2021 Lineup

2 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Does anyone know if there's any update on Catfish? Assuming there would have been a press release if they weren't playing but seems very strange that they haven't posted at all this year... Could they be breaking up and R&L be their last tour dates (to be fair, it's probably as high as they'd ever go so talk about going out on a high!) or could they have just gone silent as they're working on new music? Been over 2 years since they released the balance.  

I don't think they're breaking up, I'm hoping that their silence is just because there hasn't been much to shout about while Covid has been going on. If they were breaking up I think they'd have said when all the rumours were flying about a couple of weeks ago. They're one of my favourite bands so I'd hate to be proved wrong but that R&L retweet was enough for me

4 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

do we reckon there’ll be a secret set?

There should be. There’s special guests on the introducing and a couple of gaps here and there across some other stages too - one that stands out is the festival republic stage on Friday (Leeds) with a hour and a bit gap which could potentially hint at something. 

I definitely think they’ll be a secret set or 2 

33 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Does anyone know if there's any update on Catfish? Assuming there would have been a press release if they weren't playing but seems very strange that they haven't posted at all this year... Could they be breaking up and R&L be their last tour dates (to be fair, it's probably as high as they'd ever go so talk about going out on a high!) or could they have just gone silent as they're working on new music? Been over 2 years since they released the balance.  

They’re not breaking up. Would’ve been removed from the lineup in the last announcement.. thought this was clear when RandL retweeted Catfishs announcement that they were the headliner 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Exactly my point! Double vaccination is all they can do for this. EVERYONE wanted to government to act and do it there and then and not 7 days later. Though now it's okay to do it 6 weeks later and not instantly instead because it benefits people who want to attend an event.

Bad decisions make zero sense. Let's just accept that what is being allowed to happen and what people are okay with due to they get to go to something is 'sugar coating' it and ignoring previous views.

It's very much double standards if a huge selection of people will be using a test system that is 50% accurate to get in which has suddenly changed from my top point in this. Plenty of people of the younger are testing positive but given the stance on here from people were it doesn't matter a while back I guess that stance is it's OK!

I'm real and honest about my views, not real and honest depending on what appeals to me or not.

I'm not sure many on here were saying that you should have to be vax'd to enter Reading. 

Testing is probably a better way to ensure minimal COVID spread anyway although I agree re the LFTs not being the best way to do this. Its what we have though and with current risk levels, unless we're going to be going for a zero COVID country (its a little late now), I think the many reasons for the festival to go ahead outweighs those for it not to.

8 minutes ago, Benj said:

I'm not sure many on here were saying that you should have to be vax'd to enter Reading. 

Testing is probably a better way to ensure minimal COVID spread anyway although I agree re the LFTs not being the best way to do this. Its what we have though and with current risk levels, unless we're going to be going for a zero COVID country (its a little late now), I think the many reasons for the festival to go ahead outweighs those for it not to.

Just to make it abundantly clear despite what some arseholes on here think, I'm not against the festival at all. I'm against this and such like under circumstances mentioned.

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Exactly my point! Double vaccination is all they can do for this. EVERYONE wanted to government to act and do it there and then and not 7 days later. Though now it's okay to do it 6 weeks later and not instantly instead because it benefits people who want to attend an event.

Bad decisions make zero sense. Let's just accept that what is being allowed to happen and what people are okay with due to they get to go to something is 'sugar coating' it and ignoring previous views.

It's very much double standards if a huge selection of people will be using a test system that is 50% accurate to get in which has suddenly changed from my top point in this. Plenty of people of the younger are testing positive but given the stance on here from people were it doesn't matter a while back I guess that stance is it's OK!

I'm real and honest about my views, not real and honest depending on what appeals to me or not.

Just to make it clear, down vote all you want as there is 2102 reasons why you're wasting your time lol

12 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Telling people that you saw KSI live this year is gonna be like having to tell people you saw Big Shaq in 2018. 

I made that mistake once, not again 

Personally disagree with this, KSI is obviously known for his YouTube antics but he's really trying to give music a go and has a #1 album. I don't think it's a novelty (like Big Shaq was). I'll be going to see what he's actually like live! 

52 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Same here, that tent will be rammed. Praying to the R&L gods they don't clash with MGK or I'll have a big call to make

I'm well glad they're playing the relentless stage at Leeds so I don't have to worry about the clash. will definitely be a wild set

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

I’d very much expect them to play a new song at reading. Last album release they went quiet, headlined ‘this is tomorrow’ festival and debuted a new song, and released music a few months later. Also I’m pretty certain they’ve got a 4th album finished ngl. 

23 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

I'm well glad they're playing the relentless stage at Leeds so I don't have to worry about the clash. will definitely be a wild set

Hoping my mates stick around for Relentless so I can catch both. It’s got the potential to be unreal in the tent

10 minutes ago, K2001 said:

I’d very much expect them to play a new song at reading. Last album release they went quiet, headlined ‘this is tomorrow’ festival and debuted a new song, and released music a few months later. Also I’m pretty certain they’ve got a 4th album finished ngl. 

Hope not tbh. The set they were playing on the 2019 tours were top notch, very much excited for a similar one. Maybe one or two new songs slipping in there but hopefully not much haha

13 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Hope not tbh. The set they were playing on the 2019 tours were top notch, very much excited for a similar one. Maybe one or two new songs slipping in there but hopefully not much haha

Oh agreed tbh, I think they’ll debut one new song and otherwise will be a similar setlist, although there’s still a few off ‘The Balance’ their last album that they haven’t played before that might make it in. 

7 minutes ago, K2001 said:

Oh agreed tbh, I think they’ll debut one new song and otherwise will be a similar setlist, although there’s still a few off ‘The Balance’ their last album that they haven’t played before that might make it in. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/catfish-and-the-bottlemen/2019/arena-birmingham-birmingham-england-b9d6d52.html

this gig was top tier. elite setlist, praying for similar maybe just needed tyrants added in there 

I’m not confident we’ll get a big secret set on the main stage, definitely expect one in the pit/fr though. I reckon 2 of the 3 introducing secret sets will just be people on the lineup as always and one will be an indie act not on the lineup like love fame tragedy, peace and drenge at leeds from the last couple years 

4 hours ago, TheWaters said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/catfish-and-the-bottlemen/2019/arena-birmingham-birmingham-england-b9d6d52.html

this gig was top tier. elite setlist, praying for similar maybe just needed tyrants added in there 

Tyrants is a must, they will surely be closing their biggest ever shows with it. Would only be right.