousands of people wanting to see both. 

I know R&L has a very young audience but some people really have taken the idea of the crowd at large not caring about the bands who are playing a bit too far. They’re playing those high positions for a reason. 

Agreed on all point. As a massive dark fruits/landfill indie (whatever you want to call the genre) fan I’ve embraced that this place really underestimates the popularity of these bands (broadly speaking). 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

That would be awesome. 

Nailed on he’ll come out with KSI and MGK will come out for his set - but Oli coming out for Obey would be exceptional.

55 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

The person you’re replying to said there would be ‘tens of thousands’ of people who want to see both bands. 

You don’t think that 25,000-30,000 people all trying to move from one stage to another in a short space of time might be dangerous? 

I think you’re underestimating how many people will want to see both, and will care about missing even a single song. 

It’s nothing new, there’s often mass migration between stages, indeed with less overall stages and depending on the exact location of the new main stage, there may be less choke points than previously. 

The 20-30,000 keen types are well accounted for, what isn’t is the casual main stage campers, who may or may not move far more than normal. Their activity will ultimately dictate how easy it is to switch stages. it may actually be easier not having to wind your way through them! (Although ultimately youll just need to do it the other end)

If they clear out the middle of the Arena (ie Migrate the BBC introducing) and the Dance tent is moved to the FR/ Pit area it may even be easier to move than it has been previously

(Pic from Billie Eilish crowd, so will be much less for most bands. (Or will It with  no clashing acts?)

image.jpeg.df61475b1d616d7f9717b20d09ae473a.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

Has everyone got their tickets already?

As in are they sitting in your ticket master account or do you need to go somehwere to grab them?

I think peoples QR codes disappeared for a lot of people (including me and my friends) today after seeing RandLMill post about it earlier.

34 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I think peoples QR codes disappeared for a lot of people (including me and my friends) today after seeing RandLMill post about it earlier.

Just seen the Twitter post now when I’ve looked into it for my idiot mate who bought our tickets. 

Apparently his are greyed out so can’t be transferred. Dunno if they’re opening them up but by bit or if there’s different batches. His are 2020 rollovers bought on the instalment plan I think

4 minutes ago, Benj said:

Just seen the Twitter post now when I’ve looked into it for my idiot mate who bought our tickets. 

Apparently his are greyed out so can’t be transferred. Dunno if they’re opening them up but by bit or if there’s different batches. His are 2020 rollovers bought on the instalment plan I think

Mine where there this morning but have now disappeared- just looks as if theres issues on R&L and Ticketmasters part