2021 Lineup

7 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

It’s an irrelevant question. Disclosure / catfish / LG . Hardly headline material at “major” festivals. Postie 3 years on the trot, come on! Biffy a headline act 6/7 years ago. 
Stormzy huge in his genre fair enough

It’s a fair point...

no need to be a ‘global’ star. UK is good enough, otherwise Biffy would’ve never been in with a shout.

Post Malone and Stormzy fit the bill this year, Liam Gallagher at least is a household name. 

The b-list headliners are all as reflected by their time slots. Sub headliners at best these days (Biffy may still just about get away with topping the bill)

Edited by Benj

51 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Quite a good shout. Quite a bad band. 

Not seen them live but the new album is good. I'd see them at Slam Dunk but I can't bring myself to pay £85 for a handful of bands. So many acts touring the weekend of/week after R&L, absolute minefield guessing if any will do a secret set

It seems like the more headliners there are, the more they can get away with them being smaller names. In 2017, there were only 3 headliners but they pulled in Eminem and Muse, huge acts. They're trying to cater to too many genres this year (hip hop, grime, rock, indie, dance). I would say only Stormzy and Post Malone are 'huge' acts this year. LG is popular but it's just him on his own and half his set will be Oasis songs played by a backing band of nobodies

6 minutes ago, Darberry said:

It seems like the more headliners there are, the more they can get away with them being smaller names. In 2017, there were only 3 headliners but they pulled in Eminem and Muse, huge acts. They're trying to cater to too many genres this year (hip hop, grime, rock, indie, dance). I would say only Stormzy and Post Malone are 'huge' acts this year. LG is popular but it's just him on his own and half his set will be Oasis songs played by a backing band of nobodies

Really think you’re underselling LGs popularity here

pulls big crowds wherever he plays

13 minutes ago, Darberry said:

LG is a strange one. He's fantastic live and think he's absolutely big enough to headline a festival like R&L in this country but this is his ceiling. He's obviously heavily reliant on the Oasis songs but to a lot of people he is Oasis. Yeah you don't get most of the songs Noel sings but you're getting the majority of the first two albums which is enough to fill a headline length set. Most people won't care less who the backing band is, they're there for Liam, plus Bonehead tends to play the bigger gigs.

He's big enough to headline R&L but this is it without Oasis. If anyone was at Finsbury Park you'll know how good he can be

Edited by andyrhodes24

9 minutes ago, Rotinajer said:

Agreed, but oasis are on another level to any British band ever, I’d say. 

I can’t think of a bigger reunion show/tour? Surely the most in demand tickets ever? 

There's the likes of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones etc who are more deserving of the title of most levelled up British Band ever.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, jump said:

There's the likes of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones etc who are more deserving of the title of most levelled up British Band ever.

Sorry I didn’t make clear, I meant from a reunion ticket demand POV 

beatles = impossible for obvious reasons. People still see Macca but I wouldn’t say he’s that “in demand” amongst young population 

Led zep.. I’ll give you that. Reunion would be huge. Though again. I don’t know a single person under the age of 30 who would care

Stones = been and done, still actively touring, not that hard to get tickets 

did chuckle at the suggestion of the smiths being bigger than oasis though. Maybe in the north. I’m unsure.

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

LG is a strange one. He's fantastic live and think he's absolutely big enough to headline a festival like R&L in this country but this is his ceiling. He's obviously heavily reliant on the Oasis songs but to a lot of people he is Oasis. Yeah you don't get most of the songs Noel sings but you're getting the majority of the first two albums which is enough to fill a headline length set. Most people won't care less who the backing band is, they're there for Liam, plus Bonehead tends to play the bigger gigs.

He's big enough to headline R&L but this is it without Oasis. If anyone was at Finsbury Park you'll know how good he can be

If headlining R&L, the second biggest festival in the UK (and biggest by joint capacity) is his ceiling then i’m sure he’ll be able to sleep happy tonight

Edited by gfa

On 8/5/2021 at 1:58 PM, nathanh said:

Were wasting our time… You write essays trying to preach your point to people who don’t agree. Whos really wasting their time? 

Preaching? It's not a religious sermon. 

Yes you wasting your time, because you bother to react to the post in a way I don't give two shits about lol.

I know you don't agree, but you fucking did 6 months ago when Boris was doing everything wrong and not putting things in place quickly enough didn't you. BUT, now there's events to go....ah nevermind...we'll forget we felt like this. Yes it's my view, but it's based on others pure utter turn a blind eye bullshit!

1 hour ago, jump said:

I'm not sure how many people would be excited about The Smiths nowadays, people fucking hate Morrissey now. I was hating Morrissey before it was cool.

You’d be surprised I think, massive in the indie crowd even if Morrisey is the worlds biggest tit

10 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

You’d be surprised I think, massive in the indie crowd even if Morrisey is the worlds biggest tit

Plus they would probably have Nigel Farage as the opening act to try and gain right wing fans to make up all the lefties he's now lost.

22 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Preaching? It's not a religious sermon. 

Yes you wasting your time, because you bother to react to the post in a way I don't give two shits about lol.

I know you don't agree, but you fucking did 6 months ago when Boris was doing everything wrong and not putting things in place quickly enough didn't you. BUT, now there's events to go....ah nevermind...we'll forget we felt like this. Yes it's my view, but it's based on others pure utter turn a blind eye bullshit!

The user you're arguing with didn't have an account on here 6 months ago so they couldn't have bad mouthed Boris then even if they wanted to. Are you just assuming everyone was anti-Boris/pro lockdowns?

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, Rotinajer said:

Sorry I didn’t make clear, I meant from a reunion ticket demand POV 

beatles = impossible for obvious reasons. People still see Macca but I wouldn’t say he’s that “in demand” amongst young population 

Led zep.. I’ll give you that. Reunion would be huge. Though again. I don’t know a single person under the age of 30 who would care

Stones = been and done, still actively touring, not that hard to get tickets 

did chuckle at the suggestion of the smiths being bigger than oasis though. Maybe in the north. I’m unsure.

People in America love The Smiths. People in America don’t know who Oasis are. 

5 hours ago, TownNation said:

That’s the only thing - how many positive tests / results are going to come out of this.

thankfully, I’m in the guest area and have also bring double vaccinated so I’ve done what I can before the festival. And I understand those who aren’t vaccinated etc. I don’t judge 😅 but it’s how many positive results come out after the festival which in turn this is the biggest event with it being full capacity with people all over the place

I’m excited for the festival but scared about the aftermath, if that makes sense. 

The guest area is probably the most dangerous place to be