2021 Lineup

7 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

You write that very original joke yourself? 😂

He is correct though. I’m a catfish fan and find this correct. To have 3 albums that progressively did worse. To have 7 big songs on album 1 down to 3 and then 1. Then nothing for the last 2 years. How they’ve manage to convince festivals they’re headline material is miraculous. 

headline acts should be huge worldwide acts with a plethora of huge songs to pick from. 3 of them. Not 6 “big” acts 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

He is correct though. I’m a catfish fan and find this correct. To have 3 albums that progressively did worse. To have 7 big songs on album 1 down to 3 and then 1. Then nothing for the last 2 years. How they’ve manage to convince festivals they’re headline material is miraculous. 

headline acts should be huge worldwide acts with a plethora of huge songs to pick from. 3 of them. Not 6 “big” acts 

I've always thought Catfish's albums have strong first halves, poor second halves (bar the odd song) and a strong final track. Tyrants, Outside and Overlap have been some of the best for me but The Ride has been the worst

12 hours ago, gfa said:

Tyrants is a must, they will surely be closing their biggest ever shows with it. Would only be right.

I have a weird thing with catfish where I hate them for them, but do actually really like some of the music. That song for me is way above every one of their others and it baffled me looking at that setlist from that tour.

Those were their biggest shows so far at arenas so they seem to have decided they don't need it. Also baffling considering that set contained any songs at all from that third album while dropping Tyrants

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brandohoff said:

They are huge in the UK and for the R&L audience. They are basically in the glorified sub spot also. They put on good live shows and have sets full of good singalongs. Far more worthy than some recent headliners for the R&L crowd than like Kings of Leon where 90% of the audience only knows 2 songs. They have definitely worked their way up too, they have pretty much headlined every festival in the country at this point. Also its their only shows this year in the UK (and only in the world except some random swiss festival), its not like they are playing everywhere.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Hoping for some rumours/news to come out regarding the secret set soon

Anyone reckon Waterparks could do one in the Pit? They're in the UK for an album launch tour starting on the Monday after R&L before heading to Slam Dunk. They were on the 2020 lineup in the R1 tent

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I have a weird thing with catfish where I hate them for them, but do actually really like some of the music. That song for me is way above every one of their others and it baffled me looking at that setlist from that tour.

Those were their biggest shows so far at arenas so they seem to have decided they don't need it. Also baffling considering that set contained any songs at all from that third album while dropping Tyrants

This, exactly.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

What utter rubbish.

I agree, I don’t give a shit about Catfish but catching a band when they are at their white hot peak and headlining a fest to me is more exciting than a huge act just making another stop on their world wide tour.  Depending on the act themselves of course. 

It kinda reminds me of when Download waited too long to have Biffy headline so when they finally did the reaction was just meh to them. It’s gonna be the same when Download are finally promoting some new headliners due Def Leppard, KISS and Aerosmith dying of old age and those new headliners are already past their peak.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

They are huge in the UK and for the R&L audience. They are basically in the glorified sub spot also. They put on good live shows and have sets full of good singalongs. Far more worthy than some recent headliners for the R&L crowd than like Kings of Leon where 90% of the audience only knows 2 songs. They have definitely worked their way up too, they have pretty much headlined every festival in the country at this point. Also its their only shows this year in the UK (and only in the world except some random swiss festival), its not like they are playing everywhere.

I see what you’re saying but maybe 2017/2018 they should of been there. Their stock has dwindled in the last 3 years and they haven’t brought anything relevant to the music scene in 3/4 years. I like catfish I will be there watching. I just don’t think they warrant “headliner” at the biggest festival in the uk in 2years.  

6 “mediocre” headliners seems to be a cheaper alternative to 3 huge headliners. I hope the 2 main stage ideas is just a 1 year plan to keep it “outdoors” as we all know how much safer we are outdoors than in a tent with covid about 🙄

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I have the same thing for Courteeners, I hate them for them, and also a lot of their fans. 

17 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

I see what you’re saying but maybe 2017/2018 they should of been there. Their stock has dwindled in the last 3 years and they haven’t brought anything relevant to the music scene in 3/4 years. I like catfish I will be there watching. I just don’t think they warrant “headliner” at the biggest festival in the uk in 2years.  

6 “mediocre” headliners seems to be a cheaper alternative to 3 huge headliners. I hope the 2 main stage ideas is just a 1 year plan to keep it “outdoors” as we all know how much safer we are outdoors than in a tent with covid about 🙄

Which 3 huge headliners would you of had this year?

Edited by thetime

31 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

6 mediocre headliners to be cheaper is exactly the point.

Also having no Radio 1 is hardly safer when the other 4 or 5 tents are still about, it will help a bit but in the grand scheme of things it will make no difference since Covid will be running rampant at R&L regardless. I hope it comes back but its the kind of thing they can't quickly go back from in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

6 mediocre headliners to be cheaper is exactly the point.

Also having no Radio 1 is hardly safer when the other 4 or 5 tents are still about, it will help a bit but in the grand scheme of things it will make no difference since Covid will be running rampant at R&L regardless. I hope it comes back but its the kind of thing they can't quickly go back from in my opinion.

That’s the only thing - how many positive tests / results are going to come out of this.

thankfully, I’m in the guest area and have also bring double vaccinated so I’ve done what I can before the festival. And I understand those who aren’t vaccinated etc. I don’t judge 😅 but it’s how many positive results come out after the festival which in turn this is the biggest event with it being full capacity with people all over the place

I’m excited for the festival but scared about the aftermath, if that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Agree with this but just to be pedantic, they’re also playing Neighbourhood in September in the UK. 

2 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Anyone reckon Waterparks could do one in the Pit? They're in the UK for an album launch tour starting on the Monday after R&L before heading to Slam Dunk. They were on the 2020 lineup in the R1 tent

Quite a good shout. Quite a bad band. 

31 minutes ago, TownNation said:

That’s the only thing - how many positive tests / results are going to come out of this.

thankfully, I’m in the guest area and have also bring double vaccinated so I’ve done what I can before the festival. And I understand those who aren’t vaccinated etc. I don’t judge 😅 but it’s how many positive results come out after the festival which in turn this is the biggest event with it being full capacity with people all over the place

I’m excited for the festival but scared about the aftermath, if that makes sense. 

So what’s the difference of 80k spread out over acres of space and 75k inside old Trafford or 90k inside Wembley on Saturday. 36 football league matches on this weekend coming. Over 120k supporters will attend those games. Does that scare you too, or you just getting at festivals ? 

59 minutes ago, thetime said:

Which 3 huge headliners would you of had this year?

It’s an irrelevant question. Disclosure / catfish / LG . Hardly headline material at “major” festivals. Postie 3 years on the trot, come on! Biffy a headline act 6/7 years ago. 
Stormzy huge in his genre fair enough