2021 Lineup

The radio one stage was also a refuge when the downpours arrived!

Also imagine KSI getting a massive crowd then Arizona Zervas following on a stage 10mins away, to an empty “main stage” as everyone’s just finished watching KSI and is now going to the bar/toilet. Kinda demoralising and embarrassing

35 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

If the second main is where the radio 1 stage was some of the stamepdes are going to be dangerous. The Wombats>TDCC for starters, there is no one watching the wombats who won’t wanna run straight to TDCC

this is what i’m thinking, it’s so bizzare to me. i’m going in with an open mind and am incredibly happy to be proved wrong but i thing the whole idea is so silly and won’t work in practice. 

48 minutes ago, r55N said:

Spiritbox just cancelled Reading because of the Limp Bizkit tour cancelation. (their instagram)

Can’t see how both things are connected unless Bizkit were supposed to be secret set.

shame really, was looking forward this gig:///

Jesus, I’ve just seen that news. Genuinely gutting. I was really looking forward to their set. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

There will be plenty of people, myself included, who have many, many back to back acts they want to see. 

Regardless of whether this is the case, it is an issue if the stages are too far apart. Advertising no clashes and then having the Main Stages more than a couple of minutes walk away from each other defeats the object of no clashes. You’re going to have tens of thousands of people migrating across the arena between every set. 

I maintain that side-by-side stages would have worked better. 

At Leeds they’ve surely got to be side by side, I don’t know where else they could physically fit another main stage. It’s going to have to be a fairly big rejig of the Leeds arena.

I’ve run from the front of the main stage to the front of the R1 plenty of times and it takes 5-10 minutes in the early afternoon noon so it’d be chaos if there was only a five minute changeover with headliners etc!

40 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

At Leeds they’ve surely got to be side by side, I don’t know where else they could physically fit another main stage. It’s going to have to be a fairly big rejig of the Leeds arena.

I’ve run from the front of the main stage to the front of the R1 plenty of times and it takes 5-10 minutes in the early afternoon noon so it’d be chaos if there was only a five minute changeover with headliners etc!

It’s so hard to work out how it would work at leeds. The hill for starters. The radio 1 area created a choke point, never mind an actual main stage. Surely it can’t go there. 

1 hour ago, r55N said:

Spiritbox just cancelled Reading because of the Limp Bizkit tour cancelation. (their instagram)

Can’t see how both things are connected unless Bizkit were supposed to be secret set.

Noooooo! 

ive only got 9 bands that I really want to see all weekend and now that’s reduced to 8 (unless they get a decent replacement)

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

If the second main is where the radio 1 stage was some of the stamepdes are going to be dangerous. The Wombats>TDCC for starters, there is no one watching the wombats who won’t wanna run straight to TDCC

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

this is what i’m thinking, it’s so bizzare to me. i’m going in with an open mind and am incredibly happy to be proved wrong but i thing the whole idea is so silly and won’t work in practice. 

Bar and toilet queues too...

2 hours ago, r55N said:

It seems like Ho99o9 cancelled as well.

1 minute ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Imagine they're working on getting some last minute replacements for The Pit then, what british bands would you like to see perform in there?

Malevolence. 

Really hoping that City Morgue don’t pull but I can also see it coming. 

That introducing stage is proper quality this year isn’t it? STONE, Yard Act, Alfie Indra, Bonnie Kemplay, Calva Louise and Berwyn all really great acts. Really hoping for minimal clashes for Stone, Yard Act and Alfie Indra especially, have accepted with Calva Louise and Berwyn being headliners and subs respectively i’ll probably be elsewhere.

Can’t recommend Stone and Yard Act enough if you’re into your new wave post punk semi-spoken word style stuff 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Noooooo! 

ive only got 9 bands that I really want to see all weekend and now that’s reduced to 8 (unless they get a decent replacement)

Bollocks! Ho99o9 gone too.

Im down to 7 for the weekend (would’ve been 6 after QOTSA pulled out but happy with Biffy)

Fingers and everything else is crossed that the replacements are good.

56 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Feel like this is the start of US bands pulling out - Yungblud (lives in LA) and KennyHoopla are in the UK so they’re good to go

What’s annoying is that the festival aren’t even keeping us up to date.

The fact Spiritbox have pulled out was discovered because someone spotted it on their instagram and Ho99o9 have been removed from the poster without comment.

Fair play to Bloodstock who have kept us up to date every time there is a line up change.

Edited by rivalschools.price
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

What’s annoying is that the festival aren’t even keeping us up to date.

The fact Spiritbox have pulled out was discovered because someone spotted it on their instagram and Ho99o9 have been removed from the poster without comment.

Fair play to Bloodstock who have kept us up to date every time there is a line up change.

It's sold out, they don't care anymore to be honest. 30k people could turn up but 90k tickets sold is what matters. 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's sold out, they don't care anymore to be honest. 30k people could turn up but 90k tickets sold is what matters. 

I get that but most other businesses would still need to look after their potential future customers by treating them well.Thatobviously doesn’t apply in Reading/Leeds case as there’ll still be a queue of new people wanting tickets next year regardless.

9 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I get that but most other businesses would still need to look after their potential future customers by treating them well.Thatobviously doesn’t apply in Reading/Leeds case as there’ll still be a queue of new people wanting tickets next year regardless.

I imagine they’ll be saving them up for an announcement next week or when the app/set times are out but it’s still not great. It’d be less embarrassing for them to derail all the changes at once than post every time an act pulls out. It’ll have to be officially announced soon, you’d be fuming if it got down to set times coming out only to find your favourite band had pulled out.