2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

That introducing stage is proper quality this year isn’t it? STONE, Yard Act, Alfie Indra, Bonnie Kemplay, Calva Louise and Berwyn all really great acts. Really hoping for minimal clashes for Stone, Yard Act and Alfie Indra especially, have accepted with Calva Louise and Berwyn being headliners and subs respectively i’ll probably be elsewhere.

Can’t recommend Stone and Yard Act enough if you’re into your new wave post punk semi-spoken word style stuff 

STONE are great, so glad that they've made it to R+L as there's been some great artists and bands play on the Introducing and then go on to much bigger things, i'm hoping for the same for them. Liverpools music scene at the moment is buzzing and definitely should be on everyones radar.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

STONE are great, so glad that they've made it to R+L as there's been some great artists and bands play on the Introducing and then go on to much bigger things, i'm hoping for the same for them. Liverpools music scene at the moment is buzzing and definitely should be on everyones radar.

Agreed. Big up Courting

5 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Bar and toilet queues too...

I think those will actually be lessened as they were always heaving post and act on main stage finishing (the bogs anyway, the bars are never too bad but are at peak then). People will have to go why bands are on, so it should be more spread out

1 hour ago, Benj said:

I think those will actually be lessened as they were always heaving post and act on main stage finishing (the bogs anyway, the bars are never too bad but are at peak then). People will have to go why bands are on, so it should be more spread out

So basically even more piss showers in cups

9 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

What’s annoying is that the festival aren’t even keeping us up to date.

The fact Spiritbox have pulled out was discovered because someone spotted it on their instagram and Ho99o9 have been removed from the poster without comment.

Fair play to Bloodstock who have kept us up to date every time there is a line up change.

Unfortunately, this is not something new for RandL. In 2014 we bought tix mainly because of Chino Moreno's Crosses pretty much Europe exclusive gig in the Pit. The Band was removed from the poster without any explanation a month before the festival:/ I guess such things are inevitable when you're organizing a festival with 200+ bands. With the COVID situation, things are obviously worse...

I don't know if Daniel P Carter still curates the Pit. I'm sure (if possible) he'll come up with some quality replacements.
Let's see

Edited by r55N

58 minutes ago, r55N said:

I don't know if Daniel P Carter still curates the Pit. I'm sure (if possible) he'll come up with some quality replacements.
Let's see

Pretty much any band from the Download Pilot would fit the bill, and that was all put together at short notice. 

Also, Slam Dunk is the weekend after, so lots of bands on that bill should be ready with very little notice.

12 hours ago, Dukey said:

Feel like this is the start of US bands pulling out - Yungblud (lives in LA) and KennyHoopla are in the UK so they’re good to go

Yeah I got a sneaky suspicion this is the start of a few that’s gonna pull out - there were a lot last time but had a feeling we weren’t done

just hope they can get some suitable replacements in time - you can’t change the circumstances of them been pulled, but hopefully the replacements more than make up for it. 

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Malevolence. 

Really hoping that City Morgue don’t pull but I can also see it coming. 

City Morgue have got the app notification saying "unfortunately City Morgue are no longer able to perform" written all over them. Really hope it's not the case, R&L, a warm up in London and two gigs in Poland a couple of days after are all they have in Europe though, plus they have a gig in Chicago in the 21st

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Watched Lauran Hibberd at a local festival this weekend who is playing the introducing stage, well worth a watch. Good front woman and pretty catchy punky vibes is what I was getting. 

She's brilliant- saw her at a couple of small festivals in 2019 and she's released some even better music since. 

Holly Humberstone is also good

2 hours ago, r55N said:

Unfortunately, this is not something new for RandL. In 2014 we bought tix mainly because of Chino Moreno's Crosses pretty much Europe exclusive gig in the Pit. The Band was removed from the poster without any explanation a month before the festival:/ I guess such things are inevitable when you're organizing a festival with 200+ bands. With the COVID situation, things are obviously worse...

Let's see

Yeah, I remember that.

Trouble is I didn’t notice until a day or so before that they weren’t playing and was not happy.

2 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I thought Loathe as well. Hadn’t thought of Scarlxrd though

So many bands they could potentially cherry pick from, any of Loathe, Scarlxrd, Static Dress, Malevolence or While She Sleeps would be ideal. Can definitely see any of the first three but I'm not getting my hopes up for WSS

18 hours ago, TheWaters said:

If the second main is where the radio 1 stage was some of the stamepdes are going to be dangerous. The Wombats>TDCC for starters, there is no one watching the wombats who won’t wanna run straight to TDCC

This is exactly me. Literally going on Sunday for Wombats/Two Door.

If they don’t have a solid 20 mins between them the stampede will actually be a problem. 

2 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

If they don’t have a solid 20 mins between them the stampede will actually be a problem. 

I feel like the fans will be fairly calm though given its landfill indie. Will be busy but shouldn’t be too bad. Which way is it going also? From the r1 stage to main shouldn’t be bad as theres so much crowd control stuff but the other way could be as theres way less if its the same as before. I’m sure they have it all thought out anyway

41 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Wilderness and Latitude dealt with the drop outs so well. Confirmed each one at the time & their replacements. Reading's comms have never been great when it comes to this sort of thing though.

Most of these replacements were week of and due to corona for Latitude, whereas these are a fair bit before. Maybe they were banking on US acts being ok and are now stuck as they didn’t get enough replacements together. I guess they are just waiting for when they planned to announce the final lineup and will replace them then (or announce something if a big act drops out as its mostly been smaller ones)

20 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

It's people moving in the same direction, it'll be fine. Sonisphere and All Points East have had no clashes on their mainstages which needed a walk between them and there was no stampede.

1 hour ago, jump said:

It's people moving in the same direction, it'll be fine. Sonisphere and All Points East have had no clashes on their mainstages which needed a walk between them and there was no stampede.

Hope so. Would be pretty pissed if I missed part of either set because moving between stages is a hassle.